• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Should really be Alexis-Welbeck-Campbell.
That lineup theoretically should be sick. Great passers on the outside with a tireless runner inside. Deadly through balls for days. If you also have an agreement between Alexis and Campbell to selectively go into the midfield instead of flooding it together, so basically they control themselves a bit more, that's the "constant cutting in" problem gone. Basically, whoever doesn't have the ball stays on the flank. They also are ll players with the ability to play anywhere on the front line. Imagine them confusing defenders with constant alternations in positions :drool:

Dying to see this in action.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So annoying he has near Giroud level pace, only thing that's held him back.

Good player to have around, I just wonder if his grown to frustrated.

Think it's the lack of explosiveness , he can improve that . Not a dribbler but his decision making and how he sees the game is of a high standard for lack of a better word.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Both him and Özil revived Wengerball.

His assist for Theo was phenomenal. I anticipated he would make that pass, I knew it by heart. The weight and speed of the pass was perfect, it went through 2-3 players like a hot knife cutting a brick of butter. When you watch it live, you'll scratch your head and say "what's so hard to intercept that ball?".

But that's the art mate. That's THE perfect pass. That's Joel pulling off a classic Wengerball.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Love him. He was our best player today. I've said that so many times this season.

Aztec_Pharaoh07

The pass to Theo for his first was awesome. The thing is when was the last time we saw Ox or Theo making that sort of pass? That's the difference between the quality of these players, he is far more superior technically than both Ox and Theo. Both Englishmen have good pace and may be a bit of dribbling skills (in case of Ox) but that's about it. Campbell controls the ball well, has an eye for a killer pass, puts in a shift and links up with the forwards well. The only thing lacking is perhaps more goals or some pace. But again, how many goals has Ox scored? I hope Wenger keeps playing him.

Last edited:

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Much better option on our RW than Ramsey, or any other guy atm. Has the creative qualities, can be direct when he wants, brilliant at retaining the ball, has the technical ability to play one touch passes, brilliant defensively. Only thing holding him back is his pace and a lack of quality shots at goal.

Hoping we see Alexis-Welbeck- Campbell ASAP.

Still think Wenger will probably shift Campbell before any other wingers this summer unfortunately. Would be completely different if Campbell was part of this 'British Core'.

dysphoria

Established Member
Has technique, passing ability, vision and footballing intelligence not to mention work rate and penchant to put in a tackle when necessary.

Don't see why he isn't ahead of the ox or theo in the pecking order for that wide right spot, if we're not going to get a player of sanchez's level for the right midfield spot(and we won't), we could do a lot worse than playing campbell there.

People like to mention how the ox apparently has a "higher ceiling" but lets not forget how mentally capable joel is, he spearheaded his country's attack during the WC, he's clearly capable of handling the pressure and this is essentially his debut season where he's done very well.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
"Giroud's level pace" :lol:

His pace is severely underrated by some. Not the fastest but definitely no slouch either. He is at least as quick as Monreal.

Another good performance, even though it isn't surprising anymore to most of us. Thinking about it, he has a chance to finish in 3rd for POTY award for us if he keeps going. That's how bad the rest is right now. Only Özil and Cech has been more useful in the entire season.

Fun fact: In 17 starts this season, Campbell has been voted as MOTM by fans in 6 of them.

Aztec_Pharaoh07

Much better option on our RW than Ramsey, or any other guy atm. Has the creative qualities, can be direct when he wants, brilliant at retaining the ball, has the technical ability to play one touch passes, brilliant defensively. Only thing holding him back is his pace and a lack of quality shots at goal.

Hoping we see Alexis-Welbeck- Campbell ASAP.

Still think Wenger will probably shift Campbell before any other wingers this summer unfortunately. Would be completely different if Campbell was part of this 'British Core'.

Completely agree with you. The problem is that this "british core" doesn't have the intelligence to go Beyond a certain level. Wilshere or Welbeck these days, seem to be better than the rest. But Ox and Theo simply don't cut it for me. Ox has an advantage over Theo as he is still quite Young.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Both him and Özil revived Wengerball.

His assist for Theo was phenomenal. I anticipated he would make that pass, I knew it by heart. The weight and speed of the pass was perfect, it went through 2-3 players like a hot knife cutting a brick of butter. When you watch it live, you'll scratch your head and say "what's so hard to intercept that ball?".

But that's the art mate. That's THE perfect pass. That's Joel pulling off a classic Wengerball.

I definitely agree. I don't know whether it is down to camera angles or the fact that I am right-handed, but the passes, shots, crosses from players with left leg, to me always look much more "artistic" for lack of better word. It seems like they curl more, are more precise and even the keepers have more difficulty in saving them curlers.

E.g. last night that pass from Campbell was sublime, but then that curler from Gibbs was equally majestic. Shame it didn't go in.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Love him. He was our best player today. I've said that so many times this season.

You thought that United kid was better than he was at the start of the season . I actually can't remember the kids name :lol:. Poor kid he actually had a bit of talent.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You thought that United kid was better than he was at the start of the season . I actually can't remember the kids name :lol:. Poor kid he actually had a bit of talent.
Which United kid? You'll have to remind me. Was it perhaps Memphis Depay? I still think Depay is better. lol Doesn't mean I love Campbell any less, I have a big heart.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Which United kid? You'll have to remind me. Was it perhaps Memphis Depay? I still think Depay is better. lol Doesn't mean I love Campbell any less, I have a big heart.

Was the Enlgish kid that replaced Welbeck in the United squad . You remember you wanted him here on loan ? He was hot property , just looked it up -James Wilson .:) Think he's on loan somewhere.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Over the moon that this guy is proving me right with his performances, I said at the start of the campaign he should be our first choice Right midfielder from the options we had whilst everyone on here was saying he's finished here but now theres no doubt imo that Campbell should be starting every game RW for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom