• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Shelvey is rubbish, his form has totally gone out of the window this season, won't even make Euro 2016 in an era of absolutely brutal and savage midfield options for England.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If any Arsenal midfielder has been exposed in recent times, its Cazorla. He's been dominated a fair bit in the last year.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Guy has done nothing to warrant such a price tag. They bought Fabregas for half the money ffs.

We'd be lucky to get 20M.

Sweggeh

Swansea fans considered Shelvey their best player between him and Ki for the past couple of seasons and Shelvey rightly earned his call up to England (hence why a better team in West Ham are after him). I don't see how Ramsey is on another level from Henderson unless we are looking through rose tinted specs about the the purple patch a couple of years ago considering how Henderson clearly out performed Ramsey? No one can can reasonably debate that Ramsey out performed Henderson last season.

People go on media perception and reputation on judging a player and ignore current form (when I say current I mean the past 1 or 2 seasons).

Just like Chelsea were right to bite PSG hand off for Luiz we should for Ramsey unless his form improves dramatically.
Ki is on another level of Shelvey. And if the likes of Shelvey are Swansea's best players, then Im not surprised they are struggling to avoid relegation.

Its embarrassing how certain parts of our fan base will go as low as to big up crappy players at relegation struggling team just to push their own agenda.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Guy has done nothing to warrant such a price tag. They bought Fabregas for half the money ffs.

Leave it yeah.

Cesc was years ago, prices have gone through the roof since. Cesc also bent us over, so his fee was affected.

Look at the trend of recent years, the big two in Spain like picking up PL players.

Furious

Leave it yeah.

Cesc was years ago, prices have gone through the roof since. Cesc also bent us over, so his fee was affected.

Look at the trend of recent years, the big two in Spain like picking up PL players.

Leave what?

That's true, but Ramsey has still not hit anywhere the levels of the snake.

They've picked world class players, not average ones.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Cesc was only ever going to leave for one club and actively forced his way out. It was either stick with an unsettled captain or take what you could get. The comparison is completely off point.

In a world where Bale went for £85m, David Luiz for £50m and Andy Carroll for £35m, it's not really that difficult to imagine how Ramsey could easily go for £50m given the club he plays for, his goal scoring record etc.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ki is on another level of Shelvey. And if the likes of Shelvey are Swansea's best players, then Im not surprised they are struggling to avoid relegation.

Its embarrassing how certain parts of our fan base will go as low as to big up crappy players at relegation struggling team just to push their own agenda.

I don't have agenda against Ramsey - I lauded him with praise on this forum during these 4 months of excpetional play and I was one of few on this forum defending prior to that purple patch when the majority of this forum were scape goatingg him and wanted him out.

Do you honestly believe Ramsey's performances the past 2 seasons warrant a first team starting spot over Özil at ACM, Cazorla at CM or Campbell on the RW?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Good players.

But they weren't bought for 50M, which Ramsey apparently is worth. :lol:

Vermaelen was a bench warming captain and Song had a purple patch not even close to Ramsey's purple patch. They were also older and inferior players, one of them with a horrendous injury record. Song was also sold before the insane market inflation we've seen in the last couple of years.

A players transfer value isn't always in direct correlation with just their ability; many factors play in. Ramsey's importance to Arsenal and Wenger, his age and his eye for a goal severely inflates his value. Just look at David Luiz ffs, error prone defender with a hint of flair and suddenly he's the most expensive defender ever.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If any Arsenal midfielder has been exposed in recent times, its Cazorla. He's been dominated a fair bit in the last year.

Cazorla and Coquelin partnership has been the main reason since last January we have turned from having an awful record against the top teams to having an excellent one. Look at last season top players thread - the vast majority of posters had Cazorla as being one of our top five players of the season and rightly so.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Lmao, don't you have something relevant to contribute instead of nitpicking. :lol:
No point, this is a nothing rumour. I like Ramsey a lot but there's no way Barca will sign him, let alone pay that kind of fee for him. Besides, he's far more suited to the Premier League than La Liga. If he did go to Spain, I'd see him coming back to England after 2/3 years like Fabregas and possibly Bale.

Furious

Vermaelen was a bench warming captain and Song had a purple patch not even close to Ramsey's purple patch. They were also older and inferior players, one of them with a horrendous injury record. Song was also sold before the insane market inflation we've seen in the last couple of years.

A players transfer value isn't always in direct correlation with just their ability; many factors play in. Ramsey's importance to Arsenal and Wenger, his age and his eye for a goal severely inflates his value. Just look at David Luiz ffs, error prone defender with a hint of flair and suddenly he's the most expensive midfielder ever.

David Luiz has a massive brand, Ramsey doesn't.

There's no way Ramsey is worth that, whatever way you look at it, and especially not for Barca, a team known for their fantastic technical ability throughout the team - an area in which Ramsey lacks considerably.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey would struggle to make Barcelona's bench, come on. We'd probably get 50m or more if we decided to sell him (within the EPL) but Barcelona is one of the last teams that would pay that fee.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
David Luiz has a massive brand, Ramsey doesn't.

There's no way Ramsey is worth that, whatever way you look at it, and especially not for Barca, a team known for their fantatic technical ability throughout the team - an area in which Ramsey lacks considerably.

I don't disagree. He wouldn't fit in for Barca in any way, his currently Arsenal problems would be tripled. No ****ing way his technical ability is good enough when a player like Cesc struggled.

I would still set his value at around £50m though, but a team like Barca just wouldn't be interested. As jones said above, he'd definitely be a £50m player if a team like Man Utd, Chelsea or City came in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom