• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The highs and lows of Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
always pushing teams forward, he is such an offensive force.
My grandfather absolutely loves this bloke, Everytime i watch Arsenal with him he can only speak about Ramsey.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I don't know what games you guys are watching if you think Ramsey's been poor. He was very good at Newcastle and tonight against Cyprus.
People dont watch games, they watch Excel files.
thats why players like Willian, Ramsey, Milner and Carrick are so underrated.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The only game he has been below par in was West Ham home. Every other match he's been one of the best on the pitch
One of the best on the pitch isn't saying much when we've been as poor as we have been in those games haha

I'm judging Ramsey by the high standards he's set over the past few years. And by that parameter he's been average. Playing him out of position constantly is hardly helping him though.

He runs around a lot. Yeah so does Jordan Henderson. But Ramsey needs to get the basics right first. His passing, first touch, decision making have all been off.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
One of the best on the pitch isn't saying much when we've been as poor as we have been in those games haha

I'm judging Ramsey by the high standards he's set over the past few years. And by that parameter he's been average. Playing him out of position constantly is hardly helping him though.

He runs around a lot. Yeah so does Jordan Henderson. But Ramsey needs to get the basics right first. His passing, first touch, decision making have all been off.

The team has not had a sustained collective top performance for 90 minutes yet this campaign but there have been patches within games when everybody is on song, which is to be expected so early on, and Ramsey has been pivotal in our good 'patches' within games. He was poor and nowhere to be seen against West Ham, At Crystal Palace he made a plethora of intelligent runs, showed great awareness, contributed in possession and put in a defensive shift, Liverpool at home he was unlucky as he scored a goal which was wrongly ruled out and I thought in the second half he was our best player but did isolate his defensive duties in the first half which generated some imbalance within the unit and on Saturday at Newcastle he bought something different to the no.10 role by making more runs rather than providing like an Özil would and personally I was impressed.

You can't really judge him by the standards of August 2013 because quite frankly no other midfielder in premier league history has ever been the best Defensive and offensive midfielder in the league simultaneously. Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Fabregas, ToRamere never really defensive and Makalele, Viera, Matic, Keane, Gilberto wernt renowned making stellar Hollywood passes and scoring 2 goals every game but Aaron in that period was doing it all and you just cannot expect such a level continuously also he has been injured a lot in the last 12 months which is another disruption coincided with having to adapt to the styles of new players like Coquelin, Sanchez and Welbeck. In 2013 Arteta,Özil and Giroud were essential in getting the best out of Ramsey.

He is a bit clumsy at times I admit but every player has their flaws and I think overall he's an intelligent player that brings an abundance of wealth to our game. Lol Henderson? 2012 Ramsey is 100 x the player Jordan will ever be. Lol joker.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The team has not had a sustained collective top performance for 90 minutes yet this campaign but there have been patches within games when everybody is on song, which is to be expected so early on, and Ramsey has been pivotal in our good 'patches' within games. He was poor and nowhere to be seen against West Ham, At Crystal Palace he made a plethora of intelligent runs, showed great awareness, contributed in possession and put in a defensive shift, Liverpool at home he was unlucky as he scored a goal which was wrongly ruled out and I thought in the second half he was our best player but did isolate his defensive duties in the first half which generated some imbalance within the unit and on Saturday at Newcastle he bought something different to the no.10 role by making more runs rather than providing like an Özil would and personally I was impressed.

You can't really judge him by the standards of August 2013 because quite frankly no other midfielder in premier league history has ever been the best Defensive and offensive midfielder in the league simultaneously. Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Fabregas, ToRamere never really defensive and Makalele, Viera, Matic, Keane, Gilberto wernt renowned making stellar Hollywood passes and scoring 2 goals every game but Aaron in that period was doing it all and you just cannot expect such a level continuously also he has been injured a lot in the last 12 months which is another disruption coincided with having to adapt to the styles of new players like Coquelin, Sanchez and Welbeck. In 2013 Arteta,Özil and Giroud were essential in getting the best out of Ramsey.

He is a bit clumsy at times I admit but every player has their flaws and I think overall he's an intelligent player that brings an abundance of wealth to our game. Lol Henderson? 2012 Ramsey is 100 x the player Jordan will ever be. Lol joker.
I judge him by that season because i was adamant it wasn't just a purple patch and it was going to be his consistent level from then on. I know everything that could go right went right for him during that season but i haven't seen him put in enough exceptional performances of the level of 13/14.

I think he's a LOT better than what he's showing right now. As are many of our first team. He wasn't one of our best players last season and although he's been one of the better performers so far this campaign, i still wouldn't say he's been very good. Maybe it's because he's literally everywhere on the pitch wanting the ball, that his mistakes are shown up more often than other people. He's trying to do to much atm. Trying to hard to be the hero and it's effecting his game. I'm not going to lie to myself and say he's been top class. He hasn't in my view. And i know there are a lot of people on here that agree with me, as there are a lot of people who agree with you too.

RE the Henderson quote; that was basically because all i've heard lately is that Ramsey's been great because he doesn't stop moving, always making runs etc. That's basically what someone like Henderson does. Ramsey's got so much more in his locker than he has, but he's not showing it right now.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
He will never get back to such a level Randy Im sorry but it just wont happen for a prolonged period in this league. He is either a Frank Lampard type midfielder or an energetic Carrick, he cannot be both.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Cech, Kos, Rambo, Sanchez and Özil.

The Arsenal Untouchables.

Although I think Wenger sees it that way, Ramsey shouldn't be one of them. Ramsey's performances this past year certainly haven't earned him the right to have such a status (he is extremely lucky to still be in the starting 11). whilst Coquelin on the hand has been the best player the league in his position since the turn of the year.

David Smith

Established Member
Ramsey's done well thus far this season I don't understand what people are talking about.
Wasn't he named the official man of the match in the last game?

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Ramsey's grown on me. Didn't like him till the end of last season. I thought he lost the ball way too much. But for me, it all boils down to his willingness to make something happen. If we're chasing a game, it's refreshing to see Ramsey break from the passing ranks and force the issue. When it doesn't work it's frustrating but you can't fault the effort.

5 minutes to go, in need of a goal, if that balls there to be hit you can beat your bottom dollar Ramsey's taking the shot on. Other players pass it around shunning responsibility like you have it. No you have it. No you ha- ....

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Anyone catch Rambo for Wales? Bale will get the plaudits for the goal, but Ramsey dictated the entire game. His energy is unreal.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Ramsey is a decent enough player, his off the ball movement is the best thing he has and even on the wing we see that. Everything else is just decent which makes him a solid player to have. But reading some of the comments on on here would make you think we have one of the best midfielders in the world on our hands and that is definitely not the case.

There is a reason why Ramsey is on the wing and Cazorla in the middle. Ramsey can't dictate play from deep. His passing isn't accurate, he can't get out of tight spots like Cazorla and his timing is sometimes off. He will sometimes take too many touches on the ball or not weight his passes. He lacks defensive discipline and awareness.

A good player, but not great. We should have bought a player for that right wing who could have offered more in the position because Ramsey, Ox and Theo aren't offering enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom