• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kostas Manolas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Konstantinos "Kostas" Manolas

manolas.jpg

Born/age: Jun 14, 1991 (24)
Place of birth: Naxos, Greece
Nationality:
56.png
Greece
Current Club: Roma
Height: 1,86 m
Position: Centre Back

FootballInsider currently claims someone from the Arsenal recruitment team has tipped them on interest for Manolas, and the Mirror claims he is one of our three main targets during the summer to fix our spine (along with Morata and Xhaka). Sources:

http://www.footballinsider247.com/r...r-24-year-old-two-years-after-deal-collapsed/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-back-transfer-targets-alvaro-7709529

We would be facing competition from Chelsea, as reported, for his signature. A new plan from Conte may seem attractive, but we have CL football next season and could also probably guarantee a 1st team position now.

Here are some games of his with his whole performance, pretty good indicator of what kind of player he is:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honestly sounds like they've been reading AM. Not a sniff of interest, a few people wish list him then bang.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Didnt he link us to trying to sign Suarez and Rooney together that summer? :lol:
Yep, classic Veysey move to throw as much **** at the wall as possible and see what sticks.

Anyway, Manolas would be a really good signing. Doesn't seem realistic though.

Malky

Established Member
Not a chance we're paying £30M for a CB, even if Manolas is quality. Wenger will stick with and give more time to Kos/Gabriel. More likely Bielik will be promoted to the first team squad.

Dynamic

Way beyond our budget for a CB. I don't think that signing a CB is a top priority for Wenger, thus we won't go for someone that expensive.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Don't know this guy, how good is he? Looks strong and good in the air in the videos but also rather slow. Anyone with a more extensive assessment? Thanks

Bananacoffee

Should have bought him 2 years ago this is what happens when you sit on your hands.

Not really, huge question marks over his ability back then, still is tbh.

Has really grown at Roma, but I always worry when buying defenders from Serie A. That league has a tendency to make mediocre defenders look like Maldini. Most get shown up when they move elsewhere.

Impact

Established Member
Don't know this guy, how good is he? Looks strong and good in the air in the videos but also rather slow. Anyone with a more extensive assessment? Thanks

Technically proficient for a centre-back. Has the ability to play the ball out in the first phase and also is a very good dribbler under pressure - although this can leave the team exposed. Physically strong but also has the desire/passion to impose himself physically. Relishes the battle. Ferocious in the tackle too. A really good one-to-one defender. His decision-making isn't what it needs to be yet. He also benefits from being a part of a tactical system that rarely leaves him exposed. And he is not a particularly vocal organiser. I think he's slower than Koscielny/Gabriel but isn't a slouch.

tim08

Think this guy is the real deal, physically imposing and tough yet good on the ball. Would be a big upgrade on Per and would be somebody who could come in and instantly improve the starting 11.

If Roma want £30m then pay it, top young CB's are worth their weight in gold.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Not really, huge question marks over his ability back then, still is tbh.

Has really grown at Roma, but I always worry when buying defenders from Serie A. That league has a tendency to make mediocre defenders look like Maldini. Most get shown up when they move elsewhere.
Dont agree he showed signs of promise before the move to rome tbf.

Reactions: BBF

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He will go to Chelsea, CL or not! I would love Wenger to prove me wrong but I dont fancy our chances.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We have 4 CB's. Don't get sucked into the hype.

Arsenal aren't signing any central defenders.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good defender should have bought him before his move to Roma. i want him to replace Mertesacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom