• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye4goal

Established Member
Özil and Di Maria wanted big contracts at Madrid which they didn't get, and were happy to move in the end. Benzema already got that in his last contract which makes him the highest paid player after Bale and Cristiano.

You can maybe throw alot of money at Madrid, but do you see Wenger giving Benzema a bump on his £150 wages here? We'd have to do the same with Sanchez and possibly Özil in that case(probably bound to anyway after the Walcott deal)

djoeru

I'm not frustrated at all, we have no reason to sell benzema. We sold Özil because his attitude was awful to getting dropped to isco in the pre season. Ancelotti and Perez agreed that it was the best solution to get rid of him and of course they were proved correct. We went on to win the champions league the season we sold Özil. Özil was a fantastic player for us but his poor defensive ability cost us in the latter stages of the champions league.

True, but by that logic, you should never have sold the likes of Sneijder, Robben, Makelele etc. either. And yet you did.

If it was another club we wouldn't have that much hope. With Real Madrid anything can happen, a manager can wins you la liga and still be fired at the end of the season (Capello) or la decima and be fired as well (Ancelotti).

Not to mention the Morata fiasco...

Real Madrid ≠ Logic

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
If this turns out to be true and Man City end up with Benzema I'm gonna frelling lose it

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'm not frustrated at all, we have no reason to sell benzema. We sold Özil because his attitude was awful to getting dropped to isco in the pre season. Ancelotti and Perez agreed that it was the best solution to get rid of him and of course they were proved correct. We went on to win the champions league the season we sold Özil. Özil was a fantastic player for us but his poor defensive ability cost us in the latter stages of the champions league.

I don't see how Özil's defending could've hindered your team? He always played with 2 deep sitting players behind him. Alonso, Modric, Khedira, etc all did the defending, even Coentrao played DM sometimes. As far as doing his job Özil did his to perfection, in his last season with you he bagged 26 assists.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Assists mean very little in football, Hazard got one for a fluke goal yesterday. Put any random player in a foward role at Madrid and they'd rack them up.

This_is_Highbury

If Giroud intend to continue to play the way he did today i have to say that we definitely need a new striker. Awful Arsenal-performance and two very costly mistakes from Ox and Cech. It should only get better from now. :( But on the bright side: We are only one point behind Chelsea. Yes, i am trying to be positive in a childish and naive way.

TheCourier

If Giroud intend to continue to play the way he did today i have to say that we definitely need a new striker. Awful Arsenal-performance and two very costly mistakes from Ox and Cech. It should only get better from now. :( But on the bright side: We are only one point behind Chelsea. Yes, i am trying to be positive in a childish and naive way.

Giroud wasn't responsible for the complete failure by our midfield to turn up and simply pass today. Plus cech making two of the worst keeper gaffs I've seen in well since szes was in our goals.

This_is_Highbury

Giroud wasn't responsible for the complete failure by our midfield to turn up and simply pass today. Plus cech making two of the worst keeper gaffs I've seen in well since szes was in our goals.

I did not say that he is responsible, as a matter of fact i blame the team-performance instead of specific players. But he was far from his best today.

Bashii

Hope Karim didnt watch this game haha.
Bv3LOchCAAAFp68.jpg

Karim's plane to London right now!

TheCourier

I did not say that he is responsible, as a matter of fact i blame the team-performance instead of specific players. But he was far from his best today.

No mate but he can do little when they are completely unable to simply pass the ball up to him. Look at the pass completions by our mid today and that's where we lost this. Not by anything Giroud did. If you think Benz would have changed this fame you'd be wrong

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who's bothered about this now, honestly? Massive upgrade on Giroud but when we put in performances like we did today, what is Benzema giving us that'll change things?

We're a mess all over the place, I for one have had a major wake up call after that.

This_is_Highbury

Who's bothered about this now, honestly? Massive upgrade on Giroud but when we put in performances like we did today, what is Benzema giving us that'll change things?

We're a mess all over the place, I for one have had a major wake up call after that.

The performance was awful but i don´t think this is representative for us or anything like that.

Bashii

I think the arrival of Karim would give the rest of the squad a boost and give everyone a lift in the squad. (Apart from perhaps Theo and Giroud!)

There was a couple of occasions today where Giroud got the ball at his feet out wide and nobody made the effort to support him. This points at a lack of belief in him from the rest of the team. On both occasions Giroud put a decent ball into the box it has to be said though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom