• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: January 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
The last transfer thread was mental. Hoping some of you can make me laugh during January again.

Only this time Wenger has actually came forward and said he's interested in signing someone. Which unfortunately means we won't be as deprived as we were for a glimmer of hope as we were in the summer.

Oh well. Let the craziness continue.

Bananacoffee

Only one player stands out as being perfect for us while also attainable; William Carvalho.

Everyone else is too bad for our starting 11 / not available in the winter.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm actually starting to think someone in the Xhaka is more likely to be honest.

Coquelin will be back before Cazorla and Flamini is here anyways. Surely it's more of player in the Cazorla/Arteta mold that we're after considering that one is still out until March and the other might as well not be contracted to us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Have it from a good source we're not signing anybody.

Same guy who told me about Wenger signing a new 3 year deal.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I can only see a dm coming maybe. Other than that i think hes quite content unless someone amazing becomes available. I think mata is worth a punt imo.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Have it from a good source we're not signing anybody.

Same guy who told me about Wenger signing a new 3 year deal.

Most likely this.

Wenger will gamble again this window, and its likely to cost us a proper chance at the league.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can only see a dm coming maybe. Other than that i think hes quite content unless someone amazing becomes available. I think mata is worth a punt imo.

We already have 3 DM options including Coq, 4 if you count Chambers.

He's not going to sign a DM in January only to have Coq or the new guy sitting on the bench a month or two later.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He's not going to sign a DM in January only to have Coq or the new guy sitting on the bench a month or two later.
its all about oppurtunity mate!

tim08

This is not true though, we only have 1 DM. Arteta has a chronic calf issue that flares up every time he kicks a ball, he even had an operation last season to cure it but it hasn't worked. I have been a big fan of Arteta, but its clear to everybody he is finished at the top level and cannot be considered a legitimate option.

Coquelin won't be back until March at the very best, and lets face it it will take him a good few weeks to get back into the swing of things. And that's not taking into account the very real possibility that he isn't back in March and suffers some form of setback or slower recovery.

So that just leaves Flamini who is doing a steady job so far but we all shudder to think what will happen when we meet top quality opposition, whilst he is the wrong side of 30 and cant be relied upon to carry the burden game after game. That's also not taking into account he is a suspension waiting to happen.

I know Wenger is very stubborn, but I fail to believe that even he will not address the defensive midfield area in January. He has been making all the right noises when asked about this by the media too, which is very un-Wenger like. Last season he gambled majorly and stuffed up by not signing a CB all summer when we were desperate for one, but to be fair he did go and rectify this by signing Gabriel as soon as the window opened in January. Likewise two years previously he pushed the Monreal transfer forward in January as he realised we were short at full-back.

I'm confident he will do what needs to be done!

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Only players that are actually available. We're talking about players from south america or players from mid table teams who look safe but aren't challenging for European Qualification. Also players with low clauses.

Probably no one but maybe a midfielder. It won't be close to your dream exciting midfield signing though

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

But two of those four will be gone in the summer (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom