• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yann M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJRider

The blokes a t**t. No chance Wenger will go for him because of his off field behaviour imo. We'd have got him from Rennes otherwise.

tim08

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he at Sunderland on a season-long loan? Therefore this is a no-go, as a season-long loan is a season-long loan.

Bananacoffee

We've had plenty of characters with off field issues. I don't give a damn, neither does Wenger apparently.
Doesn't seem as if M'Vila has done anything major since his Rennes time either, and even then it was probably a bit over the top with the critique. If he delivers on the field I don't care if he hit someone for trying to get with his sister.

Besides, Wenger recently confirmed we tried to buy him at Rennes and that he has cleared up his act. If he was good enough to be a starter then he's probably good enough as backup now

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
We've had plenty of characters with off field issues. I don't give a damn, neither does Wenger apparently.

Yes he does actually, one of the first things he does is ask coaches who've worked with the player what they're like as a person. M'Vila's game dropped because of his attitude for a few years.

You're right that Wenger did say he seems to have straightened himself out so maybe we could be back in for him.

adpree

Yes he does actually, one of the first things he does is ask coaches who've worked with the player what they're like as a person. M'Vila's game dropped because of his attitude for a few years.

You're right that Wenger did say he seems to have straightened himself out so maybe we could be back in for him.

Precisely, no way is he going to let anything/anyone mess with the team spirit and cohesion especially a possible rotten Apple in a year we have a shot at the league.

Historically, Wengers tolerance to BS has been minute. Bar possibly Vieira, rest have been shipped out the moment they turned.

Bananacoffee

Everyone does that, off field issues is another concern altogether. We sure have had a lot of idiots compared to how much Wenger supposedly cares for personality.

Bendtner had and still has off field issues, not to mention Van Persie that was a rank one arsehole, on and off the pitch, rapist too. Just off the top of my head.

I don't understand how stuff he did in France years ago affects our willingness to buy him now... Surely if he has the quality and can fit into our team then we should look to buy him?

Bananacoffee

Precisely, no way is he going to let anything/anyone mess with the team spirit and cohesion especially a possible rotten Apple in a year we have a shot at the league.

Historically, Wengers tolerance to BS has been minute. Bar possibly Vieira, rest have been shipped out the moment they turned.

How is M'Vila a "rotten apple"?

Wenger tolerates plenty of off the field antics too - Giroud's still here, Wilshere too, RVP was our first name on the team sheet for a few seasons.

We've had plenty of douches and what seems to be idiots over the years, don't buy the sentiment that Wenger only buys guys that fits into his idea of one happy family. Think we look more at willingness to give your all, discipline etc.

adpree

How is M'Vila a "rotten apple"?

Wenger tolerates plenty of off the field antics too - Giroud's still here, Wilshere too, RVP was our first name on the team sheet for a few seasons.

We've had plenty of douches and what seems to be idiots over the years, don't buy the sentiment that Wenger only buys guys that fits into his idea of one happy family. Think we look more at willingness to give your all, discipline etc.

I mentioned possible rotten Apple. Honestly JM should be at Madrid or Barca if he was half as good as he was dubbed to be a few years back. Somewhere something went wrong and I don't see a lack of talent as he is doing a mighty fine job for Sunderland.

You forget. Anelka, fabregas, Adebayor and rvp were shipped out when their heads were no longer at Arsenal or were holding us for ransom. That's BS enough for me. We made em and they forgot real quick.

We need a one big happy family scenario now, how are we facing piling injuries and fighting for the title ? we have good players but a lot of it is team spirit. These guys actually fight for each other and that's something quality can't fix.

gunnergoa

Yann mVilla, i remember was on the top of wengers list years ago. He was considered next best thing in French football. Had everything the touch the skills and the brains to play in the DM. He might prosper both alongside Rambo and Cazorla. But what needs to be understood is that is he our prime target or secondary target?

Bananacoffee

I mentioned possible rotten Apple. Honestly JM should be at Madrid or Barca if he was half as good as he was dubbed to be a few years back. Somewhere something went wrong and I don't see a lack of talent as he is doing a mighty fine job for Sunderland.

You forget. Anelka, fabregas, Adebayor and rvp were shipped out when their heads were no longer at Arsenal or were holding us for ransom. That's BS enough for me. We made em and they forgot real quick.

We need a one big happy family scenario now, how are we facing piling injuries and fighting for the title ? we have good players but a lot of it is team spirit. These guys actually fight for each other and that's something quality can't fix.

Well all the players you mention were stars here for many years, so yeah we tolerated their BS until we got big money offers for them. Wenger takes plenty of BS if the players deliver on the pitch, as it should be. Doesn't seem to care too much about personality either, some here make it seem as if we only buy guys that fit Wenger's narrow definition of a good person, nah it doesn't work like that.

Agree about your thoughts on M'Vila, I just have it the other way round, think he's better than Sunderland level and could do well here.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Everyone does that, off field issues is another concern altogether. We sure have had a lot of idiots compared to how much Wenger supposedly cares for personality.

Bendtner had and still has off field issues, not to mention Van Persie that was a rank one arsehole, on and off the pitch, rapist too. Just off the top of my head.

I don't understand how stuff he did in France years ago affects our willingness to buy him now... Surely if he has the quality and can fit into our team then we should look to buy him?

Wenger isn't asking his players are saints. He's asking that they're disciplined, not drinking/drugging excessively and that they don't create a bad atmosphere in the camp because of a bad attitude.

Too much immature/lazyness and attitude isn't tolerated. That's partly why Bendtner got dropped (idiocy), why Vela didn't get more chances (lazy), Arshavin got dropped (lazy), Frimpong didn't get more chances (immature) and why Song was shipped out (mixture of attitude issues)

RVP was a model professional for the most part. The rape accusations were probably unfounded.

M'Vila looked a prospect and dropped off because his attitude and professional wasn't up to par at the time.

The young British players at Liverpool in the 90s were as talented as the ones at United but they didn't go down as legends because they weren't as disciplined.

Bananacoffee

I don't know, some of the players that are seen as immature/lazy got plenty of chances here despite that, so I don't agree with that sentiment, but I understand your point.

Back on track with M'Vila - I'm all for second chances, the guy is proving his worth at Sunderland, he deserveth a chance if he is stays on the path of purity (psalm 119:9)

adpree

Well all the players you mention were stars here for many years, so yeah we tolerated their BS until we got big money offers for them. Wenger takes plenty of BS if the players deliver on the pitch, as it should be. Doesn't seem to care too much about personality either, some here make it seem as if we only buy guys that fit Wenger's narrow definition of a good person, nah it doesn't work like that.

Agree about your thoughts on M'Vila, I just have it the other way round, think he's better than Sunderland level and could do well here.

Wenger rarely kept players who had their heads turned or their hearts elsewhere. Recently he was more tolerant with the likes of Fabregas, basically because we could not compete to get an equally good replacement.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yann mVilla, i remember was on the top of wengers list years ago. He was considered next best thing in French football. Had everything the touch the skills and the brains to play in the DM. He might prosper both alongside Rambo and Cazorla. But what needs to be understood is that is he our prime target or secondary target?
That's the thing. He was probably top on our list, not so much Wenger's with all that was going on. He ended up being shunned by the top teams for a reason. I've seen him in a few games for Sunderland and he certainly has skills but I'm not quite as impressed with his ball retention. He can dribble and do some nice things and then next moment he's giving the ball away unnecessarily.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
We were never interested according to Philip Auclair, all those years ago.

Good player, but I don't see a link to even bother posting anymore than I already have.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The talent is there but you can't sign him off of one good premier league season.

This guy was touted to be the next big thing but his attitude let him down, if the attitude is fixed then he could still be a quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom