• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan Ibrahimović

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
...waiting for the 'not an improvement on Giroud' crew to arrive.

Does France still have that ridiculous 75% tax? Only thing that could help us pay whatever wage he must be on.

You should look on the "Summer transfer rumours" thread. Someone posted this gem. :(

Seriously, would there be a point in signing Zlatan when we have Giroud? Both are similar in the in terms of being static strikers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Many on AM want to wait for that once in a generation level striker to replace Giroud. Nothing else is enough of an improvement.

Hmmm.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I remember when the Leicester goalie hit Giroud in the back of the head with the football and he got a yellow card for interfering with play.

Forward 2 months to the exact same situation. Zlatan gets hit in the back of the head, but bam... instead of a yellow card Zlatan gets a goal.

That's the difference in class between both of them.

Proof

Established Member
Lord have mercy! Zlatan is my favorite non-Arsenal player and if we'll sign him I will ****ing explode! We would win the title. No question.
Ibrahimovic is the only striker who can break the no. 9 jersey curse. Make it happen! This is too good to be true. Signing him would be surreal.

Last edited:

Marmaduke

I have close to zero belief that Zlatan will ever play for Arsenal...

But could you imagine him telling Giroud to stop being a baby and just play? The guy is a winner pure and simple, as is Sanchez.... just about twice the size and scary. That would go a long way to remedy us as a "soft" team. Our team feeding Zlatan is simply too much for my brain to imagine.

If Wenger really wants to finally get one over Mourinho its time for him to put reason and finances aside. Get some monster players..

Charisma

You should look on the "Summer transfer rumours" thread. Someone posted this gem. :(

Seriously, would there be a point in signing Zlatan when we have Giroud? Both are similar in the in terms of being static strikers.

You're quoting me out of context. I am in no way Girouds biggest fan, I just think people are slightly a little harsh on him.

In terms of Zlatan, unless we're getting rid of Giroud which is near impossible this isn't going to happen and rightly so. Fair enough, Zlatan is a quality striker but I don't think he's the striker we need. A tricky striker who likes to dribble similar to Suarez (I know there isn't anyone available on that level) is what our team lacks.

Personally, I would actually prefer us to take a punt on Vietto at Villarreal who is not a big name but could potentially solve our striking issues by giving us the freedom to mix it up in certain games throughout the season.

Putting everything into perspective, I can't see Arsène Wenger spending on a 33 year old with a huge ego and a player who would demand a massive salary.

markafc

Very very unlikely but would be insane. Would most likely win us the league, give us amazing quotes and interviews and pretty much double our pull in the transfer market for other players. Age is irrelevant, a season or two out of him would be well worth the money. Could probably pay his wages in shirt sales alone

How many years do Zlatan has at top level? I mean his physique is insane.

What do it means for Giroud? Surely that we are trying to get rid...

DanAust

Its never going to happen but...
When we sell Podolski it frees up a shirt number.
article-2412691-08EE79BC000005DC-332_306x423.jpg

Wenger could then go and get Yaya Toure and make up for some mistakes made in the early 2000's :p

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Had to laugh when I heard this rumour. So is Wenger going to dare to Zlatan?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You're quoting me out of context. I am in no way Girouds biggest fan, I just think people are slightly a little harsh on him.

In terms of Zlatan, unless we're getting rid of Giroud which is near impossible this isn't going to happen and rightly so. Fair enough, Zlatan is a quality striker but I don't think he's the striker we need. A tricky striker who likes to dribble similar to Suarez (I know there isn't anyone available on that level) is what our team lacks.

Personally, I would actually prefer us to take a punt on Vietto at Villarreal who is not a big name but could potentially solve our striking issues by giving us the freedom to mix it up in certain games throughout the season.

Putting everything into perspective, I can't see Arsène Wenger spending on a 33 year old with a huge ego and a player who would demand a massive salary.

I dont think for a minute that we will get Zlatan but that is irrelevant to my post. You say there is little point getting Zlatan because we have Giroud, and I disagree. If you meant something else then yes, I quoted you out of context. Having read your post again I can confirm that I have not quoted you out of context!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He would be poisonous for the dressing room. He has regressed in recent seasons as well, don't think he'd win us the league.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

He would be poisonous for the dressing room. He has regressed in recent seasons as well, don't think he'd win us the league.
Wouldn't worry about the dressing room, lad is full of himself but more in a harmless way. Apart from the recent "France don't deserve PSG" rant he isn't a Balotelli type who cause controversies and stuff.

Charisma

Totally agree, the same people who want him were the ones who wanted Balotelli last summer and look how that one has turned out. It's laughable how they thought Balotelli was an upgrade on Giroud.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Totally agree, the same people who want him were the ones who wanted Balotelli last summer and look how that one has turned out. It's laughable how they thought Balotelli was an upgrade on Giroud.

Balotelli now compared to Zlatan.

The window isn't even open and I'm already done.

Charisma

Balotelli now compared to Zlatan.

The window isn't even open and I'm already done.

Zlatan's ego is as bad as Balotelli if not worse there was a reason why both Mourinho and Guardiola cashed in on him when they had the opportunity to do so at Inter Milan and Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom