• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your All Time Arsenal XI

Gervais

Established Member
Is Kenny Sansom under rated? Before my time, but you hear people in the game talk about him as one of the great English fullbacks.

Maybe doesn't have the profile or status as he played just before the football boom.
Before this generations time.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Is Kenny Sansom under rated? Before my time, but you hear people in the game talk about him as one of the great English fullbacks.

Maybe doesn't have the profile or status as he played just before the football boom.

Good call. Mostly saw him in a football magazine in the 80's . Never watch him play in live game due to limited access to football at that moment.

BobP

Memri Fan
Why is Sanchez even in there.

I love him but he's only had one great season with us.

I prefer Freddie in there.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

C Preedy, T Parker, E Hapgood, C Jones, H Roberts, A Haynes, J Hulme, D Jack, J Lambert, A James, C Bastin.

arsenalarchive2-500x385.jpg

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Sanchez is a monster. Lives and breathes football. Sentiment aside is a few levels above Ljungberg who you couldn't fault for effort either.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Sanchez is a laughable inclusion imo. A mockery of players who have contributed a lot to Arsenal FC.

Wouldn't consider Sanchez until he has a few seasons here at least.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It's a joke really.

If Fabregas makes it, then why doesn't someone like Rvp as well? He was miles better than Sanchez. Put him on the wing, he played there a lot.

If it's about one season, then only Henry tops Rvp 11/12, so by this Sanchez logic, Rvp should be ahead of Bergkamp.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sanchez is a laughable inclusion imo. A mockery of players who have contributed a lot to Arsenal FC.

Wouldn't consider Sanchez until he has a few seasons here at least.
Tbf, it's ludicrous to claim Sanchez's inclusion is 'laughable'. This isn't a nostalgia XI we're all trying to pick here.

I loved Freddie, obviously, but comparing him to Sanchez on ability, which is meant to be the criteria, would be scandalous lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
I thought this was a Arsenal team based on the best players, not how long they've been here. If Alexis continues at the same level on the wing he'll be remembered as best seen in that position if he isn't already. Only Pirès and Overmars comes close as wide men

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's a joke really.

If Fabregas makes it, then why doesn't someone like Rvp as well?

Really? Does that need explaining? How about because Cesc was arguably Arsenals greatest ever creative midfielder, and RvP wasn't better than Henry? It's really not as complicated you're trying to make it.

He was miles better than Sanchez. Put him on the wing, he played there a lot.

He was **** on the wing. The End.

If it's about one season, then only Henry tops Rvp 11/12, so by this Sanchez logic, Rvp should be ahead of Bergkamp.

Your logic needs to go straight in the bin.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I thought this was a Arsenal team based on the best players, not how long they've been here. If Alexis continues at the same level on the wing he'll be remembered as best seen in that position if he isn't already. Only Pirès and Overmars comes close as wide men
OP says pick the team with your favourite players. Why you include them is up to you. It could simply be their ability or it could be the influence they have had on Arsenal.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Tbf, it's ludicrous to claim Sanchez's inclusion is 'laughable'. This isn't a nostalgia XI we're all trying to pick here.

I loved Freddie, obviously, but comparing him to Sanchez on ability, which is meant to be the criteria, would be scandalous lol

The criteria isn't on ability as far as I'm aware, I don't think including Sanchez is laughable either but Overmars and Ljunberg are both fair shouts.

GDeep™

League is very weak
OK, I don't know how I forget him but - Marc Overmars.

So -

Seaman
Dixon, Adams, Campbell, Cole
Pires, Vieira, Cesc, Overmars
Bergkamp, Henry

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nah mate, the OP clearly directs you to pick the players who you thought were the best, or words to that effect.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sanchez is better than Overmars and Ljunberg and will go on to do more here, personally.

But for nostalgic reasons, and the impact he had, I have to pick Overmars.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If it was about nostalgia or my personal favs for whatever reasons, Eboue, Wright, Winterburn, Bould, Rocastle, Michael Thomas, Limpar etc would all be there. The lovable rogues and cult heroes.

Top Bottom