• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets- Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danskin

Established Member
Mod edit:
Club Director Lord Harris has stated that Wenger has a top CF in he wants to sign but that it will be hard to convince his club to sell him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...r-Arsène-wenger-break-transfer-record-striker

Discuss this here please, until we know who it actually is.

Lads, Lord Harris just dropped that bomb. Let's talk about that. :p

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

• Player is a striker
  • He wants to come here
  • Selling club needs pursuading
  • Selling club want a 'superstar' to replace him

Benzema, surely.

12TimeWinners

Not signing another outfielder? Typical arsenal. I won't be sad when we're out of the title race by Christmas because I would of expected it
No chap, I think the way to read it is 'not signing any old outfielder', he has his eyes set on something big. Özil/Sanchez/Cech big...Have faith

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Well sounds like he's got a target and its big. And sounds like we might have work all summer to make it happen.
I don't whether to be optimistic or annoyed after reading that article tbh! lol Saying we could go into the market and buy any player in the world, bar half a dozen.. Doubt that half a dozen includes Lewa and Benzema..? Get it done Arsène.

"You’ve got to get the other team to want to sell him, but I think he wants to come. It basically comes down to whether the other team can find a superstar to replace him, because they don’t have to sell."

It's Reus and Benzema..I knew it!

This_is_Highbury

Actually, Cross is saying we've done our business unless something changes and we get a call back on some top player.

I'm not happy about no out field signings, why does Wenger always do this?

He is basically saying the same thing Wenger said a couple of days ago: If we get the opportunity to buy an exceptional talent (obviously a striker) we will try to do it.

blaze_of_glory

Don't see why you guys are being so pessimistic. We've just learned from a legit source in the club that Wenger is indeed after a striker, and one that will likely require our transfer record to be broken to get. Can't say that's not ambitious.

After the players we landed last two summers I think this news is extremely exciting.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He is basically saying the same thing Wenger said a couple of days ago: If we get the opportunity to buy an exceptional talent (obviously a striker) we will try to do it.

And if you don't get Benzema, then what? Sign no one and try again next summer? When a decent guy alongside Giroud probably gets you in a title chase.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don't see why you guys are being so pessimistic. We've just learned from a legit source in the club that Wenger is indeed after a striker, and one that will likely require our transfer record to be broken to get. Can't say that's not ambitious.

After the players we landed last two summers I think this news is extremely exciting.

We know we'll sign Benzema if he's available, but what if he's not? Wait till next summer?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why would Harris give this interview now though? Madrid will just ask for more money, unless a price is agreed. :eek::eek:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
And if you don't get Benzema, then what? Sign no one and try again next summer? When a decent guy alongside Giroud probably gets you in a title chase.

Well, hopefully we have a back-up option. Doubt that option is Lewa but hope there's someone else in the pipeline.

em9999

My rainbows
Any truth in the rumour that welbeck may be sold to Besiktas ? That Wenger didn't want him permently in the 1st place only on loan until a suitable giroud replacement became available

blaze_of_glory

We know we'll sign Benzema if he's available, but what if he's not? Wait till next summer?
I have no idea what will happen.

My own sense is still that we're in for both a striker and a midfielder. Don't think any of these journos have the real scoop on what we're doing, they very rarely do until the deals are almost done. Problem as ever though, and as you know, is that Wenger won't compromise on the players. He'll have his shortlist and if they can't be had then he won't make a move.

GDeep™

League is very weak

He's talking about Benzema though, and we've heard again today he wants to stay at Real.

blaze_of_glory

He's talking about Benzema though, and we've heard again today he wants to stay at Real.
We seem to have two competing narratives emerging on that. This guy seems to suggest that they have reason to believe he does want to come, with the agent apparently saying he doesn't want to.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom