• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Wanyama

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Could do a job and would not mind playing from the bench. Flamini and Arteta are (rather should) be done next year and we have some space there for a squad player. In theory we'd see Jack as Mikel's replacement (in the injury department and on the picth) and Victor as Flamini's.

Edit: Not saying we can't find someone better than him or Coq, mind. My preference would be to bring someone in more of an Arteta role, so we'd have a diferent option, etc. etc.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I like the idea of having Coq and Wanyama next to each other in tough games where we must not lose. ie away in CL games, away to City, Utd. Would also be good to bring on to protect a lead. Also we could give Coq a rest when we have a heavy schedule.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I like the idea of having Coq and Wanyama next to each other in tough games where we must not lose. ie away in CL games, away to City, Utd. Would also be good to bring on to protect a lead. Also we could give Coq a rest when we have a heavy schedule.

You want to see who can win the competition of most passes to Mertesacker and the opposition?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He's too limited, we need more than physicality. Especially against big teams you need someone with excellent passing ability to relieve the pressure from the defence.

Coq and Wanyama would be too numb as a pairing, unless we want to approach big games like Mourinho does? Sit back all game and hope to nick a goal from a set-piece.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I take it you dont rate him as a squad player?

I do with a large asterix, he needs a passer next to him much like Coquelin does, so I don't think they could play together. Doubt he's a Wenger player, but maybe Arsène thinks his passing could be tamed, it'd need to be. M'Vila may make more sense for his passing and defensive contribution.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He's too limited, we need more than physicality. Especially against big teams you need someone with excellent passing ability to relieve the pressure from the defence.

Coq and Wanyama would be too numb as a pairing, unless we want to approach big games like Mourinho does? Sit back all game and hope to nick a goal from a set-piece.
In fairness I've seen Wanyama single handled relieve pressure in a worse Celtic team simply by holding people off and bursting through the midfield.

So the idea you need excellent passing is non sense because I've seen it with my own eyes.

NJRider

Always had a soft spot for him but I think we need an Alonso-esq player to partner Ramsey. That gets the best out of not only Ramsey but also Giroud and Özil imo. It's tough on le Coq but he'd still get plenty of games as our ball winner type (plus le Coq is better with Santi who will be off soon imo because he's 31)

gunnergoa

He is a bang average player who has found his level at Southampton. He had one good game and all he tried to do is maim Arsenal players.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom