• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Toni Kroos

say yes

forum master baiter
Don't understand why people are saying players like Kante would be a better fit for us, you can't play 2 ball winning midfielders in a 2 man midfield like ours. Where does the build up come from? Where's the controller?

Coquelin - Kante would be a rubbish midfield pairing, no balance.

Guessing people are saying that because they think Kante is more of an upgrade on Coquelin than Kroos is on Wilshere/Cazorla/Ramsey.

BBF

Kroos isn't a ball winner though, and that isn't the role he'd play here. Coquelin would be the one making the majority of the tackles.

Kroos would add balance to the midfield. It's going to be very difficult to find someone who can act as both ball winner AND dlp, unfortunately there aren't many Sergio Busquets' knocking about.

Kroos isn't bad defensively, but he's being asked to play as the only deep lying midfielder at Madrid, often partnered in a 3 man midfield with Modric and Isco/James etc, understandably he struggles with that. Here he'd be partnered with a more defensively minded midfielder in Coquelin, which would eliminate all of the defensive issues he's had at Madrid.

He is perfect for us.

That wasn't what I was arguing, you've taken it out of context. I was arguing that the Madrid midfield gets overrun when he's playing beside another CM. He's played DM for 35% of his games there, and he's been terrible. I don't rely on stats, but I've backed it up, you can watch any game he's started for Madrid and you'll see it.

The ball winner and DLP thing is a myth too. We had one a couple of years ago and he wasn't Busquets was he? We don't need a DM to ping assist from our box, we need a player who's good technically and can pass further than 15 yards without ****ting the bed.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
That wasn't what I was arguing, you've taken it out of context. I was arguing that the Madrid midfield gets overrun when he's playing beside another CM. He's played DM for 35% of his games there, and he's been terrible. I don't rely on stats, but I've backed it up, you can watch any game he's started for Madrid and you'll see it.

The ball winner and DLP thing is a myth too. We had one a couple of years ago and he wasn't Busquets was he? We don't need a DM to ping assist from our box, we need a player who's good technically and can pass further than 15 yards without ****ting the bed.
But being a playmaker and playing between two other playmkers who were adjusted to a central midfield role to begin with was always going to be difficult. Or with another central midfielder who isn't predominantly a defensive player with legs to get up and down.

Pirlo's biggest success periods coincided with playing between two more well rounded energetic or defensive players. Everyone isn't Busquets and he is not fully responsible with creating for his team. Fitting in Kroos in a central midfield role won't be a problem for us, imo.

BBF

What do you think of Kroos as the more advanced midfielder with a DM behind him @BBF ?

Think he'd be a massive improvement on Cazorla/Ramsey.

It would be for sure, even if I don't rate him defensively. I'm not knocking him at all, he's a quality player, but if you're spending £35m+ on a signing you need you don't want Toni Kroos. He isn't a game changer for us.

Prawn Sandwich

I'm thinking Kroos can be a utility type quality player. Could be very useful for us in a similar way to what I'd hoped we could have got from A. Vidal last summer, but which wasn't to be.

A player who can compete in his own right for his favoured starting midfield position. But who could also, when Cazorla/Coquelin was injured, offer better cover than what we have for either role.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Overatted but just reaching the prime years of a midfielder. I would prefer other players but wouldn't say no.

At least the guys a winner.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I love this forum. We have Arteta, Flamini, Coquelin, Cazorla and Ramsey and Elneny as deep midfield options and people are turning the noses up at Toni Kroos? Amazing.

Anyway, he's world class. Would be an Özil level signing. I can't see why Madrid would be looking to sell though?
lol he is not world class, he is a good footballer with a nice shoot.
He would be a good signing because we are going to need bodies in the middle of the park, but he cant be used as a DM, he is a box to box on Ramsey`s molde, and there is no much difference bettween the 2.

Reactions: BBF

adpree

He can control the tempo of a game, no doubt. But I've seen him get dominated without the ball in a two man midfield so many times. He looks like a lost puppy out there.

Yeah I get the same feeling. Does not really impose himself in a game, which players in his position do. Excellent passer though.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Overrated but still ****s on any midfielder we have from a heavenly height.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He wasn't even that good and Bayern. A lot of hype. He never had any stand out abilities.
Technically excellent. One of the best strikers of a ball you'll see, very two footed as well.

Not a good fit for us though. I love Özil but having a two man midfield really limits the kind of CM's we can sign. I could see him doing well with a 13/14 season Ramsey next to him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom