• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,865

Danskin

Established Member
Zelalem, Toral, Iwobi, Willock and Hayden also in the U21 photo. Akpom isn't, which hints at first-team progression.

Coming from Jeorge Bird.

tim08

It has been noted on here before, but it is a real shame and a bit worrying that we don't have many defensive prospects at youth level. We have a plethora of more attack minded players such as Crowley, Zelalem, AMN, Akpom, Willock, Iwobi, the two French lads from Lens and even Reiss Nelson, who I think will be a name we will start to hear a lot more about from next season.

But defensively the only player I'm excited about is Pleguezeulo. he is short for a CB but makes up for it in his speed, reading of play, tenacity, positioning and the fact he is technically brilliant - not surprising considering he was educated at La Masia.

Kris Da Graca was a CB that recently joined with huge promise, but he was incredibly disappointing last year. For a lad well over 6ft he is pretty easy to push off the ball and his positioning and decision making was awful. But he is another who is technically very good on the ball, and that will certainly hold him in good stead considering our philosophy and way of play etc. Although I wouldn't write him off completely just yet, he certainly has a lot of raw ingredients he just needs them honed. Alex Song once looked a million miles from Arsenal material as a 17 year old, yet he turned out a half decent player.

Apart from Kostas Pileas (Greek CB who was on trial last year) I am quite surprised we have not added to our defence over the summer, but as with the first team there is still time yet!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Where's Hayden & we have Beilik (if he's still alive). Hey let Chelsea develop all the defensive young uns and we develop all the attacking ones then we can switch later on. They never use their young stars so we might as well let them develop them as they do defense better than us and then buy them when they're about 21. The attacking side of the game is more difficult and I guess you can sell them for more also....maybe??

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Kris Da Graca was a CB that recently joined with huge promise, but he was incredibly disappointing last year. For a lad well over 6ft he is pretty easy to push off the ball and his positioning and decision making was awful. But he is another who is technically very good on the ball, and that will certainly hold him in good stead considering our philosophy and way of play etc. Although I wouldn't write him off completely just yet, he certainly has a lot of raw ingredients he just needs them honed. Alex Song once looked a million miles from Arsenal material as a 17 year old, yet he turned out a half decent player.

I have my fingers crossed for Da Graca, mostly because he's the only Swedish prospect left at the club at the moment. (we used to have 3 a couple of years ago)

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Bielik looks great physically, especially for a 17 year old. Probably best for him to get a loan, so he will play men instead of boys.

Top Bottom