• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager '15

• Thread starter Enoch
  • Start date
  • Replies 140
  • Views 20,214
E

Enoch

In '26/'27 at the moment, Pep just took over Nottingham Forest in December, Joey Barton takes over Liverpool. You would think someone of Pep's stature would get a better gig? Forest it is lol.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
rQN4Rvo.jpg

Painstakingly brought China into the world cup and my reward is to get one of the hardest group ever...

Annoyingly the 2 groups below me is crap.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Never had a regen son of mine in an FM save before, but i think i have Thierry Henry's in my save now. A regen wonderkid named Adrian Henry came through the academy, and he plays striker as well, is French but chose to play for England. I also have a regen wonderkid who plays CM named Paul Lambert lol, unlike his father though, he plays for England.

Honestly, they're probably not the kids of Theirry and Paul Sr., but i get a chuckle from thinking so.

That's ridiculous LOL, though with Rangers gone that's probably realistic haha.

I had a French Wenger kid come through the academy on my current save

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Never had a regen son of mine in an FM save before, but i think i have Thierry Henry's in my save now. A regen wonderkid named Adrian Henry came through the academy, and he plays striker as well, is French but chose to play for England. I also have a regen wonderkid who plays CM named Paul Lambert lol, unlike his father though, he plays for England.

Honestly, they're probably not the kids of Theirry and Paul Sr., but i get a chuckle from thinking so.

That's ridiculous LOL, though with Rangers gone that's probably realistic haha.

Check this vid;

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Just paid Messi's release clause in 2017 on my save. 110m pounds baby. First game v Stoke with a double and then gets hurt for two months. **** off.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'm always Arsenal mate!
Messi,Sanchez,Ox,Özil,Ramsey,Coquelin,Monreal,Koscielny,Chambers,Bellerin,Ter Stegen
Bench - Walcott, Giroud, Gotze, Wilshere, Cazorla, Bielik, Gabriel, Ospina, Merts

Fairplay, Bielik get's very good if introduced to first team footy early. Monreal is usually **** on FM, I cash in on him and sign Alaba or Alex Sandro as a replacement.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Fairplay, Bielik get's very good if introduced to first team footy early. Monreal is usually **** on FM, I cash in on him and sign Alaba or Alex Sandro as a replacement.
I focus the team on cohesion and because everyone is in good form even if Monreal is one of my lower contributors, he always gets a CA boost just from being in this beastly side. Ox, Sanchez and Özil are world class. Bellerin has become a world class right back as well from training and first team exposure after guess what? Debuchy suffering a similar injury in my save as real life. :D

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Alaba is such a beast in the game though, I'm looking at possibly grabbing Gaya next year though, he's world class already. I sold Gibbs and bought Digne, who's become quite good.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I focus the team on cohesion and because everyone is in good form even if Monreal is one of my lower contributors, he always gets a CA boost just from being in this beastly side. Ox, Sanchez and Özil are world class. Bellerin has become a world class right back as well from training and first team exposure after guess what? Debuchy suffering a similar injury in my save as real life. :D

Ox has always been disapointing on mine never got him to do much and never seen him develope under the ai either.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Ox has always been disapointing on mine never got him to do much and never seen him develope under the ai either.
Every single save I have he becomes my best player for some reason. Guess it's my tactic. At one save when I first got 15 and was testing my old tactics, I was almost out of top 4 and Ox saved me with 16 goals.

Welbeck for some reason is the guy others get ridiculous numbers from, but I can never get more than like 6 goals from him in a season. He's ridiculously **** for me lol.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Every single save I have he becomes my best player for some reason. Guess it's my tactic. At one save when I first got 15 and was testing my old tactics, I was almost out of top 4 and Ox saved me with 16 goals.

Welbeck for some reason is the guy others get ridiculous numbers from, but I can never get more than like 6 goals from him in a season. He's ridiculously **** for me lol.
To be fair I've never actually taken control of Arsenal from the begining, had a couple of games where I've applied and got the job so you can imagine what Ox is like after a few seasons of **** ai training. Still though never got his attributes up much in 14, going to start a fresh game and see how I do with him.

Having a look at the youngsters I'm really going to have to overexpose Bellerin because of his shocking mental attributes. Coquelin looks like a bit of a reck though with his low positioning which is a shame, always able to become a top DM in the older games but now he's finally made it it looks like he's been nerfed!

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

To be fair I've never actually taken control of Arsenal from the begining, had a couple of games where I've applied and got the job so you can imagine what Ox is like after a few seasons of **** ai training. Still though never got his attributes up much in 14, going to start a fresh game and see how I do with him.

Having a look at the youngsters I'm really going to have to overexpose Bellerin because of his shocking mental attributes. Coquelin looks like a bit of a reck though with his low positioning which is a shame, always able to become a top DM in the older games but now he's finally made it it looks like he's been nerfed!
Yeah mate that does it then. Theo is quite injury prone so I always find myself giving Ox a run in and then he never looks back. To be fair, I always use a transfer db update as well from a third party FM site. I think FM can be shocking with it's ratings and it's nice to tweak some of it while getting up to date manager/transfers. If you know how to work the FM editor, I would recommend that before a save as well just tweaking guys like Coq/Bellerin/Monreal and raising a few attributes.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Yeah mate that does it then. Theo is quite injury prone so I always find myself giving Ox a run in and then he never looks back. To be fair, I always use a transfer db update as well from a third party FM site. I think FM can be shocking with it's ratings and it's nice to tweak some of it while getting up to date manager/transfers. If you know how to work the FM editor, I would recommend that before a save as well just tweaking guys like Coq/Bellerin/Monreal and raising a few attributes.
I can't do that mate has to be vanilla FM for me or nothing. I'm limiting myslef to homegrown players as well like I always do with top teams to make it a challenge. Thinking of getting Targett in as LB, never seen him develope under ai but think I could get a lot out of him. Garbutt is another option I've had him before develops a Baines like left peg.

What sort of training do you give Ox? He's playing well for me so far got him on inside foward training.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I can't do that mate has to be vanilla FM for me or nothing. I'm limiting myslef to homegrown players as well like I always do with top teams to make it a challenge. Thinking of getting Targett in as LB, never seen him develope under ai but think I could get a lot out of him. Garbutt is another option I've had him before develops a Baines like left peg.

What sort of training do you give Ox? He's playing well for me so far got him on inside foward training.
I start off for 2-3 months, Ox on Wide playmaker general heavy training which boosts his attributes coupled with playing time. After I notice a bit of a bump, I switch him to mainly crossing/dribbling/finishing/strength as I try and mould his individual attribute training better (also on heavy). I got his crossing up from 13 to 16 and then I switch it up and focus on other areas that I know are important for that flank.

Yeah I can appreciate that, however in my saves in FM 15 only have been really weird, you'll see a player like Ramsey go from 4 star to 2.5 in a few months. I find myself a couple years in with maybe 5 world class players in my whole game only which is depressing. I also preferred scouting/transfer from the previous FM, don't really like this one that much tbh. But I start off a few seasons developing the youngsters at Arsenal, turn Wilshere/Ramsey into bonafide starters, make a few signings go for CL/prem, once I do that I make a challenge to phase out any non Arsenal trainee and solely focus on developing from inside the club which can be quite fun.

P.S. if you're going HG route look at James Ward-Prowse, Jordon Ibe, Will Hughes, Raheem Sterling, all practically guaranteed top players if trained correctly. JWP can become a world class mid if trained properly.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I start off for 2-3 months, Ox on Wide playmaker general heavy training which boosts his attributes coupled with playing time. After I notice a bit of a bump, I switch him to mainly crossing/dribbling/finishing/strength as I try and mould his individual attribute training better (also on heavy). I got his crossing up from 13 to 16 and then I switch it up and focus on other areas that I know are important for that flank.

Yeah I can appreciate that, however in my saves in FM 15 only have been really weird, you'll see a player like Ramsey go from 4 star to 2.5 in a few months. I find myself a couple years in with maybe 5 world class players in my whole game only which is depressing. I also preferred scouting/transfer from the previous FM, don't really like this one that much tbh. But I start off a few seasons developing the youngsters at Arsenal, turn Wilshere/Ramsey into bonafide starters, make a few signings go for CL/prem, once I do that I make a challenge to phase out any non Arsenal trainee and solely focus on developing from inside the club which can be quite fun.

P.S. if you're going HG route look at James Ward-Prowse, Jordon Ibe, Will Hughes, Raheem Sterling, all practically guaranteed top players if trained correctly. JWP can become a world class mid if trained properly.

Yeah I've had Ward-Prowse as a world beater in an old southampton save, top player. I did actually get Hughes on this save and I decided to do something a bit different with him, going to try and develope him into a DM.

Don't like these games... As soon as you know players potenital -1 to -10 or 0-200 it just boring trying to coach players and stuff like that. Can't believe they haven't change the system yet.

BobP

Memri Fan
Pathetic piece of ****ing ****.

I play this hoping it would be some sort of escape from the scripted nonsense that is perpetually served up by EA when as a matter of fact both games are simply two sides of the same coin.

I start my first save with Gladbach first league game is against Freiburg, absolutely dominate opening proceedings and then Mehmedi scored a fluke header and then I proceed to dominate the rest of the game and end up failing to score until the 80th minute whereupon I fail to even go on and win the game. Freiburg didn't get a sniff for the rest of the game.

Second game is against Paderborn, easy game you say? Not according to FM. Max Kruse opens the scoring after I dominated the first half, Paderborn score after Alvaro Dominguez gifts them the ball on the halfway line. I then proceed to dominate the game until the ball is sent back to Sommer who when kicking the ball back out hits a Paderborn player resulting in the ball ricocheting back into the net. Paderborn did **** all with the exception of those two goals.

My team has an inability to finish as well.

Extreme footballing situations are played out in every ****ing match like it's the norm, in an effort to look realistic. It's not realistic you ****ing ****s it's a ****ing mindfuck.

Top Bottom