• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenad

The main problem Arsenal has and will always will is one man Arsène Wenger i cant wait for him to go changes are very very important at some point at any institution - Barcelona had had Pep now Luis but quality group of players
anigif_enhanced-buzz-8008-1413322733-13.gif

Arnold7

Some people is laughing at ManU or spending a lot but without winning, but at least they are trying to compete, and this year they got good additions in weak positions. That's what we need to do, get in early preseason good players in our weak positions. Mainly DM to replace Arteta - Flam and WC striker.

Next transfer or year, we could get a LB and a CB, maybe a sub in CAM or winger.

The problem is we never address our weaknesses early in preseason, if we try, it is always once the damage is done

The problem is you have somebody standing on the way for not bringing in players Mr. Wenger he has too much power i cant imagine thats why he never bother try to go to Spain because those guys dont put up with BS with screwed up you are gonne!!

thierrytheking14

We already dropped 3 points. So now we are behind hopping the other teams lose. We needed only two players, but in preaseason, not once you are losing points.

Settle down. It's the first game of the season ffs. Chelsea dropped points at home to Swansea...its gonna happen this year. As has been pointed out, a lot of teams have spent big and brought quality in. There will be a lot of dropped points this year by all the 'top 4'.

We need to get our sh*t together and quickly, but let's not start worrying about any league tables and who's behind who just yet

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The problem is you have somebody standing on the way for not bringing in players Mr. Wenger he has too much power i cant imagine thats why he never bother try to go to Spain because those guys dont put up with BS with screwed up you are gonne!!

Wenger doesn't stand against bringing in players, he stands for bringing in the right players. Crucial difference.

How many transcendent footballers are out there right now? I'd say 2 that are good enough to win you games on their own. 10 years ago there were at least 5 or 6.

In my opinion there's been a decline of quality players, there aren't many now who are worth the sums quoted. There's a lot of fools gold out there in the market and I'm not sure we're in a position to be able to buy and write off expensive flops.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Settle down. It's the first game of the season ffs. Chelsea dropped points at home to Swansea...its gonna happen this year. As has been pointed out, a lot of teams have spent big and brought quality in. There will be a lot of dropped points this year by all the 'top 4'.

We need to get our sh*t together and quickly, but let's not start worrying about any league tables and who's behind who just yet
Very true. I forsee a low points tally if 72-78 points for the league leaders. Disappointing start but writing us off is silly.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
We lost opening one 2 seasons ago but were at very top of the table for a long long time (until Theo and Aaron went down injured)

Its not like someone tells you to pick when are you going to lose a game.

danlaw

Wenger doesn't stand against bringing in players, he stands for bringing in the right players. Crucial difference.

How many transcendent footballers are out there right now? I'd say 2 that are good enough to win you games on their own. 10 years ago there were at least 5 or 6.

In my opinion there's been a decline of quality players, there aren't many now who are worth the sums quoted. There's a lot of fools gold out there in the market and I'm not sure we're in a position to be able to buy and write off expensive flops.
You don't think Cabaye would have significantly improved us?
I feel insulted to see these silly excuses that Wenger and some fans keep giving. There are many players out there that can improve us but Wenger is too emotionally attached to his players to take important but ruthless decisions.

For instance everyone knows Giroud can't win us the league, that we need a better quality striker. Are we saying no striker is available? Martinez was practically begging to sign for Arsenal and he's better than Giroud! Benzema is better than Giroud...

There is also a certain Özil who has been off form since February last year after that penalty miss against Bayern Munich and Wenger keep playing him! The guy created no chance yesterday, he had no shot on target in open play and was pocketed by a 16 year old!

The problem is Wenger insists on doing things his own way, without heeding the good counsels of other people connected to the club. He disrespects everyone, including fans who invest money and emotions on the club. This is really unfair!

This_is_Highbury

This is getting ridicoulus. Yes, we lost the first game of the PL-season and yes, that is not a good thing. But it is only one game, there is still many games to be played.

We did not played like title contenders, i know that. I know that we wasn´t sharp enough, i know that we should have been more focused defensively and i know that very few players reached their top level (if any). But, once again, it was one game and i refuse to believe that it was representativ for us. We can and should do better, no doubt about that.

I like Giroud despite his performance yesterday but i am not against the idea that we should get a world class forward. But even with a world class forward in your team you will lose games. I think people should stop making conclusions about how much we suck based on one single game. Despite my anger over the loss i will wait a while before i make the conclusion that we will get a terrible season.

danlaw

This is getting ridicoulus. Yes, we lost the first game of the PL-season and yes, that is not a good thing. But it is only one game, there is still many games to be played.

We did not played like title contenders, i know that. I know that we wasn´t sharp enough, i know that we should have been more focused defensively and i know that very few players reached their top level (if any). But, once again, it was one game and i refuse to believe that it was representativ for us. We can and should do better, no doubt about that.

I like Giroud despite his performance yesterday but i am not against the idea that we should get a world class forward. But even with a world class forward in your team you will lose games. I think people should stop making conclusions about how much we suck based on one single game. Despite my anger over the loss i will wait a while before i make the conclusion that we will get a terrible season.
What will amount to a terrible season this season?

This_is_Highbury

What will amount to a terrible season this season?

A place outside the top4+No titles is a terrible season for me. With titles i do not talk about the league cup.

Anyway: Dean still seems to be confident about Benzema: https://twitter.com/DeanLDN22/status/630481663701684225 And why not? The guy has sources that knows that Benzema wants to live in Mill Hill. If this transfer does not happen, Dean´s reputition is gone forever.

Prawn Sandwich

You don't think Cabaye would have significantly improved us?
I feel insulted to see these silly excuses that Wenger and some fans keep giving. There are many players out there that can improve us but Wenger is too emotionally attached to his players to take important but ruthless decisions. For instance everyone knows Giroud can't win us the league, that we need a better quality striker. Are we saying no striker is available? Martinez was practically begging to sign for Arsenal and he's better than Giroud! Benzema is better than Giroud...

I think most thought he had built a squad that is fairly balanced and has good depth (the best depth we've had in many a year, I would say). The fact we are on the Benzema thread with plenty murmours of activity suggest we are actively trying to fill the last gaps in the squad, but that only high tier players will do. Cabaye would have been a good backup option for Coq but the player moved to get game time - he wants to be in the France 2016 squad and he couldn't guarentee a starting berth here.

Also, Wenger has been pretty ruthless with his goalkeepers of late. Szczes was benched last season, punted out this season and even the statistically fantastic Ospina has been moved down the pecking order to bring in Cech.

There is also a certain Özil who has been off form since February last year after that penalty miss against Bayern Munich and Wenger keep playing him! The guy created no chance yesterday, he had no shot on target in open play and was pocketed by a 16 year old!

I recall his form wasn't great after Bayern, the penalty no doubt took a lot out of him mentally but he came back the following season after winning the WC, building up his body during his extended time off through injury and eventually got back to getting games for Arsenal as a recharged player. Özil has been in good form since February THIS year.

The problem is Wenger insists on doing things his own way, without heeding the good counsels of other people connected to the club. He disrespects everyone, including fans who invest money and emotions on the club. This is really unfair!

It is frustrating to lose after all the hype of preseason, but be realistic. We have a very good squad, we may strengthen with Benzema! Even if we don't get him, a complete write-off of the season after one game is really unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom