• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Smart kid, have been impressed with him so far.

As for him breaking into the team, I doubt. Does not have enough composure just ye. Would be surprised him featuring anywhere for the first team, other than training photos.

12TimeWinners

I find it odd that Le Boss is ruling out a loan for him. I think there'd be a few clubs looking at him as an impact sub.
Great to add him on the list with Gnabry and perhaps Wellington as young wingers with big potential.
The cream will rise! Well done lad

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Unless Gnabry goes on loan then this doesn't make sense for me. Gnabry is much more talented, so unless Iwobi is viewed as a potential CF then I don't see where he would get game time? Then again maybe Wenger feels Iwobi needs to continue playing at u21 level for one more season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Impressed me against Malaysia XI and of course today too. Think he has a future here.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Iwobi can probably still learn a lot from simply training with, and generally being around, the first team.

Triniboy

A few years ago our Carling cup squads used to compose of a lot of younger players. I'm hoping we go back to that system albeit with a couple experienced players as well. Could see Iwobi,Adelaide,Akpom etc being in carling cup squads from now.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
A few years ago our Carling cup squads used to compose of a lot of younger players. I'm hoping we go back to that system albeit with a couple experienced players as well. Could see Iwobi,Adelaide,Akpom etc being in carling cup squads from now.
Hopefully we actually get past the first round this time though, so we can see more of them!

But yeah, i really like the look of this guy. Got the physique for the EPL too. Thing is though, with these talented youngsters coming through, they have to be really special to be able to break into the squad we're building now. Hopefully they can really kick on. I've still got high hopes for Gnabry too.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems a good young player, could make it here as a squad player.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Agreed but I liked the way he didn't seem over awed. Cool, mature finish as well
Reminded me of Zelalem in that respect, but yeah still way to early for him. I'd guess Wenger would prefer him to train here and play first team in the reserves rather than train somehwhere with worse facilities and not getting first team football.

Triniboy

@RandyMarsh Yes it will be hard to break through, but I'm sure Wenger knows that, maybe he is planning seasons ahead?You can see that the club are very serious about providing more players to our squad internally. Also with Theo's contract still not renewed, I think Wenger is showing Theo that we have hungry kids with talent ready to bite at the oppurtunity to play.

TheCourier

@RandyMarsh Yes it will be hard to break through, but I'm sure Wenger knows that, maybe he is planning seasons ahead?You can see that the club are very serious about providing more players to our squad internally. Also with Theo's contract still not renewed, I think Wenger is showing Theo that we have hungry kids with talent ready to bite at the oppurtunity to play.

I think some players that Arsène has loaned out recently have not been played and therefore have wasted a year away from the club for nothing. They would get better exp training with the first team week in week out than that. That's the difficulty with picking the best route for these young talents to grow.

Triniboy

@TheCourier Yeah it is hard to choose, but training with the first team plus and games in the carling cup is a good start to the season. I rather them train with us and learn our ways tbh. You could see in Iwobi's interview how much he has learned from playing with Özil etc. Must do loads to your confidence.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Unlike at other clubs its hard to see even good kids breakthrough, you're competing with Welbeck, Ox, Theo, Jack etc just to make the bench.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The COC should be a good watch this season, Martinez, Hayden, Zelalem, Bielik, Crowley, Iwobi, Akpom and of course Jeff could all get some games.

Reckon Gnabry will go out on loan.

a_fourteen

Established Member
He's Okocha's nephew. Lol...where are his step overs, feigns, rabonas etc. He's letting down the family name with this flash less performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom