• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

• Özil

• Ramsey

• Cazorla

Results are only viewable after voting.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Surprised how many voted for Ramsey. He's playing poor but a Coq, Santo, Özil midfield is very lightweight. We definitely can't fit all 3 in but we of course will as long as we can.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Ramsey for me - but therefore we need Alexis back. Walcott imo is just a luxury player useful in rare situations, to many weaknesses.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'd have Ramsey in there tbh, but not a truly top player. Dodgy on the ball. Top player tend not to be.

We'll be fine - thread will look laughable when we win the next 3/4 in a row before Chelsea do us at Stamford Bridge.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
I'd have Ramsey in there tbh, but not a truly top player. Dodgy on the ball. Top player tend not to be.

We'll be fine - thread will look laughable when we win the next 3/4 in a row before Chelsea do us at Stamford Bridge.

I really hope so.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Before Ox got injured, he and Sanchez were out starting wing pairing, I reckon that'll be the case again. We need Ramsey central.

Sannei

Wenger never ever learns. He makes mistakes, then you think he has learned and corrected them only to do it all over again. It's frustrating. All of this is not hard - play players where they are supposed to be and are good at, and no where else. If they can't fit them in, then bench them or sell to buy players who will fit in. Cazorla should play no where but at 10, most certainly not on our wings. Özil is a 10, Ramsey is a box-to box player.

Oh imo Cazorla is no where being the answer for a CM role. Coquelin-Cazorla I sincerely doubt is going to do anything for us long term. Ramsey is also not a winger for us. This has been going on for awhile now, but we keep muddling on. For a man who used to have a clear on what he wanted from an Arsenal team Wenger is all over the place with out CM and Wing options. We will win games but these problem won't allows us to permanently progress unless they are solved.

And that doesn't even take into account our strike options.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

Are you happy with the 3 guys starting in the same line up?

Now back to me

I'm still not opposed to all 3 playing with one of Ramsey/Cazorla out wide. Here is he dilemma AW faces

- Coquelin can't build from the back, his passing is average, that is where Cazorla playing central comes in handy. This issue with Cazorla central is it hampers Özil as they both drift into the same space.

- Ramsey central gives us more dynamism. He links up brilliantly with Özil and Giroud and has goals in like, like Lampard. The downside is, while he has a good range of passing, he's still a bit inconsistent/sloppy in possession. He's probably not as disciplined as Cazorla yet either.

Personally, i think goals from CM are invaluable so i'd like Ramsey to stay central.

fabo

6.51 / 10
If I was in charge of spending I would be buying a CM and playing Ramsey in a more advanced role in front of 2 CM's. 2 direct wingers(Sanchez and one of Theo/Ox) and Benzema up top.

I think we need the protection given our style and the full-backs who I have repeatedly said are a weakness despite having adequate numbers. Although Monreal is surprising me.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Voted Özil. Lad needs to stop being a luxury player. Starting to lose faith in him.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
First post! Has to be Ramsey who gets dropped. Özil can do something sensible, accurate with a football. Santi and Coq is the best central midfield partnership. Knew this was gonna happen when I read Ramsey's " I want to show what I can really do" comments. He needs to be Barca'd if he can't get back to reality.

sammy89

Looking at last seasons stats for all our so called playmakers, Cazorla is the only one who managed to get double figures for assists. Özil only managed a shocking FOUR assists in the league. I guess the rest of the time only those watching with 3d glasses could see his contribution. I vote for Özil to be dropped cause it seems to me that he's the unnecessary purchase that led to all this midfield confusion in the first place. Should honestly be Cazorla number 10, Coq and Ramsey/Wilshere. Özil is Cazorla's sub in a just world where glaring stats count for something.

GabeGooner

Ramsey has to go. He's too selfish a player to operate as the box-to-box CM in such a fluid team. All he wants to do is recapture the glory he had in 2014, and all he's doing is unbalancing the team by roaming wherever he likes regardless of how it'll impact upon the unit. And it really does impact on the unit – be it the RB when he's supposed to be on the RW and is closing down the ST, or the ACM/DM when he's supposed to be at CM and he's at CF.

If you look at Cazorla, his contribution at CM is to play into Özil and step up only when there's the opportunity to do so. Ramsey is often ahead of Özil trying to get on the end of Giroud's rebounds – something our wide players should be doing, not the CM. The CM should be a threat from distance, ready to recycle the ball back to the flank and help keep the pressure up – which is something Cazorla also does well.

It's just a mess right now. Shades of Lampard and Gerrard must play together for England at all costs. Absolute waste of time.

GabeGooner

I will keep focusing on Giroud. What does he bring to our play?
He holds up the ball and brings the entire midfield into the picture. But, he's only useful when we're counter-attacking, really. When we're surrounded by defenders, he doesn't have the qualities to move sharply and finish passes into his feet. He needs time to attack, and that'll only happen when he sees a winger going down the flank to cross the ball in (which we rarely ever do unless Chamberlain is at RW).

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey.
He's a decent player, but not good enough to play for a top 4 team.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
@BobP explained Ramsey issue in other topic...
He should play wide a lot still, to develop his game since playing central is where mistakes are dreadful.
Some games he will do better central of course, but ppl are way of who say he sucks on wings. Reminds me a lot of Ljungberg there. Key is to have a winger on the other side when Aaron is playing wide, since he will drift inside.

Therefor, all 3 of these can play together, but it depends who other 3 are around them.
stil, all of them should be benched at times of course.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom