• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneh

Anyone who even dares to compare the great Zlatan to Giroud needs head examining. Similar type... er ok.. theyre both can play CF thats where the similarity ends.

Zlatan has insane ball control.. much better finishing.. probably 2x powerful shot.. scores from crazy angles.. outragous goals. The guy has banged more goals in for a poor Sweden team than Rooney has for England.

Target man or not.. just look at how many goals Zlatan has created himself. Oh yes how many free kicks has Giroud scored?

Its totally unfair on Giroud to be compared to Zlatan. Totally different class.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So on twitter I saw a stat that Zlatan has 7 CL knockout goals in 40 games, 4 of which came against Leverkusen.

Pretty poor, no? For someone who's played for Ajax, Juventus, both Milan clubs, Barcelona and PSG.

As I said earlier, just doesn't have those big stage moments. Got sent off against Chelsea too, leaving his team to battle on through without him.

Highbury Rock City

So on twitter I saw a stat that Zlatan has 7 CL knockout goals in 40 games, 4 of which came against Leverkusen.

Pretty poor, no? For someone who's played for Ajax, Juventus, both Milan clubs, Barcelona and PSG.

As I said earlier, just doesn't have those big stage moments. Got sent off against Chelsea too, leaving his team to battle on through without him.
A bit harsh to come to that conclusion, I'd say. But then again CL has been one of his main, perhaps the biggest, obstacles troughout his career. And he do step up in big games as well, but not in the CL of course, but I think that's up to coincident rather than lacking ability to step up in big games.

With that said, no way in hell Ibra will come to Arsenal, and I'm fine with that.

Highbury Rock City

Anyone who even dares to compare the great Zlatan to Giroud needs head examining. Similar type... er ok.. theyre both can play CF thats where the similarity ends.

Zlatan has insane ball control.. much better finishing.. probably 2x powerful shot.. scores from crazy angles.. outragous goals. The guy has banged more goals in for a poor Sweden team than Rooney has for England.

Target man or not.. just look at how many goals Zlatan has created himself. Oh yes how many free kicks has Giroud scored?

Its totally unfair on Giroud to be compared to Zlatan. Totally different class.
One would say Giroud is a poor mans Zlatan? Actually I've been thinking of that comparison as well. They have a similar style of play but it all comes up to Zlatan being almost a superhuman, and Olivier is not (sorry Ollie).

skip spence

Don't think they are similar players at all, Oli and Zlatan. Apart from the obvious, that they are both big, strong centre-forwards.

Olivier is the classical centre-forward/target man who stays in the middle and likes to play with his back to the goal, bringing others into play with flicks and hold-up play, or getting onto crosses in the box.

While Zlatan can do this as well (and with Sweden he does too, since long balls to Zlatan seems to be the only viable alternative, the team being crap apart from him) he much prefers playing as a roaming deep lying forward with a lot of creative freedom, often dropping deep to get the ball and acting the play-maker or shooting from distance, or alternatively spear-heading the attack, trying to poach goals in the box. Also, despite being extremely strong and tall and winning many aerial duels, Zlatan isn't that good scoring with headers, here Oliver has a distinct advantage.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't see the similarities between the two, one has no skill and can barely move, the other can do basically everything.

Giroud struggles with flicks, and one-two's aswell, holding the ball is 50/50 with him too. Missed 5 headers v Sp**s.

Malky

Established Member
I don't see the similarities between the two, one has no skill and can barely move, the other can do basically everything.

Giroud struggles with flicks, and one-two's aswell, holding the ball is 50/50 with him too. Missed 5 headers v Sp**s.
If Zlatan was on the end of those headers I'm 100% confident he would of buried at least two of them.

skip spence

If Zlatan was on the end of those headers I'm 100% confident he would of buried at least two of them.
Zlatan is a much better player than Giroud but the Frenchman is more dangerous in the air. Bet Zlatan never would've got 5 opportunities with headers, let alone scored on any.

Bananacoffee

They are similar in that they both play football, but that's about it.

Giroud will be lucky to be remembered ten years from now, Zlatan is one of the greats.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Strange how older players seem to attract a more favorable view, I'm guilty of this to, definatly warmed to the guy since his semi-retirement in France has gone on.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think like 5 of those have come against us as well :lol:

Tbf that Chelsea red was a f*cking joke of a decision.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ibra is pretty much a playmaker playing as a striker, he's constantly dropping deep to allow the inside forward space to run into, he mostly looks to get into the pocket just in front for the two centre backs.

I'm not sure he's the type of play you'd play with Özil though for example. They'd both be looking for the same space.

gunnergoa

I like Giroud, but mentioning Giroud and Zaltan in the same sentence is sacrilegious. In terms of technique and skills Zlatan is on the same level as RVP (if not higher). Even at the age that he is, he still has few goals in him if we can buy him for couple of season then its worth the risk.

His main draw back is his ego but at the same time i feel we need a winner like him in the dressing room one who will not take losing to West Brom lightly.

And the guy is league magnet he has won a league practically each and every year of his career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom