• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calypso_Boy

the type of player we should be signing, perfect technical ability already very good mentally and physically just needs to iron out his defensive aspect of his game and we have a winner.

For 20m euros it's a no brainer tbh

Really a world class talent. Bigger talent than De Bruyne or Lukaku ever were at the same age, he has no significant weaknesses. Buy him now for +/- 16M £, loan him out for 1-2 seasons and he will be squad ready. In the worst case scenario he isn't and you will still be able to sell him for a profitable price.

senna

Agree I'd pay upto £20m + add ons for him. He is exactly the type of deep lying playmaker we need for this team - to play with a DM in tough away games and to play with Ramsey when we need to dictate tempo against teams who park the bus.

Think Anderlecht may have a tie up with chelsea so not sure if the get first option on their players.

Think Anderlecht may have a tie up with chelsea so not sure if the get first option on their players.
Yes and no. They have had some good bussiness together (Lukaku for 16M and Marin on a loan last season). But there's also a sour taste about Chelsea transfer dealings at Anderlecht. They scooped Charly Musonda, they're most promising talent in of the youth teams, after an entire saga with Charly's dad who literally was demanding Anderlecht to give his relatives jobs at the club and to buy him cars, houses,... threatening to leave for Chelsea who were offering the dad loads of €. They also had some failed loan attempts for De Bruyne and Thorgan Hazard because Anderlecht was not attractive enough to boost their market value.

So they obviously know each other because they had some dealings together in the recent past. But I highly doubt Chelsea will be given a first choice option on any squad player.

Emin-

There are some great talents at Anderlecht this year. There is Praet, won the ' gouden schoen ' award ( best player of the calendar year ). Tielemans and Dendoncker. All promising but the best fit would be Youri. Massive talent and very down to earth.

vP3rcy

I don't want this to happen. When Ramsey and Wilshere are struggling for playing time in the centre and Zelalem/Crowley are coming through the youth ranks, why would we buy another CM?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't want this to happen. When Ramsey and Wilshere are struggling for playing time in the centre and Zelalem/Crowley are coming through the youth ranks, why would we buy another CM?
He's still very young sand his potential is off the charts, also he's more of an Arteta replacement.

GabeGooner

Tielemans is 17/18. He, like Zelalem and Crowley, won't be walking into the first team anytime soon. Buy him now at all costs, loan him out and watch his value go up. If in the future someone leaves, we have an instant option. If not, we can always move him on for a profit.

But to suggest we don't buy him because we already have good players is foolish. He's one of the most promising young players in the world. People wouldn't turn Pogba or Verratti down because of any of our current players.

senna

This. Also Zelalem and Crowley are more attack minded players they'll be tkaing the Özil/Ramsey/Midfielder on the wing type role.

Honestly believe Tielemans is good enough to start for us ahead of Coq/Arteta. If not defintely in rotation. If we plan to move for him we shoudl do it this summer as he'll defo go to the Euros next year & his price will rocket.

BobP

Memri Fan
Sign him, sign him, sign him.

I followed Pescara when Verratti first came onto the scene as I'm a big fan of Zeman and IIRC I wasn't on AM at the time but I thought to myself that we should absolutely be onto him.

Tielemans has shown how he's able to scrimmage with the best at CL level at the age of only 17.

We also have a dearth of options in our deepest midfield position, he's the type of player Wenger loves.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Don't we have Bielik for that kind of role? Think 16m's a bit excessive. I'd much rather that money went towards a striker backup...

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Why? We already have a 17 yo project. I know Wenger has a history of splurging on youth, but I wish for once he'd curb his instincts.
We must use all our resources towards a title hunt this season, IMO. We might never get a better chance to win it with Utd, City unconvincing and Chelsea not building onto their success(yet)..

fenxx

Can see this happening, Wenger is most likely going to start Coquelin alongside Santi or Ramsey in the middle, and have Arteta come off the bench when needed.

Tielemans wouldn't be challenging for a start till next season when Arteta most likely leaves, but at the same time getting game time here every once in a while. I never seen him but if he's as good as everyone says - if he's good enough, he's old enough

Can come into the squad like Chambers is.

senna

Don't we have Bielik for that kind of role? Think 16m's a bit excessive. I'd much rather that money went towards a striker backup...

Bielek is WIP - it will take him at best 2-3 years before he is considered starting material. Tielemans will start now, he has shown he is special playing in the CL. The guy reminds me of a young Pirlo but with more athleticism - has composure, fantastic passing range, vision, intelligence, just needs to learn the tactical side and you have possibly the best deep lying midfielder for the way Wenger wants us to play. The mroe I think about it, the more I dont understand why we havent signed him yet.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Bielek is WIP - it will take him at best 2-3 years before he is considered starting material. Tielemans will start now, he has shown he is special playing in the CL. The guy reminds me of a young Pirlo but with more athleticism - has composure, fantastic passing range, vision, intelligence, just needs to learn the tactical side and you have possibly the best deep lying midfielder for the way Wenger wants us to play. The mroe I think about it, the more I dont understand why we havent signed him yet.
Tielemans isn't going to start..even Pirlo took 22-23 to become a regular starter for a top team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom