• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Fitness Watch

Bould14

Things looking a bit negative on the injury front already this season. Starting to think that Shad Forsythes impact isn't as great as we thought it was. Thing looking the same as usual. I'm also thinking is his fitness regime responsible for our lack of sharpness in the first part of the season like last season also with an aim to peak after Xmas. I'm all for getting stronger as the season goes on but not of it means we start like sh** and our out of the title rice by October.
This is how most clubs who compete in the CL and have players who play internationals prefer it. It seems like we are really failing on the injury recovery front. Obviously prevention is important, but for some reason our staff asses an injury says "2-3 weeks" the injury doesn't heal, and he's out for 3-4 months.

I thought our squad were very fit in friendlies compared to the teams we played against.

Maybe this is doctors and physio problems more than our fitness team.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I dont see a problem with our 'injury record' this season or most of the last one. Welbz is injured, ok, but its not like we have our usual number of injuries. Ever injured Rosicky is no news, and it wont change at his age.
Wilshere injury I am fine with, its almost normal at his stage... Who else? Arteta, Theo, Kos.. All good.
Lets not go over the ymtop with this now too.,

Also, its not a problem how we look now either. In few games real season really starts, you'll see fitness then.
As one said, if we signed one big name, or, if we won against Pool, there would be no problems now.

tim08

The football insider ran a story a few days back saying Welbeck could be out for up to 6 months - http://www.footballinsider247.com/e...latest-striker-to-be-out-for-up-to-six-months.

Now both the Guardian and The Telegraph are running similar stories based on Roy Hodgson quotes saying he has been told Welbeck will not be back until Feb/March.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...-injury-england-euro-2016-roy-hodgson-arsenal
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Danny-Welbeck-will-be-out-for-six-months.html

The fact the club put no timescale on his return and just vaguely said 'a number of months' does not look at all encouraging. Just makes the decision from Wenger not to sign a cover striker even more ludicrous. Let's just pray Joel Campbell is this years Coquelin as I can certainly see him getting plenty of game time.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I don't think we'll ever see a "sharp" Welbeck. Injured or not.

Really not bothered by Welbeck being injured the guy offers little

Just like Le Coq offered a very little last December.

Lets see what happens, instead of consulting our crystal balls. Its all hands on deck this season.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Kos would be a loss but I'd have confidence in Gabriel and Mert holding the fort.

The real worry this year is if Giroud and Walcott get injured at the same time. It'd be a disaster.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Don't worry guys, only another 2 pointless international breaks in the next 2 months where our players can pick up injuries! It's a joke.

Hopefully that Kos one isn't true. Want to see him and Gab form a serious partnership.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
welbeckceleb_3432900b.jpg

Immense pic from that article. LOVE Santi and Mesut in the background. Brilliant day all round that.

Wasn't it post to be like 2 or 3 weeks with Welbeck first.

This has happened before. With Rosicky, when he was out for a year and half, they said he would only be out for 1 week or 2...

Hegemony

Don't worry guys, only another 2 pointless international breaks in the next 2 months where our players can pick up injuries! It's a joke.

Hopefully that Kos one isn't true. Want to see him and Gab form a serious partnership.

I find it a infuriating because I'm not a fan of international sports, haha. Still, a lot of people get joy out of it. Not the worst thing ever I guess.

Kos and Gab have been solid so far; hope Kos is fine. I'm actually looking forward to the duo being tested; will be interesting if they pair up for the upcoming Chelsea game.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I find it a infuriating because I'm not a fan of international sports, haha. Still, a lot of people get joy out of it. Not the worst thing ever I guess.

Kos and Gab have been solid so far; hope Kos is fine. I'm actually looking forward to the duo being tested; will be interesting if they pair up for the upcoming Chelsea game.
International games aren't that bad. It's just that Arsenal games are 1000 times better than meaningless friendlies or qualifiers against pub teams!

It will be very interesting to see what Wenger does with Gabriel. He obviously doesn't deserve dropping but if Per is fit then i think it's 50:50 whether he comes back into the team. Not massively fussed who plays with Kos really, but it would be harsh on Gabriel to drop him this w.e.

Hegemony

It will be very interesting to see what Wenger does with Gabriel. He obviously doesn't deserve dropping but if Per is fit then i think it's 50:50 whether he comes back into the team. Not massively fussed who plays with Kos really, but it would be harsh on Gabriel to drop him this w.e.

Gabriel conundrum, indeed. Do you drop the vice-captain (essentially captain) for an in-form player? So far Gab has faced Liverpool and Newcastle; he's looked good in both despite Chambers putting a lot of pressure on him in the Liverpool game. I think he could afford to be dropped; he knows he is the future, both Per and Kos are getting on. Plus the Per+Kos partnership is established and good.

A bit conflicting on Koscielny's injury. A couple of newspapers saying he'll miss Stoke, a couple saying he'll be fit and ready to go. I assume Mertesacker will be fit, he had a chest infection, rarely last 3 weeks.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Jack's supposed to be back in full training after the international break no?

There should be some serious looking into our medical team. This can't go on for much longer.

Can't wait until Wilshere replace Cazorla in the starting line up.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Wilshere expected back at Christmas now? That's shocking. Starting to think he might have a Diaby-esque career. Kid just cant stay fit.

Top Bottom