• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yann M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
vp5g5.jpg

BBF

What does nationality have to do with it?

We've always had two midfielders capable of filling the defensive role, albeit much worse quality than Coquelin and M'Vila.

I think he's referring to the international and domestic competition they face.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
It wouldn't be such a bad idea when you think about it since he is going to be a free agent next summer. We're going to have to replace Flamteta, so that's two players we've had to use frequently regardless of how useful they've been in the past seasons.

Also, given Ramsey's form and performances in CM, Mvila is the more likely player to bring more balance and control compared to Coq while Coq and him could easily play together when required.

That would allow us more financial freedom and strength to focus in other areas we will be needing to deal with. Rosicky will be gone,Debuchy will leave, Per needs upgrading and Jiroo will hit 30 while we could do with another class player in central midfield or wide. Nacho too will be older and Gibbs is unlikely be able to replace him. We are talking a massive make over and a huge amount of money.

Bananacoffee

It wouldn't be such a bad idea when you think about it since he is going to be a free agent next summer. We're going to have to replace Flamteta, so that's two players we've had to use frequently regardless of how useful they've been in the past seasons.

Also, given Ramsey's form and performances in CM, Mvila is the more likely player to bring more balance and control compared to Coq while Coq and him could easily play together when required.

That would allow us more financial freedom and strength to focus in other areas we will be needing to deal with. Rosicky will be gone,Debuchy will leave, Per needs upgrading and Jiroo will hit 30 while we could do with another class player in central midfield or wide. Nacho too will be older and Gibbs is unlikely be able to replace him. We are talking a massive make over and a huge amount of money.

This is a very important point.
People laughed at me for mentioning M'Vila, Medel, Camacho in another thread, but these are the kind of buys that push us forward as it allows for world class players in the starting 11 while adding depth to the squad. We are losing half our midfield in the summer, so we have to get bodies in - they can't all be worldclass players.

M'Vila would certainly be a massive upgrade on both Flamini and Arteta, that's for sure.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
People laughed at me for mentioning M'Vila, Medel, Camacho in another thread, but these are the kind of buys that push us forward as it allows for world class players in the starting 11 while adding depth to the squad. We are losing half our midfield in the summer, so we have to get bodies in - they can't all be worldclass players.

M'Vila would certainly be a massive upgrade on both Flamini and Arteta, that's for sure.

He is probably the type of player that would join us knowing he may not play every game, who is also good enough for us. And that is a difficult player to find. He's doing a good job at Sunderland.

baccy_man

Established Member
I think that we need a replacement for Arteta or Flamini probably both but not sure if this fella is the right guy to replace them,
If he has got all of the personal stuff sorted out then there is a good chance that he can get settled down and play his game,

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

It says it's expiring in '17 here, still could probably do a deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21180592

Don't think we buy a CB or let Debuchy leave. Maybe a forward who can play CAM/WINGS/CF. We have Crowley, Zelalem, Adelaide and Maitland Niles who can take squad roles, 1 or 2 probably will.

4R5Emaniac

It says it's expiring in '17 here, still could probably do a deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21180592

Don't think we buy a CB or let Debuchy leave. Maybe a forward who can play CAM/WINGS/CF. We have Crowley, Zelalem, Adelaide and Maitland Niles who can take squad roles, 1 or 2 probably will.
Not buying a CB would be suicidal and Debuchy is most likely leaving...maybe, even in Jan. Yeah, I guess some of the youngsters will take up squad roles but the point stands that we will be letting go an absolutely huge amount of experience and influence on and off the pitch which will need a lot of work+$$$ to deal with.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Not buying a CB would be suicidal

No it wouldn't Mertesacker has bounced back well and failing him Gabriel and Kosceilny are the best CB pairing in the PL. Chambers is the best 4th choice in the PL.

and Debuchy is most likely leaving...maybe, even in Jan.

Wenger certainly won't let Debuchy leave in Jan whether he's happy or not, he wants him for the squad. In the summer he'll have to get someone to pay a fee and wage for him. He's arguably the best RB back up in the PL, we have no reason to sell and shouldn't. The idea of Jenkinson replacing him in the summer is now looking very unlikely.

Yeah, I guess some of the youngsters will take up squad roles but the point stands that we will be letting go an absolutely huge amount of experience and influence on and off the pitch which will need a lot of work+$$$ to deal with.

That's the thing I'm not sure how much money Kroenke allows Wenger to deal with. If we're lucky it'll be 50m net and I'm not sure who we'd sell to increase our transfer budget. Maybe Chamberlain.

M'Vila for 10 or 15m would be good business.

4R5Emaniac

No it wouldn't Mertesacker has bounced back well and failing him Gabriel and Kosceilny are the best CB pairing in the PL. Chambers is the best 4th choice in the PL.....

I like BFG but imo should be replaced as a sure starter-he is going to decline further next season- and Gabriel while a very good player should be Kos' competition and stand in for now. And we're still unsure what Chambers' best position is while he should be playing regularly. Imo 3 starting quality CB's isn't good enough while one is ageing with obvious flaws.

I agree with you on Debuchy but he is unlikely to stick around beyond the season unless we give him games. You can't and probably shouldn't keep a player who would be unhappy for legit reasons but I don't know. As for Jenks...whether Debuchy leaves-and we get a replacement- or stays I hope we give him a chance if he is willing to fight for his place-its emotional I admit but still. Gab has played RB pretty well for Villareal btw so it won't be the worst decision for Deb to leave without a replacement.

Kroenke's a concern, alrite but we would pretty dumb to risk it. And M'vila may not cost 10/15 as well but don't know.

Sykes

Camacho is someone who's been slept on. I heard we were interested last summer till he got injured or something. Infact, unless we're getting javi martinez, busquets, verrati(who are all better than the coq), we'd be very lucky to have second choice/back up players as good as M'vila.

Sykes

Whether we get a cb probably depends on how Chambers performs as a DM or if Wenger feels Bielik is ready to step up. That is the reason why he'll probably go for people like M'vila or God forbid renews Flamini's contract.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Sad to think about how much of my life over the years went to keeping up with the goings on of Yann freaking M'Vila via this thread....:(:lol:

Token Yank

Thought this guy was a massive troublemaker/headcase which is why we never signed him in the first place, and why he went from potential world class superstar to playing at Rubin Kazan and Sunderland. Has anything changed?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The guy has been outstanding for a **** Sunderland side. Looks levels above the players around him.

His mentality is a worry but he's definitely good enough to play for a top English club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom