• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zel Time has come

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Above Zelalem and Crowley for me is Maitland-Niles. I strongly believe that guy is going to be huge in the future.
My dark horse to make it out the U21s. Doesn't get the hype but always performs consistently. Think he's better out wide, but if he can adapt to a central position, he could be a highly useful player. Excellent technically, good dribbler and very quick. Nice pass on him too.

Crowley is the favorite because he tends to have a noticeable impact on games and that will stand him in good stead. Seems to be more penetrative and direct than Zelalem, which I guess is why people rate him higher.

Danskin

Established Member
Yeah, I think he's said multiple times that he feels better out wide but he's shown he can also do a very good job in the central-midfield if required. Very, very talented guy who's a bit overlooked because players like Crowley, Zelalem and Iwobi are getting more attention at the moment but he's every bit as good as the guys I mentioned if not better.

Also, it will be interesting to see how Iwobi progresses next season, especially if he stays in the CF role.

BobP

Memri Fan
What sort of player is Niles, I know he's highly rated but what's is it that's so special about him?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Muscle is heavier than fat

Not saying Zelalem is fat mind, just implying Sanchez may be lighter if he didn't have the muscle.

That bodes well for Gideon , to me it means his bones are heavier which means he will hold his own when he puts on a bit of muscle .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Fill out then, his frame is svelte, he's too slight for the hustle & bustle of the EPL midfield at present but I imagine he will as he matures. Walcott's bulked up big time but I imagine that's because he's filled out as he's matured.

I would just bring in a judo coach in and show them how to use leverage when their bodies in physical contact .

Physically big bodies can be a disadvantage sometimes , look at what Messi did to Boateng lol. Timmmmberrrrrrr....

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I agree about Judo coach; karate, joga whatever.
I remember Zlatan scoring a wonder goal for Inter, and later on they had bunch of ppl on tv talking about the goal.. Move he did was just unbelievable from physical perspective. Finally, his old karate coach speaks up and says its all cause of what Zlatan did at his classes and how his body can do all that in a reflex; after all the trainings he had.

Or look at on of the best basketball players ever, Tim Duncan. He was 37/38 last year when he won another ring; putting in absolutely fantastic numbers. Did it again this year; even though Sp**s didn't go far. And if you ask Tim how he does it, he's gonna tell you its yoga classes he did during last 2 summers

I am way off the topic; but I saw 'judo' in previous post and it got me going

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Zelalem's game this morning for USA in the knockout stages of U20 world cup:

Still issues with timing and decision-making while on the ball, but most promising aspect for me was the aggressiveness of his play and the way he won the ball back for his team. He's still pretty weak at this point, as evidenced in the video, but I think it's clear - particularly from the lack of goal threat he offers - that his best position is deeper in midfield rather than further forward at #10.

What sort of player is Niles, I know he's highly rated but what's is it that's so special about him?

Highly versatile, 2-footed like Cazorla, and a very clever technician. Excellent at dribbling, very solid athlete and the most underrated passer we have. Perhaps the most standout among those things is his work ethic and intelligence. Just seems to have good timing and decision-making for a player of his age, hence why he made his debut so young. Didn't look out of place vs Galatasaray.

Didn't finish the season as strongly as he started it, but he's definitely a mainstay at U21 level and is probably closer to the first team set-up than some may think.

BobP

Memri Fan
A. Niles reminds me of Ox.
B. The U21 Colombians looks massive.
C. Zelalem definitely looks like Özil.

Calypso_Boy

no loan for zelalem next year actually he needs to be playing and bulking up here. He's too good to go on loan.

Ainsley's looking good also, he could probably do with a loan to the championship.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I missed having exciting talented players in reserves and u20's. Zelalem, Niles, Crowley, Bielik, Akpom, Hayden.. Loving it!

I missed having exciting talented players in reserves and u20's. Zelalem, Niles, Crowley, Bielik, Akpom, Hayden.. Loving it!

Yeah Hayden was very unlucky last season, would have got a lot more minutes if he was not injured...

Maybe it is too late for him now, we will see!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Zelalem has been quite impressive in one or two games so far. He's highly regarded. Lets hope he can make the jump to the seniors and retain his status.

a_fourteen

Established Member
metro.co.uk/2015/06/10/arsenals-gedion-zelalem-again-proves-hes-pretty-decent-at-football-at-under-20-world-cup-5239952/

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Staying up for a 2nd time to watch Zelalem in this game v Serbia. Playing a bit crap, just like last time I stayed up to watch him. Can see his quality, but he's struggling for range and keeps turning the ball over.

Huge promise but not first team material yet. Hopefully a better 2nd half coming.

dbig

Best thing about Maitland-Niles is that when his shot from 35 yards out hits the crossbar and ricochets out, he immediately moves towards it.

None of the "Oh! Woe is me" reaction. :)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Zelalem's game this morning for USA in the knockout stages of U20 world cup:

Still issues with timing and decision-making while on the ball, but most promising aspect for me was the aggressiveness of his play and the way he won the ball back for his team. He's still pretty weak at this point, as evidenced in the video, but I think it's clear - particularly from the lack of goal threat he offers - that his best position is deeper in midfield rather than further forward at #10.

Highly versatile, 2-footed like Cazorla, and a very clever technician. Excellent at dribbling, very solid athlete and the most underrated passer we have. Perhaps the most standout among those things is his work ethic and intelligence. Just seems to have good timing and decision-making for a player of his age, hence why he made his debut so young. Didn't look out of place vs Galatasaray.

Didn't finish the season as strongly as he started it, but he's definitely a mainstay at U21 level and is probably closer to the first team set-up than some may think.

Just saw the highlights , some of his decision making is horrible .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Krystian Bielik plays like Matic. Has long strides and covers ground well. He's a good tackler and can pass too. He's one to watch for sure, hope to see him in the Emirates Cup too.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Krystian Bielik plays like Matic. Has long strides and covers ground well. He's a good tackler and can pass too. He's one to watch for sure, hope to see him in the Emirates Cup too.

Looks to be an intelligent player but plays a bit too slow at the moment. He's a big dude though so would be nice to have a tall player in there lol. I think we'll see him in pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom