• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Aevi

Hale End FC
Yep, starting CB for the next 10 years!
Stones, Koscielny, Gabriel, Chambers and Per (for one more year) would be an excellent group of CB's
Plus an extra homegrown talent, so we afford to ditch one of the injury prone English lads.
Chambers out on loan too... aaah what a dream.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
So what do we need more in Jan, a CM or a winger?

I'm easy. We could definitely do with either of them.. or ideally both.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Well by the time we get to January Ox, Theo, Ramsey, Wilshere and Alexis should all be available. Welbeck due back to and they're all potential wide options. While by January both our starting deep midfielders will still be out so you might think that'd be more of a necessity.

I don't know, I can see us going for someone like Nolito to be that "extra push" sort of like Arshavin when we were struggling for top 4 in 09. And DM isn't really a position Wenger has traditionally went of his way to get, will probably once again favour the "internal solution".

As for the Stones links, I'd be very pleased if he came. Because I'm not fully convinced a Gabriel-Koscielny partnership will work. It just looks a tad off to me and Stones seems more like a Mertesacker replacement in terms of how he plays as a centre back.

Vibra

Established Member
Ok you were all talking about Aubameyang this whole time, I thought the world had gone mad and you all wanted to pay 30 million for Chicharito (I mean he has a great scoring record for Leverkusen but damn)

Token Yank

We can get Cavani or Ibra if we want.

You're wrong about Higuain mate, never looked better imo, seems a lot more fit than last season too.

Agree about the rest - we should aim for someone like Griezmann.

On another note, can we get over the notion that this whole forum turned down the opportunity to sign PEA, it's simply not true. Most were in favor of signing him, even at the inflated price quoted in the papers.
Seemed like in the summer AM was split on PEA. Half wanted to sign him up at an inflated price and some even said he was better than Reus (actually looks the case at this point, forgot who said that but kudos) the other half said he was Welbeck 2.0 and Wenger would have went for him at St. Etienne if he was interested etc.

Greizmann would be perfect but is he even realistic at this point? Why would he leave Madrid when he choose them over us last summer? Have there been any legit links? Would also be involved in a bidding war with Chelsea and United (potentially City and PSG) surely would be a long shot?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Who would you guys want as striker, and why?

Possible ST options
: Lukaku, Benzema, Griezmann, PEA, Higuain, Vardy, Batshuayi, Ibrahimovic, Cavani.

Personally am a fan of Griezmann, he is a French Walcott (basically means somewhat short, but fast) with good finishing and the ability to head the ball.
I'd take Batshuayi - think he's the next breakout striker.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'd take Batshuayi - think he's the next breakout striker.
I agree, my only concern being that we may need more players that are on form NOW, instead of potentially reaching good form soon. I find him an interesting prospect though.

BTW, forgot to put Lacazette in that list if some of you consider him, though he has been very average thus far this season. Fekir the more interesting player at Lyon.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Fekir, if that injury didn't screw him up is going to be absolutely world class.
I'd love him here but unfortunately that ship has sailed. Can we afford to take on a player who's just torn his ACL? I'd rather not.

We need unbreakable players. Made of steel. Kind of like Giroud, but actually good at football.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I'd love him here but unfortunately that ship has sailed. Can we afford to take on a player who's just torn his ACL? I'd rather not.

We need unbreakable players. Made of steel. Kind of like Giroud, but actually good at football.

Agree, by all means and purposes I personally would like to move Alexis in the striker position and rather fill up with a couple of wingers.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

We gave Theo a 140k while coming back from a ACL injury. ACL injuries arent what they were before unless you try and rush back for a WC like Falcao did.

Two or three decades ago, Walcott would very likely have ‘done’ his whole career as doctors would simply not have known what to do despite a relatively long period of research and surgery. The first surgical repair of an ACL was conducted in 1895 in Leeds by A.W. Mayo Robson who stitched back together the ligament of a miner who had been injured in a fall. Six years later the miner was able to run and walk without limping and reported the knee as being ‘perfectly strong’. Since then the ACL has been treated in a number of different ways to varying success but the present surgery which uses the patellar tendon, which connects the bottom of the kneecap to the shinbone, as a replacement ACL is the most beneficial for athletes. Previously the same tendon had be rerouted through the femur and tibia which was successful for getting people walking again but less successful for getting young men such as Walcott competing at World Cup level again. Now though the patellar tendon is harvested and fed through drilled holes in the femur and tibia, giving a sturdier replacement which can see full function recovered in less than a year after the necessary rehabilitation.

http://www.sportssurgeryclinic.com/...the-anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-injury/342

If he is that good, I havent seem at all pretty much, then a ACL injury shouldnt stop us from going for him if he's rehabilitated correctly.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
We gave Theo a 140k while coming back from a ACL injury. ACL injuries arent what they were before unless you try and rush back for a WC like Falcao did.

http://www.sportssurgeryclinic.com/...the-anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-injury/342

If he is that good, I havent seem at all pretty much, then a ACL injury shouldnt stop us from going for him if he's rehabilitated correctly.
I dunno man, just seems like a risk now. Really had my heart set on Sturridge and Fekir during the summer, but now i just don't see how we can even take the risk of adding more players who have a worrying injury record.

I wouldn't be against swapping one of our injury prone players e.g. Welbeck or Ox for Fekir however..but i wouldn't want to add Fekir on top of the injury prone players we've already got and then end up selling someone like Santi who very rarely gets injured (apart from this one time lol)

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I dunno man, just seems like a risk now. Really had my heart set on Sturridge and Fekir during the summer, but now i just don't see how we can even take the risk of adding more players who have a worrying injury record.

I wouldn't be against swapping one of our injury prone players e.g. Welbeck or Ox for Fekir however..but i wouldn't want to add Fekir on top of the injury prone players we've already got and then end up selling someone like Santi who very rarely gets injured (apart from this one time lol)

Good point, but lets be honest regardless of who we bring in with their durability at previous clubs they will morph into glass the minute the ink dries. :lol::mad:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom