• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan Ibrahimović

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
We're not a small club, if let's say Chelsea like they did came knocking and offered us for let's say 60M-80M which was a lot of money at that time for Thierry Henry at his peak, I wouldn't take it. I would rather get the best years out of a world class player like that than care about finances. Ibra has peaked already, the only way for his career is to turn is downhill from here.

1. Selling to a rival is completely different than selling to a team in a different league.
  2. Getting a world class player in return (in the same position = direct replacement) + a massive sum of money is way different than just getting the money.
  3. The player + fee deal effectively meant that Inter sold Ibrahimovic and got Eto'o, Sneijder and Lucio in return, all of whom were centerpieces behind Inter's CL success.

Marmaduke

@Charisma

I'm confused I'll be honest. We are talking about a hypothetical situation of Ibra at Arsenal for 1/2 years.

His form and goal scoring has been superb pretty much everywhere he has been. I can't wrap my head around how you think he wouldn't improve our team...

Proof

Established Member
There was a reason why both Mourinho and Guardiola cashed in on him when they had the opportunity to do so at Inter Milan and Barcelona.
Ibrahimovic was Barcelona's best player in the first half of his first season. The main reason he left is because he didn't fit their style.

Zlatan's relationship with Mourinho was great. Mourinho said that he was one of the best players he ever coached.

The full quote:

Jose Mourinho: “I don't understand when people say he [Ibrahimovic] is a difficult guy to work with or a difficult personality. When you have somebody that is a winner and wants to win all the time, I think he is very, very easy. I only coached him for a year but it was a good year, a good experience and I rate him as one of the best players I have ever coached.”

samshere

Why so serieuse?
If we sign him, I imagine him doing for us what RVP did for united in the 2012-13 season. Arsène will also be thinking along similar lines.
Also, Ibrahimovic in the premier league would give us a chance to see live one of the great characters of the game over the past decade so i'd love for this to happen.

Refo

Yeah, transfer season is well and truly upon us now. We can only wait with bated breath for the eventual Kalou and Gourcuff rumors.

As far as Zlatan goes, he could possibly win Arsenal the league. His performances in the CL keep underwhelming year after year, though. Still take him any day over the current options.

GoonerfromKz

Player:Trossard
Ibra will give us more than 1-2 years, the man is a beast both physically and technically.

Marmaduke

Media loves to make bad guys and villains. Ballotelli got so much crap and coverage every time he did something immature. Look at those idiots filming sexcapades.... Or all the despicable sh*t JT and Giggs did. Could you imagine Balo or Ibra involved? It would be a bigger scandal than FIFA giving bribes...

Ibrahimovich with his ego and ridiculous quotes is a perfect "bad" guy recipe for media. You could spin so many stories on a slow day.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Zlatan would be amazing, but the key thing about any of this would be the role he would play in the squad. Zlatan's 33, so there is no way that he'd be capable of playing close to 50 matches a season. He was injured for a lot of this season for PSG.

If he would be okay with rotating, which I doubt he would be, then it would be an epic signing.

He could give us that extra class in the final third that we're missing. His link up play will be better than Giroud's.

And we'd only need him for a couple seasons, and he could definitely help Theo, Welbeck and Akpom take their games to the next level.

Also, I'd send Giroud in the opposite direction

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Someone on Twitter said the site reporting this rumour are the Italian equivalent of caught offside and have a history of making up quotes/stories.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
yea it's not at all reliable

Even better...they didn't even report it. This rumour came out of thin air and TuttoFruityWeb or whatever got the 'credit' though they had nothing to do with it. And then you get the Telegraph running both an opinion piece on why we needed Zlatan and a poll on if we'd win the title if we did sign him.

I guess it must've been a slow news day on Fleet Street.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Zlatan would be a ridiculously good signing, would effectively hand us the title next season in my opinion. Would be an awesome signing for 2-3 years. I'm not sure if there's even a hint of truth in the rumour but surely people wouldn't turn their nose up at him?

33 or not, it doesn't really matter, he's pretty much the same player he was 5 years ago and doesn't rely on pace anyways. I was kinda underwhelmed by Higuain, being linked to this man is a bit more like it. Again I doubt there's any truth in it though.

Refo

Of course the rumor isn't reliable. Why in the **** would this happen? Considering his prior history with Arsenal, his apparent dislike of the EPL, and his comments about hanging about the cleats in a few years, it makes little to no sense.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Hilarious that Arsenal fans would turn their noses up at Zlatan but drool over Higuan....

Hilarious that @BaZZe likes this post. I mean Zlatan is 33, and well past Bazze's retirement age(27) for footballers. On top of that he's unproven in the PL(lmao)... He also only scored 19 goals(8 penalties) in a **** league... Overall this would make a terrible signing by Bazze's own arguments.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Hilarious that @BaZZe likes this post. I mean Zlatan is 33, and well past Bazze's retirement age(27) for footballers. On top of that he's unproven in the PL(lmao)... He also only scored 19 goals(8 penalties) in a **** league... Overall this would make a terrible signing by Bazze's own arguments.
It is true that Zlatan won't improve just like Higuain. Difference is that Higuain is mediocre at 27 while Zlatan is world class at 33.

Wow didn't think you would resort to delibirately misinterpret my quotes to try and win points. Taking "He's almost 30 he won't improve and his current level isn't good enough" and turning it to "He's 27 he's nearly finished." That was low.

Will admit though that it's pretty funny how you get so upset about this. Must've really touched a nerve when i didn't admit that Higuain is world class material lol.

Last edited:

Calypso_Boy

zlatatan is a supreme footballer if he is available do whatever it takes to get him. Hee's still better than every striker in the epl bar 1.

Yorch_44

Higuin will never be the half player of Ibra. Higuain would be the major plop of the decade. 30+ M to trash bin.

Kyle492

Zlatan has not came back to his best from the heel injury he picked at the beginning of the season.

I don't think he can come back to his best. Heel injuries are a nightmare.

(I watch PSG every week end)
+ his wage is ~ €14M a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom