• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I guess he's seen as a failure because he didn't last there for more than a season. Just like Di Maria for Manure despite his decent stats.

im using him as a barometer of 'success'. Cant you swallow it?

Sure, you're.... 30 assists...:lol:

BBF

Well, does it not make sense that different styles of play require different types of players?

If we play a possession game, with no service from the flanks because the ball is recycled into the centre, are we likely to get the best out of a target man? I don't think anyone would suggest it works for us now.

If we play a target man ahead of a CAM (who plays killer balls) and two inside forwards, are we likely to see a fluid attack? Personally, I don't think we're close to being fluid unless Walcott leads the line.

And all of that said, whilst Ibrahimovic is undoubtedly the better player, if he's given the same service as Giroud, I don't think there will be a gulf in class between what he or Giroud can do for Arsenal. Perhaps Ibrahimovic will score more goals, but we won't get the best out of him – just like we don't Giroud.

Doesn't matter. I've seen enough ****ty flicks and layoffs from Giroud to know that any player who can turn or dribble with the ball is an improvement. Regardless of speed.

GabeGooner

Doesn't matter. I've seen enough ****ty flicks and layoffs from Giroud to know that any player who can turn or dribble with the ball is an improvement. Regardless of speed.
To be fair to Giroud, even though not everything he does comes off, sometimes one of his touches or flicks is what makes him so exceptional at times. Wilshere's goal against Norwich springs to mind immediately.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Ibra... 30 assists in 1 season at Barca... oh dear :lol: How did Özil even get involved in this? Do you mean to say Özil is a failure? or that a season of his here was a failure? or that he was a failure as a signing? or that his assist record is a failure? I'm so confused.

Anywho, Ibra is a beast, but I feel like he doesn't plan on playing for too much longer and he has alluded to this on a number of occasions... I think he is starting to decline now, though that's not to say I wouldn't welcome him here with open arms. Would bet my soul if I had one that this will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom