• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan Ibrahimović

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Zlatan's ego is as bad as Balotelli if not worse there was a reason why both Mourinho and Guardiola cashed in on him when they had the opportunity to do so at Inter Milan and Barcelona.

If you call 46M plus Eto'o and Hleb cashing in.

Marmaduke

You take a punt with ego and you need a bit of it if you strive to be the best.

I didn't care at all about all the biting Suarez was in, he is a WC player and would have made us much closer to winning the league.

Same with Ibra, he's full of himself but you don't say no to that kind of player. Maybe if Welbeck had a massive ego to go with his athleticism he would be beating players and banging in goals for fun... but he seems like a down to earth nice guy.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

And I would love to see Giroud just score one of these goals.
The goal vs italy is classic, especially with Lasse Granqvist going nuts screaming "DET ÄR INTE MÖJLIGT" while the other guy tries to calm him down.

Charisma

Fair enough, that was a bizarre deal. But what was the reasoning for Guardiola trying to force him out of the club? The problem with Zlatan has never been his quality, he's up there with the best when he's playing well and that has never been what I'm questioning.

I'm debating that at 33 years old and with his salary expectations and his massive ego. I personally do not think he would be a viable option for us in this current market.

Marmaduke

I'm debating that at 33 years old and with his salary expectations and his massive ego. I personally do not think he would be a viable option for us in this current market.

I don't think he is a realistic target either nor that this would ever happen. But I do think we could rock the league with him leading the line, he is just fun to watch.

His style of play and intelligence will give him another 3 years at the top I reckon, he doesn't look at worse a player at 33 than he did at 30. At the very least he would just be awesome branding for us. Every remote amazonian village would know this guy...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough, that was a bizarre deal. But what was the reasoning for Guardiola trying to force him out of the club? The problem with Zlatan has never been his quality, he's up there with the best when he's playing well and that has never been what I'm questioning.

Guardiola moved him on because he didn't fit their tiki taka style of play and Messi got stroppy and wanted to be their main striker. Wasn't his attitude that was at fault or anything.

I'd pay one year of 200k and a 12M transfer fee no worries, if we bought him megastars would see us as a viable destination.

nicky47

Established Member
Surely no chance Wenger would go for Ibra... It's early days I know but the rumours so far have been dire. Hope some form of movement happens soon.

nicky47

Established Member
Hilarious that Arsenal fans would turn their noses up at Zlatan but drool over Higuan....
I find it more hilarious people complain about players who are aged 27 or 28, yet are happy with Ibra who'll be 34 this year. Not saying he's not quality though, and not many people are drooling over Higuain I don't think.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Whether it's believable or not there are reports in the Telegraph that Arsenal are bidding about 11m for Ibrahimovic. Bearing in mind the likelihood that we won't be able to get anyone in the Higuain and upwards bracket, I'd love an inquiry made and someone to sell the project to him. Of course when you're not in the CL, it's easier when you have an internationally renowned manager but Rodgers looks like he could be a good salesman. The clubs who know what they're doing commercially would not worry about his wages because that can be taken care of through various channels and nor should we. Could you imagine what a pick me up that would be to our fans?

This is actually off RAWK.

We better sign him up quick or Brendan will "sell him on the project"
smiley-laughing002.gif

amirkat

Established Member
Do it, Arsène. Who cares about ego or wages when it's Zlatan. Get him in for one or two seasons; win the PL; Wenger goes out with a bang. :cool:

Marmaduke

If Ibra joining us is a stretch... him going to Liverpool?

I find it more hilarious people complain about players who are aged 27 or 28, yet are happy with Ibra who'll be 34 this year. Not saying he's not quality though, and not many people are drooling over Higuain I don't think.

I think drooling is me exaggerating, I think people just want an upgrade in CF. We have been spoiled by some really gifted footballers there and Giroud (I like him mind you) is still a let down in comparison.

Plus anyone who signs Zlatan won't give him a long contract. It a friends with benefits arrangement.

cannonade

Established Member
Do it, Arsène. Who cares about ego or wages when it's Zlatan. Get him in for one or two seasons; win the PL; Wenger goes out with a bang. :cool:
Kind of agree with this. Very unWenger-like, but if Ibra's still got the goods, I'd be tempted.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Yeah, ridiculous notion tbf. Eto'o at that time was one of the best CFs in the world, and you'd be insane not to accept that kind of deal.

It'd be like Real Madrid offering you Kroos + £40m for Ramsey. Obviously some on here would be insane enough to turn down the deal, but realistically it's simply too good to turn down. The £40m could be used on ANOTHER top player, just like Mourinho did.

Charisma

Yeah, ridiculous notion tbf. Eto'o at that time was one of the best CFs in the world, and you'd be insane not to accept that kind of deal.

It'd be like Real Madrid offering you Kroos + £40m for Ramsey. Obviously some on here would be insane enough to turn down the deal, but realistically it's simply too good to turn down. The £40m could be used on ANOTHER top player, just like Mourinho did.

We're not a small club, if let's say Chelsea like they did came knocking and offered us for let's say 60M-80M which was a lot of money at that time for Thierry Henry at his peak, I wouldn't take it. I would rather get the best years out of a world class player like that than care about finances. Ibra has peaked already, the only way for his career is to turn is downhill from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom