• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanishDoc

Assuming Belgium make this year’s Euros a January move is so unlikely. If he has any ambition of turning out for Belgium in the Euros, no matter how small his chance will be, he will have to play week in week out which will not happen at Arsenal. A summer move is far more realistic if there is genuine interest on our part.

Then buy him in January and let him stay with Anderlecht until the summer.. His price will only increase from now on..

Tir Na Nog.. Yes please yes... Flamini should play in Ligue 2..

DanishDoc

So why would Anderlecht sell now?

We'll give them a fine price and most of all Wenger needs to convince the kid that Arsenal is the right club for him.. We don't need a bid war against the other PRL teams.. But you're right thats ideal from our point of view, not Anderlechts.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Assuming Belgium make this year’s Euros a January move is so unlikely. If he has any ambition of turning out for Belgium in the Euros, no matter how small his chance will be, he will have to play week in week out which will not happen at Arsenal. A summer move is far more realistic if there is genuine interest on our part.
True but Wenger has a knack of picking up these types of players in the January window. Young, exciting & full of potential. Gets them in January with an eye to integrate and have them ready for the following season. Walcott, Reyes, Adebayor to name a few.

jms

True but Wenger has a knack of picking up these types of players in the January window. Young, exciting & full of potential. Gets them in January with an eye to integrate and have them ready for the following season. Walcott, Reyes, Adebayor to name a few.

Don’t take my comment as me not wanting the signing to happen, I think it would be a good move for a talented player, the issue I see is that if he does harbour any belief that he can make a push to be in the squad for the Euros in the summer he will have reservations in leaving regular first team football for a situation where he may not even make the bench let alone see regular first team football.

If on the other hand he does not think or he has been told in no uncertain terms that he will not be making the squad it will be a good move for him for the reasons you have highlighted among the fact that he is the right age to fill in the gap that will appear in our starting eleven when Cazorla winds down in the near future.

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Don’t take my comment as me not wanting the signing to happen, I think I would be a good move for a talented player, the issue I see is that if he does harbour any belief that he can make a push to be in the squad for the Euros in the summer he will have reservations in leaving regular first team football for a situation where he may not even make the bench let alone see regular first team football.

If on the other hand he does not think or he has been told in no uncertain terms that he will not be making the squad it will be a good move for him for the reasons you have highlighted among the fact that he is the right age to fill in the gap that will appear in our starting eleven when Cazorla winds down in the near future.

I didn't & I appreciate your sentiment in regard to his desire to play in the Euro's. I was just stating that Wenger has a habit of signing some young promising players in January window.

cannonade

Established Member
Why would a young talent want to come in and sit behind le Coq? Especially if they're getting first team footy with the Euors approaching?
Le Coq is the man at Arsenal and is still relatively young himself. I think we just have to stop thinking he needs to be replaced or that he needs competition for his spot. He does need a credible sub for a game here or there and perhaps Arteta can give us that. Our main problem is if a long term injury were to happen, but most clubs have that concern with their top players.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Why would a young talent want to come in and sit behind le Coq? Especially if they're getting first team footy with the Euors approaching?
Le Coq is the man at Arsenal and is still relatively young himself. I think we just have to stop thinking he needs to be replaced or that he needs competition for his spot. He does need a credible sub for a game here or there and perhaps Arteta can give us that. Our main problem is if a long term injury were to happen, but most clubs have that concern with their top players.
What would you have us do then? Stick with Arteta/Flamini for another few seasons? We need better depth in this position.

I think it makes sense to replace them with a young prospect like this guy. Someone who can come in an do a job, but won't be starter ready for another couple of seasons. We can either go for some 25+ year old DM that will be happy being back up to Coquelin, but isn't of that high quality, or we could go for a young guy who has the potential to be top class.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I'd hope we'd go for a talent like him no matter what. But firstly Wenger rates Cazorla highly as his DLP. He considers Arteta a reasonable back up to both him and Coq. Then he has Wilshere, Chamberlain and Ramsey. Then what about Crowley, Maitland-Niles and Zelalem? At least 1 of them will get a squad role in a couple of years, depending on how high we rate them we may not want to overstock on midfielders.

If Wenger rates him though and the moneybags don't push his price up we could get him but then again I think Anderlecht will hang onto him until they get a big offer anyway.

cannonade

Established Member
What would you have us do then? Stick with Arteta/Flamini for another few seasons? We need better depth in this position.

I think it makes sense to replace them with a young prospect like this guy. Someone who can come in an do a job, but won't be starter ready for another couple of seasons. We can either go for some 25+ year old DM that will be happy being back up to Coquelin, but isn't of that high quality, or we could go for a young guy who has the potential to be top class.

If that talented player is already established at his current team and is vying for a spot on the national team doesn't it make sense for that player to stay put and play then go sit on the bench at Arsenal (for this season from January at least)??

I'm just trying to figure out what Wenger's thinking. Buying a player as a backup is tough. Who wants to do that? And Wenger doesn't want to spend big on a player who's mostly going to see the bench (he did do it for Chambers, but at that time Bellerin didn't look ready and we had zero depth at CB, and there was talk that he would be groomed as a DM, which obviously isn't going to happen. Maybe he's hoping he can get through this season and then bring in Hayden to deputize after Flamini leaves next summer (?)

arsenalhumor

It is more about tielemans replacement for wilshere than tielemans for Coq. Coq is fine but lets say we are chasing a game and need a DLP with a more aggressiv game going forward that can score, tielemans ->on, Coq ->off

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
You watch, he'll get picked up by another top team and absolutely kill it for them.

This guy is it, I've never been more sure of a player before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom