• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Bald Fraud's Chester City

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I've been reading the post match thread on BlueMoon, it's fantastic. They think they're in a top four race now, that Pellegrini is ****e, and that the ref gave everything to the 'diving wankers in red.' Did they not see Touré and Sterling?

After spending another 100m+ they're 6 behind Leicester, 4 behind us and only 3 in front of the likes of Palace and United, who have been utter ****e themselves. Good times.

Jerome_Gooner

I've been reading the post match thread on BlueMoon, it's fantastic. They think they're in a top four race now, that Pellegrini is ****e, and that the ref gave everything to the 'diving wankers in red.' Did they not see Touré and Sterling?

After spending another 100m+ they're 6 behind Leicester, 4 behind us and only 3 in front of the likes of Palace and United, who have been utter ****e themselves. Good times.

The amount they paid for Otamendi, Mangala and Sterling is hilarious

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Man City really should have been dominating the league by now. The other top teams have been weak since United's 2011 team fell apart, they have near infinite financial resources and a much better infrastructure than the other major billionaire club. Only their mediocre transfer policy and tendency to appoint decent-at-best managers is keeping them from success.

skip spence

Have only watched Man City twice this year and both games they lost (to us and West Ham) so maybe I'm a bit unfair. Yet, although they have undeniable quality going forward they've some glaring deficiencies. Yaya, for a start, is for all his sumptuous skill and flair a rounding cone in central midfield. Fernandinho is having to do the work for two. Even David Silva is putting in more of a shift defensively.

And in the absence of Kompany, Mangala and Otamendi look poor in central defence. Otamendi is a brute but was Giroud's ***** in the aerial duels all night yesterday and Mangala really should've done better tracking his run for the goal. Their team spirit seems to be suspect, and that seem logical for a bunch of rent boys with a lazy egoistical (vice-) captain such as Yaya.

If they don't improve very soon I really fancy our chances against this lot,

TheKippaxYears

Sheikh City
Evening lads, I decided to let the dust settle after yesterday evening. Let me say that you were the better team on the night and deserved your victory. I've posted as much on Blue Moon. There are some mad posts on there after this, anybody would think we're in a relegation battle now!
Our recent league form has been poor, and there's no denying it, but, for what it's worth, I think that's the best we've played in the league for quite some time, if you look at the match as a whole, although virtually nobody seems to be able to see it on BM. I thought the first half was pretty even, but you just scored two classy goals. I've always rated Walcott, and I always say he's the one to keep quiet, if you can. Well, we didn't…
We had fourteen attempts on your goal, but Cech was never really troubled by any of them. I have to say that I thought Yaya's goal was terrific. He can still produce those moments, although they're becoming rare. Cech, who is still a very fine keeper, barely moved for it. He knew.
You've got the advantage. Leicester don't seem to be fading, as I thought they would. If we lose there, then that's a massive 9 point gap, and will be very, very difficult to make up, however long the season is.
You've got to chase them. I don't accept that we're out of it just yet. There's half the season to go. But as far as we're concerned, the next two games, one of which is Leicester away, are crucial.
I just want to add one thing. By comparison with some of the dross I watched at the weekend, and disappointed as I am, I thought that that was a quality game of football, between what are clearly the two best footballing sides. I still think, deep down, it's between you and us. As I say, advantage to you…

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't be too down as a City supporter though I'd question how on earth a team with Aguero, Silva, KDB and Sterling aren't dominating the PL as it is. I know there's been injuries but that front is comfortably the best in this league. Should be ripping apart teams - to have not scored in 3 away games on the bounce is unacceptable.

Anyways, we've got quite a tricky second half to the season, have to go to your lot, United, Anfield, Sp**s, Stoke (our bogey ground). Very tricky indeed. We're also as thin as it gets in terms of squad availability. We need to bring in at least two players in January.

TheKippaxYears

Sheikh City
Stoke's a bogey ground for everyone! Just ask Liverpool what the result was for their last away match of last season ;-) Just ask us, this season (and not only this one…) We positively hate going there. Curious how they manage to beat the big teams, yet remain a mid table club season after season.
Incidentally, of course you're right about that front line and how it seems to be vastly underperforming. However, I don't want to moan about injuries, but it may astonish you to learn that those four have been able to play a grand total of three matches together since the start of the season — I'm pretty sure of that statistic. One of them was Newcastle. Result: 6-1. So yes, there are grounds for supposing that that will work. When they see each other. (Yes, I know that they were all together the other night, but Sergio was just back from a long lay-off, and he was never going to make much of an impact, really. He always takes two or three matches to get up to speed).

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

manchester-city-new-crest.jpg

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/manchester-city-new-badge-leaked-10647835

City's new badge for next season. Think it's a step down from their current one.... The circular badge craze is over saturated in sports right now.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Pelligrini has real issues with this City team. He's not getting the best out of it & without Kompany at the helm, they're rudderless & can't defend for ****. Mangala is a 32M flop - hopeless.

Most think City should be romping the league with the squad they have, I wonder if the "dead man walking" / "lame duck" position of Manuel Pelligrini is subconciously affecting this group of players.

BTW, De Bruyne is one player I'd take off their hands in a heart beat

redanddread

I wouldn't be too down as a City supporter though I'd question how on earth a team with Aguero, Silva, KDB and Sterling aren't dominating the PL as it is. I know there's been injuries but that front is comfortably the best in this league. Should be ripping apart teams - to have not scored in 3 away games on the bounce is unacceptable.

Anyways, we've got quite a tricky second half to the season, have to go to your lot, United, Anfield, Sp**s, Stoke (our bogey ground). Very tricky indeed. We're also as thin as it gets in terms of squad availability. We need to bring in at least two players in January.

Giroud, Walcott, Sanchez, Özil is easily as good and performing better at present.

Kiwi-Gooner

If Wenger was managing City's current squad and Pellegrini Arsenal's, you have to feel that City would be coasting the league with the players they have there.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Not convinced by that badge, looks like they tried to put two badges together with the shield over the circle and I don't understand why they wanted to add light and shade to the ship, it makes it look cheap and fake to me, is the poppy there to reassure us they are a English team?

They are obviously trying to recreate their old badge from the 1960s, but this isn't a great attempt at it, something about the whole thing feels off like something you'd see in PES when they have to make a fake badge and name for the clubs.

Last edited:

redanddread

If Wenger was managing City's current squad and Pellegrini Arsenal's, you have to feel that City would be coasting the league with the players they have there.
Actually, I think we have a better squad when all are fully fit. Aguero is the only player in their squad who I'd say is comfortably better than the corresponding player in our squad. I'd have put Yaya in that same bracket 2 years ago but he's a busted flush now - He's capable of magic but is a defensive liability.

Thomas94

Actually, I think we have a better squad when all are fully fit. Aguero is the only player in their squad who I'd say is comfortably better than the corresponding player in our squad. I'd have put Yaya in that same bracket 2 years ago but he's a busted flush now - He's capable of magic but is a defensive liability.

De Bruyne & Kompany too. We should not underestimate them, certainly not squad-wise

Top Bottom