• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

djoeru

Martial did cost €50m + €30m bonuses. And if you are interested to know exactly, the various bonuses are ;

+€10m if he plays at least 25 games this season with ManU
+€10m if he gets more than 10 caps for the french NT as a ManU player
+€10m if he can be rated in the top 20 of the Ballon d'or as a ManU player

So realistically he's going to cost €70m. Maybe €80m but that's not expected before several years.

US_Gooner

Established Member
€30m in transfer bonuses is what we currently account for our whole squad.

£17.5m for appearances we expect to pay +
£5.7m in various bonuses we don't expect to pay = ~€31.5m

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
forgot, sorry, arsenal
Think we got our wires crossed.

My post was my gratitude to Man City because, despite us (Villa) signing 13 players and spending £55 million, the money we got for Benteke (from Liverpool but they got it from selling Sterling to Man City) and Delph meant we've actually hardly spent anything.

WhatAFC

The whole De gea thing is brilliant from Utd when you think about it. Burning bridges with one of the 2 clubs who can basically get any player they want. In their eyes means they won't have to sell players to them in the future. Or are at least less likely to.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just saw Llorente went on a free, probably wouldn't of come here on a year deal but I wondered if we looked into him.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Top 10: Botched transfers you might not know about

1. Michael Laudrup to Liverpool, 1983 :p
2. Juninho to Aston Villa, 1999
3. Muller to Everton, 1994
4. Alfredo Di Stefano to Barcelona, 1952
5. Raul to Tottenham, 2008 :p
6. Paul Gascoigne to Manchester United, 1988
7. Johan Cruyff to Dumbarton, 1980
8. Michael Essien to Burnley, 1999
9. Eric Cantona to Sheffield Wednesday, 1992
10. Charlie Adam to Sp**s, 2011 :eek:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/top-10-botched-transfers-you-might-not-know-about?page=0,9

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Martial did cost €50m + €30m bonuses. And if you are interested to know exactly, the various bonuses are ;

So realistically he's going to cost €70m. Maybe €80m but that's not expected before several years.

.....That is so much, I cannot really wrap my head round how Martial went for that much.

I mean circumstances not withstanding, you could buy a ready made world class player (not talent) for that much. Of course it was the final day etc etc, but f*ck me, it is still shocking.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Top 10: Botched transfers you might not know about

1. Michael Laudrup to Liverpool, 1983 :p
2. Juninho to Aston Villa, 1999
3. Muller to Everton, 1994
4. Alfredo Di Stefano to Barcelona, 1952
5. Raul to Tottenham, 2008 :p
6. Paul Gascoigne to Manchester United, 1988
7. Johan Cruyff to Dumbarton, 1980
8. Michael Essien to Burnley, 1999
9. Eric Cantona to Sheffield Wednesday, 1992
10. Charlie Adam to Sp**s, 2011 :eek:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/top-10-botched-transfers-you-might-not-know-about?page=0,9

No Zidane to Blackburn? Ibrahimovic to Arsenal? CR7 to Arsenal? Suarez to Arsenal?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
One that didn't make the list:
In 2008, Villa manager Martin O’Neill was offered a little-known Colombian prospect by the name of Radamel Falcao for a fee reportedly around £5M, but he chose to sign Wigan Athletic’s Emile Heskey instead.
:lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Every club and manager has lists of deals that went wrong.

Just seen some Perez quotes, on the back of De Gea, talking about missing out on Vieira and Ribery.

OG J0E

On the Tuesday Club once, Alan Davies was saying how when Rioch bought Bergkamp for £7.5m or whatever, George Graham said 'I was offered him for £4m'. Without realising that made him a mug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom