• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: January 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He's not getting paid 8M a year to make piss-taking remarks like that. Especially after the way he's fu(ked up the last few transfer windows. No one really wants to see him cracking jokes.

Do your job and win the league this season Wenger or GTFO you old dinosaur!

He signed Özil mainly to appease the fans and get then off his back. The Sanchez signing was paid for with the new Puma deal money."

Wenger will pull the trigger on quality if it becomes available and the price is not ridiculous (by his standards).

I'm not saying I completely agree with Wenger's transfer policy, and while his Value/Quality criteria and certain players he chose not to sign are surely debatable, I do think he gets more rights then wrongs in that department.

On Özil, I'm pretty confident that, had Madrid not moved the goalposts with Higuain at the last second and then offered Mesut for us like they did at the end, we would've gone and gotten both.

skip spence

giphy.gif

Sweggeh

Letting Debuchy go and not bringing in a replacement. Why am I ever surprised with this man. He just lets me down again and again.

I look forward to Bellerins inevitable injury derailing our season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger is the best manager in the world when it comes to buying and selling.

Don't let one or two bad windows fool you.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So we just ignore the one or two bad windows? How does that make sense?

Sweggeh

Yeah, it was great when he left us with 2 CBs last year. Absolutely superb business. Yeah it destroyed our season, but still. Wenger da best.

It was also great when he left us with Flamini and Arteta as back up this year. Top, top decision. Nothing bad came from that. Just positivity.

I for one was extremely happy and impressed that we were the only team in Europe to not sign an outfield player in the summer. It just screamed "best in the world".

How about further back. In the summer of Özil, we signed only 2 players and totally ignored all the other problems in our team. But Wenger is the best in the world, so we must have won the title anyway? Oh, we didn't? Well, still, Wenger is GOAT.

How bout the summer he went into the season with a terrible team, lost 8-2 to United and then panic bought 5 players on deadline day? That planning. That foresight. That devastating efficiency.

Got to love Wenger.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So we just ignore the one or two bad windows? How does that make sense?

Who said anything about ignore?

Reading some of these posts you would think Wenger is rubbish most of the time, and when good, its put down as luck.

Wenger gas been here 20 years, for most of those years he's done good business, recently he's been poor though. Balance, maybe.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Who said anything about ignore?

Reading some of these posts you would think Wenger is rubbish most of the time, and when good, its put down as luck.

Wenger gas been here 20 years, for most of those years he's done good business, recently he's been poor though. Balance, maybe.
I dunno, I can't overlook some of the recent decisions he's made. No denying he was great in the past but the rest have caught up.

The DM situation this summer and the CB one last summer was some of the worst management I've seen.

Best in the world when it comes to value for money but when it comes to squad management he's been found wanting in recent years imo.

skip spence

I said in early December that Wenger would definitely buy a central midfielder for the first team but probably nothing more. Turned out to be true and frankly it is hard to see what else business would improve us. Taking the chance on some 2nd/3rd tire striker or winger would likely only cause disruptions for the team. Walcott, Giroud and Welbz will have to do, I support that decision.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Get a grip, it was clear when we signed the pharaoh we were done. Personally think this part of the forum should be locked for good.

We went a whole summer without signing an outfield player people.
Wowowow...

Messi might still knock on the door, remember?

Sweggeh

Get a grip, it was clear when we signed the pharaoh we were done. Personally think this part of the forum should be locked for good.

We went a whole summer without signing an outfield player people.

That is the entire problem!

If we had done adequate business in the summer, Elneny + the 2 Nigerian lads would have been a decent January window.

But now this window looks ****.

The January window is like a beverage, while the summer window is a nice meal. If the meal was good, the beverage is enough to wash it down. But if you didn't have anything to eat to begin with, the beverage won't help because WE ARE STILL HUNGRY AS FUK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom