• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Wanyama

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Will just copy what I posted in the Wish List thread:

I'm relatively neutral. My dad still rates him off of that one Barca game so no d0ubt he'll like this. I think he's a good player but he's not who I would bring in. We need a more passing DM IMO, someone who can defend as well as help us build from the back. Wanyama is not that guy, he's a straight Coquelin replacement, which probably ticks boxes for many. Think we could and should do better, but he would at least not disrupt the dynamic too much, plus would add some power.

Would prefer Rabiot. Slightly more of a gamble, but has attributes closest to what I think we need for a DM/CM signing.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'd take him on loan for immediate needs but I would not sign him permanently, we should be trying to get the best we can get this coming window.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He might be happy to come here and be a squaddy. Wenger might have his starting midfielders - are the two things I'm thinking on the potential of Wanyama.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I wouldn't mind him all things considered. One profile of midfielder we don't have is a big and strong beast. Wanyama seems comfortable in a proactive style even if not technically much special. Its not an absolute must that we have to assert control with the ball at all times. Its possible to be in control being psychologically and physically dominant in some areas.

And by the way the game is going, getting a playmaker at CB is far more important. We have Kos who is fabulous on the ball, already but John Stones or someone similar to partner him would be perfect for our game and negate our need of a predominantly defensive midfielder with a playmaker's ability.

Also, one of our best developments at the moment is our counterattacking ability with the players that we have. Ceding possession and giving away the ball-in the right area- wouldn't be the end of the world. Unless there is space to exploit in front of you, how do you exploit it? We have to think of the likes of Ramsey, Walcott, Jiroo, Özil and Bellerin, our most important offensive players who thrive with space trying to maximize their output.

jarsenal_man

I think the trait Wenger is looking for the most is a dm that has quick ball recovery. Not sure if Wanyama has this quality but wouldn't be surprised if he favours this attribute over technical ability.

Eduardo_da_Silva

I wouldn't mind him all things considered. One profile of midfielder we don't have is a big and strong beast. Wanyama seems comfortable in a proactive style even if not technically much special. Its not an absolute must that we have to assert control with the ball at all times. Its possible to be in control being psychologically and physically dominant in some areas.

And by the way the game is going, getting a playmaker at CB is far more important. We have Kos who is fabulous on the ball, already but John Stones or someone similar to partner him would be perfect for our game and negate our need of a predominantly defensive midfielder with a playmaker's ability.

Also, one of our best developments at the moment is our counterattacking ability with the players that we have. Ceding possession and giving away the ball-in the right area- wouldn't be the end of the world. Unless there is space to exploit in front of you, how do you exploit it? We have to think of the likes of Ramsey, Walcott, Jiroo, Özil and Bellerin, our most important offensive players who thrive with space trying to maximize their output.

Mats Hummels along Kos would be brilliant!

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Mats Hummels along Kos would be brilliant!
Hummels would be my alternative to Stones but he is overrated defensively and his injury record isn't very inspiring. Stones has some serious potential even if he is not as good on the ball while he is English and so young. He has better recovery speed, too- one of the best running back. Likely to be the England captain after Hart and Jack.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah this guy is bobbins, don't want him anywhere near the club don't even get me started on his elephant touch.

@Furious Styles I'm tryna be you. How did I do?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He'd probably be an upgrade on Flamini to be honest, but nowhere near as good as Coquelin for me.

Bananacoffee

That's fine as he'd replace Flamini, not Coquelin.

We have to bring in a better midfielder but we need bodies too. Don't rate Wanyama myself to be honest so I'm unsure about this deal

Top Bottom