• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Bald Fraud's Chester City

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

City with Pep become unstoppable I think. He's inherited his best teams but he seems the type that always does well if given the resources.

I would like him at Arsenal but Wenger's sticking around it seems.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

Pep's only ever inherited top teams. Never had to build anything. But can't deny he's taken those teams to another level, best in the world type stuff, so fair play there.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Pep's only ever inherited top teams. Never had to build anything. But can't deny he's taken those teams to another level, best in the world type stuff, so fair play there.

Don't think he's taken Bayern to another level, that 12-13 edition was as close to a well oiled machine as you could get. Could tell they were going to win it all in January that year.

Since Pep's come in he's dicked around with the formation, moved Bernat, Alaba and Lahm around and tinkered with random players like Gotze and Muller everywhere.

It's like on FM when you win the CL 5 years in a row so you get bored and try and win it playing a CB up front or a 15 year old from your academy and make a big money signing just because you can.

blaze_of_glory

Don't think he's taken Bayern to another level, that 12-13 edition was as close to a well oiled machine as you could get. Could tell they were going to win it all in January that year.

Since Pep's come in he's dicked around with the formation, moved Bernat, Alaba and Lahm around and tinkered with random players like Gotze and Muller everywhere.

It's like on FM when you win the CL 5 years in a row so you get bored and try and win it playing a CB up front or a 15 year old from your academy and make a big money signing just because you can.
True enough, I suppose they were pretty much just as good before he got there.

blaze_of_glory

Well that's not really true as as the Barcelona side he took over from Rijkaard was a mess.
They were still Barca, with their talent pool and money, and only two years removed from winning the Champions League. They made the semi-finals the year before he took over as well didn't they? Not exactly a dire situation to walk into.

Mastadon

Established Member

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Both us and City suffering lots of injuries...

If it continues, screws up our season and United run away with the trophy I'm gonna be sick.

I can totally see it happening, you know. :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Well that's not really true as as the Barcelona side he took over from Rijkaard was a mess.
They were still Barca, with their talent pool and money, and only two years removed from winning the Champions League. They made the semi-finals the year before he took over as well didn't they? Not exactly a dire situation to walk into.
He has won two of their five European Cups and effectively put down the foundations for their third as well. He transformed the club and turned them into one of the greatest club sides ever.

His teams just simply bulldoze the opposition, top manager. He can hardly help it if it's Bayern Munich after him as opposed to Mainz or Man City as opposed to Wigan Atheltetic. Same as the best players in their primes aren't going to sign for their boy hood clubs they are going to sign for the biggest clubs because if their field they are the best

blaze_of_glory

He has won two of their five European Cups and effectively put down the foundations for their third as well. He transformed the club and turned them into one of the greatest club sides ever.

His teams just simply bulldoze the opposition, top manager. He can hardly help it if it's Bayern Munich after him as opposed to Mainz or Man City as opposed to Wigan Atheltetic. Same as the best players in their primes aren't going to sign for their boy hood clubs they are going to sign for the biggest clubs because if their field they are the best
True enough, can't really argue with that.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Love the guy but this is good news for us. At best he'd only be back in time for us.

Sergio Aguero struggling to walk and will miss Manchester City's Champions League clash with Borussia Monchengladbach but Yaya Toure returns to training

It is understood that Aguero is also likely to miss Saturday's league game against Swansea and Pellegrini said: 'It is an injury that he cannot work on.

'He needs time to recover from that problem. It is not a serious injury but it is a pain injury.

'We will have to see how he improves in the next week.'

Aguero is currently struggling to put any pressure on his heel and is restricted to work in the swimming pool.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...h-Borussia-Monchengladbach.html#ixzz3teQsG6xb

Le Professeur

Established Member
Yep, as fragile as he is good, the lad.

They haven't scored in 3 of their last 4 away games I think... Big chance at the Emirates in 2 weeks time.

TheKippaxYears

Sheikh City
You did the business yesterday. Well done.
I signed up on a whim, mainly to comment on the Player Watch thread (see my posts, such as they are, there). Our injury problems are outranked only by yours. And it's a puzzle to me why some clubs seem to be plagued with injuries, year in, year out.
I've never had any issues with your club, or any other, with the exception of United, for obvious reasons. Their arrogance during the years of dominance was insufferable. I've also been physically attacked by rags. This was decades back, in the early seventies. Doesn't tend to foster particularly warm feelings. We lent them our ground to play at during the immediate post-war years, because OT had been bombed out by the Luftwaffe. I don't suppose there's one rag fan in a hundred who's aware of that.
Anyway, see you later, in the CL, perhaps. And this month, of course. Not predicting that one…

Top Bottom