• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wojciech Szczesny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-goalkeeper-wojciech-szczesny-wants-roma-stay

The 26-year-old feels his future lies in the Italian capital, telling Il Messaggero: "I want to stay.
It's not all up to me, obviously. I want it to happen, and I know Roma and Arsenal are talking about it, so we'll see what happens".

"I'm happy to have helped the team and winning the title must be the next objective for this club."

Sounds like he will be sold in the summer. Not a big loss and hopefully some income to add to our transfer budget, though most likely to goto our cash reserves.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Done quite well at Roma, surprised he doesn't want to come back but it did sound like he had a bit of a falling out with Wenger.

Malky

Established Member
Nothing in this, he's only wanting to stay at Roma on loan for another season. Szczesny put on Twitter/Facebook that the media are ****s because they've twisted his words to make a story that he wants out of Arsenal.

Proof

Established Member
We should extend his loan. He is too good to be a back-up and I believe he still has a future at Arsenal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
As Malky said:
Cg-xqpIWgAAQZgb.jpg

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Hope he does stay there, what I've read is that he's the same old Woj, which I honestly cannot be bothered with any more.

Mastadon

Established Member
Sell with buyback clause would be ideal. Cech will be our keeper for another few years Chesney won't be taking his place anytime soon.

Heard he has done well. Hopefully we can loan him again, and milk the last year out of Cech and take the situation from there.

Like the lad.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Thinking of our keeper situation since 07' to Cech is just infuriating.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i don't either Szczesny or Ospina will stay here next season both want to be starters not backups.

he done well for Roma but every time i watch him he make shocking mistakes.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He seems to have settled down recently and performing better. I remember when he first went there you were seeing a mistake of his on social media every other week. I don’t see much benefit in persisting with him as goalkeepers are usually very cheap. Chelsea got Begovic for £8M ffs.

Given how inexpensive keepers are I think even when we had very limited resources not buying a competent keeper was one of the worse decesions

BobP

Memri Fan
He seems to have settled down recently and performing better. I remember when he first went there you were seeing a mistake of his on social media every other week. I don’t see much benefit in persisting with him as goalkeepers are usually very cheap. Chelsea got Begovic for £8M ffs.

Given how inexpensive keepers are I think even when we had very limited resources not buying a competent keeper was one of the worse decesions

You make a good point about keepers being cheap.

It made me think about Wenger's negligence and us having us endure the Almunia, Mannone and Fabianski years.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Read his Facebook, putting the media rumours on blast. Think he just wants to stay there for another year right now.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Whatever, I like the look of Martinez anyways. Hope he takes Ospina's place next year and learns from Cech. He's been great at Wolverhampton... at least he was good when he played.

Szczęsny can go out for another loan, we don't lose anything from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom