• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Atmosphere at Emirates

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought the atmosphere was the best it's been in ages on Sunday. I hope the fans keep it up for the remaining games, six left, make the Emirates a fortress.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the atmosphere is generally good during big and important games. Unfortunately the crowd are of quite a high age as the tickets are so expensive, so living through quite a successful Wenger era has built up an aura of expectancy.

By this I mean that the fans expect the team to win every single fixture other than the big games where they expect a more difficult match. Therefore the crowd are quiet and are just waiting expecting to be entertained. When it isn't quite clicking, the crowd mutter and groan at every misplaced pass fueling the anxiety of the players and wonder why we bottle so many matches.

The atmosphere is quite toxic unless it is an important game. I don't actually enjoy being at the Emirates for the smaller matches.

stajlarN

I was there when Arsenal won 4-1 against Liverpool, unfortunately I could barely hear anything because my ears were messed up from the flight. I know I screamed/sang almost the entire game, I wonder if people thought I was crazy

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Saw this and wondered what you guys think? I think it'd be good if used correctly..

Couldn't bare a drum banging in my ear during our annual loss to Swansea though

CJJ

Established Member
Ofc get a drum! And start singing more! Emirates are awfully quiet right now. Don't understand how you can be against it, we need to make more noise!

Heisenberg

Getting some crazy lads with megaphones would do the job. They can organise the singing, they can sync the singing (often a problem a problem with North Bank on one chant, Clock End with another).
And of course, all "singers" should be located together.

I'm quite sure it's similar in Germany; there must be some organiser too; Dortmund etc.

Example from Denmark:
And a better example, go to 8 min plus:
And a even better one:

Last edited:
Having sat in block 21 for a while now i have to say the atmosphere is amazing the different variety of chants in this section just shows the creativity and passion of the fans

CJJ

Established Member
Getting some crazy lads with megaphones would do the job. They can organise the singing, they can sync the singing (often a problem a problem with North Bank on one chant, Clock End with another).
And of course, all "singers" should be located together.

I'm quite sure it's similar in Germany; there must be some organiser too; Dortmund etc.

Example from Denmark:
And a better example, go to 8 min plus:
And a even better one:
How funny you mention videos from that club. :D
I've both played for Brøndby's first team in my youth years until i got terribly injured, and also went to many home games there as a supporter since.

I can only speak highly of their home stadium. And i just wish Emirates would just make half the noise.

That being said, i think the english stadiums due to their "all have to be seated" rule, might have issues with this way of supporting. Unfortunately.

Tricolore

Hate myself for saying it, but easily the worst PL atmosphere one can experience is at the Emirates. It wont change any bit if you just put somebody with a megaphone in front - I am sorry to say it, but on a bad night the Emirates' goers get on the team's back quicker than Usain Bolt finishes sprints. You just can not make the majority of these people support Arsenal as passionately as the people do with their respective team in the videos above. Getting to such level of support takes years and years, it does not happen within the snap-of-a-finger. As someone who has been season-ticket holder for years and is passionate supporter of a club (my local club, supporting it since I was 5, way before I knew about Arsenal) where the ultras are mental, I know how hard it is to build on and consistenly reach such level of support among the fans.

The modern game is pricing passionate people away. The casual fans are no longer supporters, they are customers. They dont feel the need to get behind the team.

CJJ

Established Member
Hate myself for saying it, but easily the worst PL atmosphere one can experience is at the Emirates. It wont change any bit if you just put somebody with a megaphone in front - I am sorry to say it, but on a bad night the Emirates' goers get on the team's back quicker than Usain Bolt finishes sprints. You just can not make the majority of these people support Arsenal as passionately as the people do with their respective team in the videos above. Getting to such level of support takes years and years, it does not happen within the snap-of-a-finger. As someone who has been season-ticket holder for years and is passionate supporter of a club (my local club, supporting it since I was 5, way before I knew about Arsenal) where the ultras are mental, I know how hard it is to build on and consistenly reach such level of support among the fans.

The modern game is pricing passionate people away. The casual fans are no longer supporters, they are customers. They dont feel the need to get behind the team.
I think you'd be surprised. I speak from experience as i've been to the said stadiums from above. There's maybe 200-300 "hardcore" fans standing at the middle who sings their lungs out, and that's enough to make the rest sing as well.
So i genuinly think that a few megaphones and a few hundred dedicated supportes who know Arsenal's chants could do wonders. It spreads.

Tricolore

I think you'd be surprised. I speak from experience as i've been to the said stadiums from above. There's maybe 200-300 "hardcore" fans standing at the middle who sings their lungs out, and that's enough to make the rest sing as well.
So i genuinly think that a few megaphones and a few hundred dedicated supportes who know Arsenal's chants could do wonders. It spreads.
Few hundred is a laughable number, really. You'll have the rest (including day trippers) moaning - sit down, stop shouting, etc. You will never ever have a proper support out of a sector with people who constantly boo or bash the team. Have a quick look on the ArsenalFanTV, how many of these guys do you think are up to it?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom