• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
This awkward power forward pretending to be a footballer cost Campbell his dream Arsenal career.

I really feel sorry for Campbell as he's absolutely more than good enough to play for us, but was never given a fair shot at it. Who's to say we're not going to do the same thing to Wellington Silva?

vP3rcy

Sanogo definitely was given more opportunities than Campbell. Don't forget Sanogo started quite a few games for us. Even in the CL against Bayern for example. Campbell only got a few cup games (2?) and a couple of substitute appearances that generally lasted about 5 minutes if I recall correctly..

I wish there was more of an opportunity here for Campbell and also Silva. As it stand, though, they will be the next Carlos Vela's. Perfectly capable players but they just won't get a shot. Not with Wenger playing Walcott, Welbeck, Wilshere, Ramsey and maybe even Özil, Rosicky and Cazorla out wide if need be. And then there's Alexis who will always play on the left and Ox who will have a bright future on our right-wing. There's just no room.

On the topic of Sanogo; no room for him either. We have Walcott, Giroud and Welbeck. I'd either loan him out or sell him. If either Sanogo or Akpom prove themselves by the time we need a backup striker then they could be useful. As it stands, though, the squad is fine in terms of depth.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Just find it really strange wenger gives player's like Gervinho, Denilson, and sanogo all the chances in the world, but Campbell who lit it up during the world cup such limited look ins don't get it at all....

Nemetoss

Sanogo was played as striker,Campbell was played on the wings.If anybody reduced his game time it would be Sanchez.The guy didn't do enough in training to impress,it's no use blaming others.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Campbell isn't good enough, his WC displays were overrated too bar the first game Faded after from what I remember. We simply have too many superior players in his position.

Sanogo is complete cack but Giroud was the only legitimate player in that position in the squad, hence he got games. IIRC Bendtner also got minutes at CF in 13/14 & Theo was crocked for half so it's safe to say Wenger left us short at CF and we played some duds.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Knew he was never gonna make it and to this day I am still FURIOUS we were unable to sign the actual wortwhile, talented Yaya.

Mod Edit: removed a tasteless pun.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Both players are crap and shouldn't be anywhere near Arsenal. Sanogo was a punt Wenger took and it hasn't worked out. He has the physical attributes but his ability with the ball is shocking. As for Campbell, he had one good game at the World Cup followed by an ok one and then he did **** all, which is also what he did on loan last season. There's no room for them in the squad and i'd sooner give youngsters like Gnabry/Akpom a chance than the two mentioned in this thread.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Campbell was vastly over rated because of a good world cup and a good goal against United. I'm always wary of world cup stars after seeing players like Diouf steal a living off the back of a 4 week tournament.

If a player is performing well week in week out and has a strong world cup fair enough, Campbell wasn't doing, that his goal record was poor for his clubs.

Plutarch

I'll be surprised if Wenger gives up on Sanogo right now, though if he's not going on the tour, maybe that's happening. Sanogo is a very good athlete and he's played well for the France u21 side. Also he's looked pretty crap, I admit. Even so, I think he might develop into a good striker.

Danskin

Established Member
Wenger is not giving up on Sanogo. I think he still seems something in him and let's not forget Wenger started him in some of the biggest matches we had two seasons ago. He wouldn't have done that if he didn't see something special in him - we just don't see what it is!

Pies

Yeah completely goes against the Arsène ethos to have completely given up on Sanogo at this stage. Likely moving him on for some development elsewhere for awhile and then re-examine the situation at a latter date.

Likely a positive move as he is not ready for us, thus leaving the door open for another space up top. We'll see.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah completely goes against the Arsène ethos to have completely given up on Sanogo at this stage. Likely moving him on for some development elsewhere for awhile and then re-examine the situation at a latter date.

Likely a positive move as he is not ready for us, thus leaving the door open for another space up top. We'll see.
If he is doing this it is a positive move ,shows we are changing from good young players getting development time with us to good young players can develop at the expense of another clubs points.

Nemetoss

Sanogo is Wenger's personal project.He couldn't find any good target men in the market and decided to make his own.

ScotVieira

Established Member
I'll be surprised if Sango eventually makes it here. He always looks extremely clumsy, even worse that Adebayo

fenxx

didn't realize he was 22 - i thought he was 19-20. I think he should be sold, but if Wenger does keep him I think at best he will have a Kanu type of stats and impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom