• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

number_0

Established Member
So on twitter I saw a stat that Zlatan has 7 CL knockout goals in 40 games, 4 of which came against Leverkusen.

Pretty poor, no? For someone who's played for Ajax, Juventus, both Milan clubs, Barcelona and PSG.

As I said earlier, just doesn't have those big stage moments. Got sent off against Chelsea too, leaving his team to battle on through without him.

The other two came in a game against arsenal

I wonder who the remaining goal was scored against.

Too all the stat wizards, i wonder how does he compare in the knock out stages with players who are not called ronaldo or messi.
Surely he's not a big game bottler!

ipgs

Wonder if it's mentioned somewhere else.

Zlatan’s dream 5-a-side team (@uefa.com):

• Zlatan Ibrahimovic
  • Lionel Messi
  • Zinedine Zidane
  • Ronaldinho
  • Ronaldo

“I need no defenders, only attackers,” he said.

And it seems that they need to take turns in goal.

ps: this was entered first to the French football thread, I think it'd better be moved here

Last edited:

skip spence

The other two came in a game against arsenal

I wonder who the remaining goal was scored against.

Too all the stat wizards, i wonder how does he compare in the knock out stages with players who are not called ronaldo or messi.
Surely he's not a big game bottler!
Actually I think he has 3 knock-out goals against Arsenal, the bastard.

Wouldn't call him a big game bottler but his record in the CL knock-out stages is suspect. Won't dazzle you with stats but I'm Swedish and have followed his career. And on a few occasions he's been disappointing when it mattered the most, I especially recall him stinking it up in the CL semifinal when at Barca. Other times he's been unlucky. Despite claims to the contrary he is only human, but to say that he's a bottler, nah, wouldn't do that. He has come up with several absolutely crucial goals too, both for club and country.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Wouldn't call him a big game bottler but his record in the CL knock-out stages is suspect. .

Isn't that true of everyone of this generation not named CR or Messi? I don't think Rooney's record in knock out is that great. Aguero can't even lead his team to get to knock outs. Who are some others that have been compared to Zlatan over last 5 years? Falcao? please. Suarez? Not really consistently at that level. Barely had any big games on that stage before last year. RvP? Same. Not consistently world class and never as healthy for his career as Zlatan. Zlatan has been more consistent than just about everyone not CR or Messi. I guess maybe Neymar too but he's about it. To me Zlatan is solidly in that tier behind CR, Messi and maybe Neymar now but no other goal scoring forward in last 5-6 years can really compare to Zlatan's consistency in big games either I don't think? Maybe I am forgetting someone?

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
‘I think a lot will depend on if we finish in the top four, are we going to make the Champions League and attract that sort of player?

‘You know that Zlatan can do a job and N’Golo Kante can do a job for us – I’m sure Leicester fans will be upset with what I said.

‘But those are the kind of guys that we know about that we must try and get.’

- Thierry Henry

say yes

forum master baiter
Zlatan and Kante would improve us so so much.

Can't see us agreeing to Zlatan's wages though.

baccy_man

Established Member
How many games would Zlatan be able to play in a season given his age and the pace of the premier league,
I think he would need to be rotated a fair bit otherwise he would be knackered half way through the season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
How many games would Zlatan be able to play in a season given his age and the pace of the premier league,
I think he would need to be rotated a fair bit otherwise he would be knackered half way through the season.
It's not like he's a midfielder. Don't play him in domestic cup games and rest him against small clubs. No big deal.

SA Gunner

Give me Aubermayang/Lukaku, Alcantara in midfield and a solid defender.

Also bring in Piksi in at number 2.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Zlatan says he's in the best shape of his life, there's no issue there for me in that regard. Could easily get two good seasons out of him.

Proof

Established Member
This Zlatan rumors are not good for my heart. His addition would win us the league.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'll take him, Wilshere can give him his #10 jersey. Hope he puts only "Zlatan" at the back, I would buy that. Sell Giroud, keep Welbeck. Would love Diego Costa to try this guy out haha.

Tbh I always thought he would end up in England at some point, too bad he didn't. Don't think he"ll go to Chelsea (no CL), Manu (no cl/LVG) or City (Pep). So if he wants to come to the BPL we should have a real shot.

SA Gunner

You guys are persuading me here.

Perhaps on a free yes, why not.

#MustNotGetBonerForNothing

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we assume the current top 4 will finish there at the end of the season then United won't be able to offer him CL football, neither will Chelsea and City will have Pep. We're basically the best offer he has in terms of PL clubs.

I'm sorry but you can't pretend you're an ambitious club if a player like Ibra is available, wants to play in the PL and is on a free transfers and not at least try to get him to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom