• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zakaria Bakkali

elber82

Always felt he was overhyped when he first burst on the scene and so far he's done nothing to prove me wrong. Terrible attitude to go with it so you'd think the wise thing to do would be to steer clear.

But thing is he's still only 19, plenty of time to mature, naturally talented, available on free. Bit of a midget but I reckon he's worth taking on, see how it works out.

Refo

Has he done anything bad off the pitch apart from contracts? Never know how involved the agents are with those.

The laziness and unmotivated behaviour should be a dealbreaker though in itself.

PSV's sporting director said something about Bakkali being misled and influenced by those around him, so there's also that. it's a bad mix of everything.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The lad is difficult to handle and quite frankly doesn't possess the right mentality, but PSV didn't treat him in the right way either. They gave him a big contract at 16 years old, which saw him earn more than other players of his age. They treated him like he was special, granted he was, but it really went to his head. He thought he had made it and did well at the start of 2013/2014 season scoring some great goals, but a few months later as they were in talks over a new contract he kept refusing it and changing up the terms. He was being influenced by many different people, family/agents, with different motives, most of them wanted the big bucks I reckon, but the new contract never happened. Ever since he has been frozen out and was demoted to PSV's second team, which was January 2014. Hasn't played a single game for the first team since then and he can finally leave now that his contract is up.

So yeah, many factors at play, many people wanting something from him and pampered by the club. But I'd say it's mainly his own fault things went down as they did. He's just not a level-headed, mature player that can handle fame and money. Will bring trouble wherever he goes I guess, bit like Balotelli in that regard.

picsou

i'm Belgian and have seen hem play a lot. he's potentially a world class player, we should take the gamble on a free

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
The lad is difficult to handle and quite frankly doesn't possess the right mentality, but PSV didn't treat him in the right way either. They gave him a big contract at 16 years old, which saw him earn more than other players of his age. They treated him like he was special, granted he was, but it really went to his head. He thought he had made it and did well at the start of 2013/2014 season scoring some great goals, but a few months later as they were in talks over a new contract he kept refusing it and changing up the terms. He was being influenced by many different people, family/agents, with different motives, most of them wanted the big bucks I reckon, but the new contract never happened. Ever since he has been frozen out and was demoted to PSV's second team, which was January 2014. Hasn't played a single game for the first team since then and he can finally leave now that his contract is up.

So yeah, many factors at play, many people wanting something from him and pampered by the club. But I'd say it's mainly his own fault things went down as they did. He's just not a level-headed, mature player that can handle fame and money. Will bring trouble wherever he goes I guess, bit like Balotelli in that regard.

Sounds a bit like the RVP scenario.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
i'm Belgian and have seen hem play a lot. he's potentially a world class player, we should take the gamble on a free

I'm
sold4.jpg

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Difficult to judge players like this. Imagine being offered relatively ridiculous money at the age of 16? My head would explode, no way you're mature enough at that age to make an informed decision.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
RVP was a troublesome yute at Feyenoord and Wenger took a chance on him because he was a real talent. Could be the same with this fella. He specializes in these type of transfers, particularly if it's a freebie.

Only thing it's originating from the science fiction department of the Metro...

Our man Sanderson (he has the best job in the world-gets paid to make up football rumours):

"Because he’s set to become a free agent, Arsenal could wrap up the transfer quickly with no negotiation needed. The Gunners would have to pay training compensation, as he is under 23, but PSV would only be able to demand around £750,000."

It is pure supposition & also one for the future, not the here & now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom