• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,080

tim08

Yeah Hayden has really stalled due to having a long injury last season. It also doesn't help that he's also rather stuck between two positions. He seems himself as a DM whereas I think the club saw him as more of a ball playing CB. Even so I don't think he has the required quality to make it here, and his injury and lack of a successful loan has made it even harder. Hopefully he gets a good loan next year, perhaps in League one.

I think Bielik has great potential and certainly has the physicality considering his tender age, however he still has a lot to learn, those that have seen him live remarked he is prone to being a bit casual with possession and has concentration issues - but its all to be expected with a 17yr old kid in a new country etc. Certainly has talent!

Fingers crossed that Da Graca has had a productive pre-season and looks a bit more like the player we thought we were going to get, we certainly need a bit of quality in defence as some of defending last year at youth level was comical.

akhil

Hayden looked decent when he came on today. Pity he had a big injury last season, puts him in a weird position. Stay and be potentially 3rd choice DM, or get loan move and get as much first team experience.

I don't trust Arteta in a run of games if Coquelin suffers an mid to long term injury. Kid looks to have added a yard as well.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@MutableEarth

Out of these, who do you think will go out on loan?

Hayden
Zelalem
Bielik
Gnabry
Akpom

Would personally send them all out, think they need first team football.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hayden looked decent when he came on today. Pity he had a big injury last season, puts him in a weird position. Stay and be potentially 3rd choice DM, or get loan move and get as much first team experience.

I don't trust Arteta in a run of games if Coquelin suffers an mid to long term injury. Kid looks to have added a yard as well.
Hayden intrigues me. He is the kind of player who has always struck me as potential captain material (perhaps with another team even) with his intelligence and tactical nous. He's rash occasionally, but he is usually composed on the ball and very smart off it. I wouldn't put it past him to stake a claim for himself but as good as he looked today, I expect a loan for him.

@MutableEarth

Out of these, who do you think will go out on loan?

Hayden
Zelalem
Bielik
Gnabry
Akpom

Would personally send them all out, think they need first team football.

I think all except Akpom initially. I would probably send all of them out too.

Gnabry needs to regain some experience, and Zelalem needs to test himself at a higher level. He will be forced to impose himself at pro level. Hayden needs a run in first team football, but I actually think he will be the one who impresses the most if given a run in somewhere like the Championship.

Bielik is still largely an unknown, he looks promising though when I've seen him, and it may be that Wenger keeps him and plays him at U21 for the first 6 months or so before loaning him.

Akpom, is the tricky one, because for a window of time, he will probably be on the bench while Welbeck deals with injury. He might not have looked his best of late, but he still has an opportunity to get minutes and possibly still score, better still that that opportunity may come in the league. He will probably go on loan later in the season.

akhil

@MutableEarth Yep, I thought Hayden would the first one to break into the team out of Bellerin, Akpom and co. He's very smart for a young player, even though he's well built, his game was never about physically dominating the opposition, just thorough reading and positioning. The year before his injury, he'd improved his passing a fair bit as well.

Guy seemed primed considering our DM situation over the past couple of years with Arteta declining and Flamini being rubbish. Coquelin's resurgence has put him in a weird position. Now, we have that Polish kid in the same position who we've spent a decent amount of money on.

Gnabry and Zelalem need loans for sure, Zelalem outside of England ideally, the lower leagues would eat him up physically.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth Yep, I thought Hayden would the first one to break into the team out of Bellerin, Akpom and co. He's very smart for a young player, even though he's well built, his game was never about physically dominating the opposition, just thorough reading and positioning. The year before his injury, he'd improved his passing a fair bit as well.

Guy seemed primed considering our DM situation over the past couple of years with Arteta declining and Flamini being rubbish. Coquelin's resurgence has put him in a weird position. Now, we have that Polish kid in the same position who we've spent a decent amount of money on.

Gnabry and Zelalem need loans for sure, Zelalem outside of England ideally, the lower leagues would eat him up physically.
Well if Wenger doesn't buy, then a DM spot is definitely up for grabs. Flamini seems to be leaving and Arteta isn't going to be around that much longer. Hayden has as much a chance of getting a spot as young Bielik. He's still relatively young enough to do very well too. Bielik may yet turn out to be a dud, but for all intents and purposes, he does look very promising. We will see.

Zelalem in the Championship - that'd be interesting loool.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

^ Beat me too it.

Hayden, I'm not impressed, seems very stiff when he's on the ball and really seems to lack the confidence to make the right pass, countless times I saw him making a back or easy side pass instead of taking a few more dribbles or making a forward pass.

Also, seems like we dropped the ball on Kyle Ebecilio, looking like a fantastic player. Shame we let him go.

chessygoal

This thread is going to be one to watch this season, looking forward to see how they progress : Crowley, Bielik, Jeff, Fortune and whoever stays with them(Gnabry, Zelalem, Iwobi, Akpom, Maitland Niles)

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

^Yes, there's so much talent it is exciting, let alone guys like the Ox who might be on the cusp of becoming a world beater, Ive got a feeling this is the season it clicks for a few of our players.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Reckon Jeff will be sent on loan for the 16/17 season to a prem team, then he'll come back and be a starter for us, like Jack.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Donyell Malen confirms he’s completed Arsenal transfer with Instagram photo
malen.jpg

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/29/donye...senal-transfer-with-instagram-photo-5317147/?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Is that Mino Raiola? Wow, this kid must be highly thought of.

Apparently it is - I've seen numerous people state their surprised Arsenal are are signing one of his clients. Why is that? whats the story behind? Is he another Jorge Mendes type of character?

a_fourteen

Established Member
Apparently it is - I've seen numerous people state their surprised Arsenal are are signing one of his clients. Why is that? whats the story behind? Is he another Jorge Mendes type of character?
Same league as Mendez. He represents Ibra, Pogba etc. If memory serves me right he was also Nasri's agent during the city transfer. He only deals with big names. If he's representing this kid he must be the pick of the litter.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom