• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho

BobP

Memri Fan
Had a tough first season at Napoli last season under Benitez but has settled more under Sarri who seems to be relatively good with younger players.

I always saw him as a vertical mover, someone who is most comfortable getting up and down the pitch but it seems that he is a DLP.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Well Wenger does love his playmakers and DLPs, Jorginho has that skillset but won't add the pressing, pace and power that most want in the middle.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Every time I've seen this lad, I've been impressed. Very tidy player. Smart and technical, opposite of Coquelin is at DM who is sort of our 'bruiser.'

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Is it me or do we always go for players whose club have no problem selling?

It's a very simple assessment but teams usually fight quite hard to keep quality players. Lille had no problem selling us Gervinho for example :lol:.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging

It's a very simple assessment but teams usually fight quite hard to keep quality players. Lille had no problem selling us Gervinho for example :lol:.

Fair point. I'm trying to think of an exception now. Reyes, maybe?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fair point. I'm trying to think of an exception now. Reyes, maybe?
Yep possibly but my memory gets hazy going back that far. I really can't remember us prizing a quality player away from a smaller team, it's something that definitely holds us back when it comes to building a quality squad.

Özil, Sanchez, Cazorla and Cech were all for sale.

Our luck has/will run out when it comes to world class players simply being available for sale. We're going to need to be more proactive in the transfer market if we want to go up a level.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
Yep possibly but my memory gets hazy going back that far. I really can't remember us prizing a quality player away from a smaller team, it's something that definitely holds us back when it comes to building a quality squad.

Özil, Sanchez, Cazorla and Cech were all for sale.

Our luck has/will run out when it comes to world class players simply being available for sale. We're going to need to be more proactive in the transfer market if we want to go up a level.

We came close with Suarez, we just needed the player to put in a written transfer request. I have a feeling that we would have tried the same thing with Sterling had it not been for City's offer, which we couldn't hope to match (esp. wages).

We do have the resources to do some bullying, though. Probably more on the scale of Juve/Inter than Chelsea/Bayern unfortunately.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Arteta maybe

We had to go in fairly hard for him at a time when we had limited resources to push the boat out.

And he was an excellent addition

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Would be a very good signing for the DLP position as he could partner any of Ramsey, Coq, and Santi.

There're actually a few more Napoli players we could go for. I've watched them quite a bit, and I'd go for any of Higgy, Hamsik, Insigne, Jorginho, Allan, Hysaj and Koulibaly. They've been terrific this season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Arteta & Suarez - As already stated.
Jagielka - Everton turn several bids from us from what I've read.
Cabaye - Newcastle turned a bid down from us.

Also didn't Adebayor and Squillaci refuse to play for their teams to force their transfers to us?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Would be a very good signing for the DLP position as he could partner any of Ramsey, Coq, and Santi.

There're actually a few more Napoli players we could go for. I've watched them quite a bit, and I'd go for any of Higgy, Hamsik, Insigne, Jorginho, Allan, Hysaj and Koulibaly. They've been terrific this season.

Hamsik has always been a quality player, for club and country. He seems fiercely loyal to Napoli though, loves life in Naples. He's the Steven Gerrard of Napoli if you will, I can't see him leaving unless it's to the USA or Dubai for that final payout in the sun.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sure I rate Hamsik. Goes hiding in games, I remember watching a bunch of Napoli games last season and he was anonymous.

Not seen him this season though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Finally got to see this guy play recently, he is interesting. Tenacious, great positioning and great passing & dribbling. Very slight though, probably his only drawback is his lack of pure athleticism, but he has good acceleration and reading of game.

Top Bottom