• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry

Biggest ***** in the Arsenal Blogosphere?

• Arseblog

• Le Grove

• Gunnerblog

• Tim Stillman

Results are only viewable after voting.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I've fallen so heavily out of love with Wenger that a lot of respect has gone. That's the honest truth. Previously, I wanted him to bow out in glory, preferably after the FA Cup in 2014. Unfortunately it never happened, and I just want him out. I don't care how, or why, I just want him gone.

He's not getting the results, and making a quite frankly fantastic squad - barring a few areas - look average. He's not motivating the players, that's the beginning and end of the matter, and thus he's not performing at the very base level of what his job is.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Even if we'd had beaten United, Swansea, Sp**s and West Ham...... Leicester would still be top at this moment in time.......

Bearded Toaster

Equally angry as Furious
I think the best thing is to laugh instead of crying/getting angry because you'll end up having a heart attack or some random episode which will do us no favours. It's the manner of how we're losing which is the main/only culprit to our - lets face it - best chance of winning the league in a long time.

Now I know (unlike some supporters in our and other fanbases) that we don't have any given right to win every single game, but the way we've thrown away winable games and ones which we should be winning, due to poor performances by certain players, poor team selection(s), playing players when they are out of form, not playing players who are IN form, not purchasing/getting rid of players in last years transfer window and only buying Elneney in the january window has really been our undoing this season and one could argue in previous seasons too.

There is only person who can really take the brunt of our frustrations and that is the manager. Now I'm not here to tarnish wenger with all the blame because the board need to take some of the flack too, as it seems they are happy with what's going on with our club - finish top 4 and have a half decent run in the champions league or maybe win the FA cup to keep the fans happy.

What baffles me (and probably alot of other people) is that how we - the fans, the pundits, the media and so forth can all see the failings at Arsenal, positions we need reinforcements in or changes to personel etc but our manager who is paid 8 million pound a year, who for some unknown bizzare reason can't see it - bit like in the old days of "I didn't see it" excuse :lol:.

So all in all, lets just get our top 4 finish and not dwell on "what could of been" and hope for change in time for next season.

Mr Drummond

That's because we also had truly embarrassing brainfarts against the likes of west brom, norwich, liverpool, southampton, this ****ing season has been shambolic.
So basically we should have gone undefeated?

Anyway, his quote is misleading. We wouldn't be top only because we'd have a game in hand against West Brom. Win that and we'd be top.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

In a season where Liverpool, Chelsea, United and City are all over the place we still managed to make ourselves look like clowns. Still, how **** our season had been, somehow theirs have been worse. It's unbelievable really,

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
zjzf9u.jpg
That's just gold:lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This thread has reminded me just how much of a clusterfuck this season has been. We at Arsenal always find ways to out-do ourselves in terms of embarrassing moments.

The best way to summarise our season is this...

Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City & Chelsea have ALL had poor league campaigns.

Yet WE are still 3rd.

What excuse is there? All the "main competitors" have failed this season, yet we couldn't bring home the title. Speaks volumes tbh. There needs to be a serious inquest.

After five years we will finish second and Wenger will say: "Look, when you don't finish second for a long time there will become a mental block, I'm happy we are finally over it. We will now aim to finish second more often!"

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I think the best thing is to laugh instead of crying/getting angry because you'll end up having a heart attack or some random episode which will do us no favours. It's the manner of how we're losing which is the main/only culprit to our - lets face it - best chance of winning the league in a long time.

Now I know (unlike some supporters in our and other fanbases) that we don't have any given right to win every single game, but the way we've thrown away winable games and ones which we should be winning, due to poor performances by certain players, poor team selection(s), playing players when they are out of form, not playing players who are IN form, not purchasing/getting rid of players in last years transfer window and only buying Elneney in the january window has really been our undoing this season and one could argue in previous seasons too.

There is only person who can really take the brunt of our frustrations and that is the manager. Now I'm not here to tarnish wenger with all the blame because the board need to take some of the flack too, as it seems they are happy with what's going on with our club - finish top 4 and have a half decent run in the champions league or maybe win the FA cup to keep the fans happy.

What baffles me (and probably alot of other people) is that how we - the fans, the pundits, the media and so forth can all see the failings at Arsenal, positions we need reinforcements in or changes to personel etc but our manager who is paid 8 million pound a year, who for some unknown bizzare reason can't see it - bit like in the old days of "I didn't see it" excuse :lol:.

So all in all, lets just get our top 4 finish and not dwell on "what could of been" and hope for change in time for next season.
The equally sad thing is that we won't get anything different next season. I think a large portion of the fan base has fallen out of love with Wenger this season but don't bet for aminute that it will be any different next. Like HYDRO, I'm consigned to going down with the SS Wenger - doesn't make it any easier but I'm resigned to it.

He will not get an extension though.

Top Bottom