• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Bald Fraud's Chester City

BobP

Memri Fan
Lol assist machine? Revisionism at its best.

Never have I seen a player who gets by purely on his name.

He and Fabregas have had almost the exact same time in the EPL, Fabregas has had 8 full seasons and is going into his 9th whilst Beckham had 8 full seasons where he actually played, and guess what? Fabregas has close to double the assists of Beckham.

Beckham could only dream of being half the player Fabregas was or is.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Lol assist machine? Revisionism at its best.

Never have I seen a player who gets by purely on his name.

He and Fabregas have had almost the exact same time in the EPL, Fabregas has had 8 full seasons and is going into his 9th whilst Beckham had 8 full seasons where he actually played, and guess what? Fabregas has close to double the assists of Beckham.

Beckham could only dream of being half the player Fabregas was or is.

The stats are hard to come by but Beckham got 152 assists off
394 games for United, yes he was an assist machine.

http://www.premiersoccerstats.com/PlayerHome.cfm?PLAYERID=BECKHAD

The only revisionism is that he wasn't a top player and Scholes was better, Beckham was their killer ball man when they played together. Arguably their best player when he was there

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Hate how assist stats are done in football, so misleading. You can thread the ball through 4 defenders into the running path of a winger, but his following 5 yard square pass to the open striker is the assist. Original pass gets nothing.

It's close to being a worthless stat as it's so dependent on team setup as well. Key passes is much better, although it's a much more subjective stat to an extent.

^ Messi did nothing there if you only care about goals and assists, yet he literally created the goal.

It's why I hate when people rely on statistics in football.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Hate how assist stats are done in football, so misleading. You can thread the ball through 4 defenders into the running path of a winger, but his following 5 yard square pass to the open striker is the assist. Original pass gets nothing.

It's close to being a worthless stat as it's so dependent on team setup as well. Key passes is much better, although it's a much more subjective stat to an extent.

^ Messi did nothing there if you only care about goals and assists, yet he literally created the goal.

The only difference between a key pass and an assist is 1 is coverted the other isn't. You could produce 100 side ways passes to 100 30 yard shots and have the highest number of key passes in the PL.

Any stat needs context, even goals. What if a player has 20 league goals, but 10 are penalties and the rest are all counter attacking tap ins against Sunderland, Bournemouth and Norwich when the team were already 2 up.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I go my stats from here, http://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeCompetitionMostAssists?comp_code=EPL , indicated that he got 44 assists in his time here

They don't have much of the stats for most the 90s on that site. That's why no 90s players are on there. Bergkamp is listed as 49 assists but he has 116. There's a video with 140 something of Beckham's United assists on youtube if you want to find it.

Still don't rate him.

I doubt you watched him much in his pomp, maybe before your time

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree! Thats the reason we have our analysis system (statDNA) we dont rely on the stats that get posted on here, we look at every single touch, not just assists and goals scored. It gives a far more accurate profile of a player.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Manchester City 2-1 Norwich

0e629d9c-2aba-44e9-9888-a1a8a4ed535e.jpg

Chris Bevan

BBC Sport at Etihad Stadium

Posted at18:04
After 80 minutes of not a lot, the last 10 minutes at Etihad Stadium were probably best described as completely crazy. The Manchester City fans in front of me were going ballistic as their team failed to clear time and time again from Norwich's 10 men and they were hanging on for dear life in stoppage time - it is safe to say that was not in the pre-match script for the Premier League leaders. Don't let Aleksandar Kolarov's penalty miss for the home side at the death fool you - a 3-1 defeat would have been incredibly harsh on the Canaries. They have left empty-handed but enormous credit to Alex Neil's side, who defended brilliantly and showed plenty of attacking spirit too.

BobP

Memri Fan
He really isn't doing himself a favor with the French Lesbian tag flying about.

What's happened to him anyhow? Seems to have completely fallen off of the radar.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
City are determined to sign Guardiola as their next manager, and hope that a genuine pursuit of Barcelona forward Lionel Messi could convince him that his future lies at the Etihad – reports on Friday suggested City are willing to fund a £800,000-a-week deal to sign Messi.

haha-guess we'll have to up the ticket prices a tad if we want to compete in this market!

Should Guardiola get a hint of Wenger deciding enough is enough at the end of next season, he could elect to remain with Bayern for one more year before moving to Arsenal. It’s previously been reported that Guardiola would prefer a move to London if he were to move to England, which would put Chelsea and the Gunners in the driving seat

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...gue-to-alert-manchester-united-a6752466.html?

Last edited:

Bould14

City brass is desperate for Pep, but is very particular about the teams he chooses so who knows he may reject the job.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom