• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Still gutted we didn't pummel them with about 6 goals. I find it really disappointing :(

Agreed, it should have at least been 5-0 I thought.

What I was impressed with was how we managed them once we were 3-0 up. Apart from Martial's opportunity I thought they were nowhere, encouraging stuff to see.

We must not get too ahead of ourselves though, we still have to show a lot more good stuff to convince me that we City's main challengers. This was a good performance and a good start though.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Still gutted we didn't pummel them with about 6 goals. I find it really disappointing :(

Im actually glad we were professional and saw the game out, bombing forward needlessly has cost us before.
United get massively overrated by the media, Sky had a week of national celebrations when they went top of the league, in the end they wont win anything again but find reasonable excuses for it and go again next season with renewed optimism. Our challengers for the title are the other side in Manchester.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Calling a a young player in his first season a fraud is stupid. Memphis has still scored 4 goals and showed moments of quality but right now looks tired and probably needs to be taken out of the firing line for a spell. Hasn't helped that we lost Shaw as they were looking a promising partnership in pre-season and since the bad injury we haven't solved how to reorganise. Firmino cost £29 million and hasn't done anything for them so far and Sterling at City has been fairly poor. All new players need time.

Di Maria's attitude was poor, he never wanted to join us in the first place. LvG said that he asked him to give it another season but he was set on leaving. Memphis would have been bought regardless of what happened with Di Maria. And Van Gaal has talked about wanting more speed and creativity which is why we also tried for Sadio Mane and Pedro.

Fraud in terms of you lot overrating the hell out of him and actually thinking that you've got a better player than the one you previously had.

He has scored 4 goals, well done. Brugge are indeed a terrific side. What about his overall play? He looks completely lost.

The "young" player stuff is bullshit anyway. You bought him to be a starter, so he has to be judged by that. Martial for example is performing regardless.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I really like Martial, I think hes potentially an excellent player. Its the rest of their team that is massively overrated (bar the keeper).

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

We should've tbh.

Our play for some of the other chances was absolutely exceptional. Look at the build up for the Ramsey chance and Santi's long shot where he completely mugs off Slowsteiger, terrific football - doesn't get much better than that.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Fraud in terms of you lot overrating the hell out of him and actually thinking that you've got a better player than the one you previously had.

He has scored 4 goals, well done. Brugge are indeed a terrific side. What about his overall play? He looks completely lost.

The "young" player stuff is bullshit anyway. You bought him to be a starter, so he has to be judged by that. Martial for example is performing regardless.
Not sure why you keep mentioning Di Maria, as said Memphis would have been bought regardless and wasn't a direct replacement. Martial has had a dream start but is also young and could hit the wall at any time. If he does I bet we'll be hearing about how overrated he is and that he's the new Macheda or something.

I've seen enough glimpses of ability from Memphis so far to be confident that he'll become a big player for us.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Not sure why you keep mentioning Di Maria, as said Memphis would have been bought regardless and wasn't a direct replacement. Martial has had a dream start but is also young and could hit the wall at any time. If he does I bet we'll be hearing about how overrated he is and that he's the new Macheda or something.

I've seen enough glimpses of ability from Memphis so far to be confident that he'll become a big player for us.
He's Ox level at best right now.

Marmaduke

I don't know, I haven't made up my mind on Memphis. Its tempting to get on the "he's rubbish" bandwagon but given how much patience we give Ox on this forum it would be criminal.

I think he has a chance to develop into a quality player but here is the thing that irks me about him (not specifically him). Every high cost united youth signing is heralded as the second coming of Jesus in the media. Its not Depay's fault but as soon as he scored that brace against Bruge, BOOM, articles everywhere about how he is ready to rip up the PL, the new Hazard, ect. ect.

We all overrate our players as fans, so far this season only Martial looks like the real unearthed gem (albeit an extremely expensive one).

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Clock, who's a Dutch Gooner, is someone who's opinion I trust concerning young Dutch players. He said Georginio is a bigger talent than Memphis and that very much seems the case right now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Clock, who's a Dutch Gooner, is someone who's opinion I trust concerning young Dutch players. He said Georginio is a bigger talent than Memphis and that very much seems the case right now.

I thought @clockwork orange liked Memphis? I don't think he's been that bad, first season for a youngster and all.

Utd fans who were saying he'd be the next Ronaldo were obviously ****** but there's clearly potential there.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I don't rate him that high and do not like him either. Just checked, though I had him down as flop of the season in the predictions thread, turned out to be Sterling. But Depay was close 2nd, and I wrote when he signed that he's no way near as good (yet) as he was hyped up to be.

I don't like him because of his popstar attitude, walking around like he's some gangsterrapper, reminds me of Drenthe. Doesn't have to harm, Ronaldo, behaved like was Justin Timberlake or whoever too when he was young, but he was/is far more talented than Depay.

Depay is certainly no Drenthe, who was ridiculously overrated, but he still is a rough diamond. Depay is not in shape at the moment, which makes his weaknesses show more clearer. LVG still has a lot of work to do if he wants to really make him a real top player. Poor tactical awereness and bad decision making have to change.

Bould14

Depay needs the ball( a lot touches) to be effective. Now that they want to feed Martial/Rooney he's going to appear not as dynamic. If the team doesn't flow the ball through him he's going to suffer.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Mancs be like...

htxtgk.jpg

Is this a shot from during the match or after it?

TheGlitch

I find pleasure in the 3 nil considering we know, they know and so does the rest of the world. That we took our foot off the gas knowing this was easy and if wanted to could just as easily go score another two.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'd take Smalling, Darmian, Carrick/Schweini and Martial. Carrick or Schweini for there experience, leadership, ability to control and manage games. And obviously, they'd mostly be rotation players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom