• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yea you're right lets buy ****e players for big bucks like Mendes wants us to.
That's not what I meant don't put words in my mouth. The guy has pretty much every quality player coming out from Portugal.

Are you saying every player from Portugal is ****e?

A lot of witty smart ass posts on this forum ffs. Whatever happened to expressing your opinion without being so condescending?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger might just be too clean cut to work with Mendes.

We're never signing Carvalho, he'll always be linked though, he's a "tough physical mid" and that is apparently the "last piece of the jigsaw".

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wenger might just be too clean cut to work with Mendes.
They have long term issues, think it's something to do with CR7. I think Wenger was called to testify against Mendes in court or something, not too sure on the specifics.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

An agent shouldn't be enough to prevent us signing a player if the player is deemed good enough.

gunnergoa

The thing is Carvalho is a good player it will be interesting to see what happens Wenger likes Carvalho equally as much as he hates Jeorge Mendes. Now all that depends is whether his love for Carvalho supersedes his hatred for Mendes. Will be interesting to see but all will be revealed in January.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
An agent shouldn't be enough to prevent us signing a player if the player is deemed good enough.
It might turn us off if Mendes demands a huge slice of the pie in the transfer, English clubs are already paying nonsensical prices to agents right now, there was a article about it not very long ago.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It might turn us off if Mendes demands a huge slice of the pie in the transfer, English clubs are already paying nonsensical prices to agents right now, there was a article about it not very long ago.
Well sure that's just the price of doing business. An agent is going to take a fee that shouldn't be the deciding factor in us doing business and if it does then for me It's a sackable offence. Leave your personal baggage at the door. If the player is good enough and he is a player we want then fees are irrelevant.

eye4goal

Established Member
Benfica sold Matic mid-season and still went on to win the title, but I think it makes less sense for Sporting to do so with Carvalho, especially when they've not won the title since 2001-02.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Wenger has said in the past he has no problems working with Mendes for a player he really wanted.

That said, there is clearly an issue there.

jarsenal_man

Wenger has said in the past he has no problems working with Mendes for a player he really wanted.

That said, there is clearly an issue there.

I don't think there's an issue so to speak, it's more that Mendes has a great relationship with many other clubs, meaning they essentially get priority on his players.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't think there's an issue so to speak, it's more that Mendes has a great relationship with many other clubs, meaning they essentially get priority on his players.

The issue is that Wenger is only interested in getting value for money in his signings, and no Mendes player will ever be value for money. Maybe if Carvalho can be signed for 10 million, Wenger will bite.

jarsenal_man

The issue is that Wenger is only interested in getting value for money in his signings, and no Mendes player will ever be value for money. Maybe if Carvalho can be signed for 10 million, Wenger will bite.

Numerous articles written after the amount clubs pays to agents were disclosed highlight the importance of agents like Mendes at some clubs. He is essentially an in-house recruiter for many big, big clubs. This is the defining factor in my opinion.

Token Yank

A couple of dubious sources are linking us to Carvalho again. I am bored of the Lemar and Alexis sagas. This guy is the new Benzema, Gourcuff, M'Villa of our windows. What does everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom