• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Janssen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think looking at the number of goals he scores has slight value. What is more important is the type of goal he scoresaid and if you look at all of them he has a massive variety. He scores with literally both feet in almost equal amounts. He scores frome outside the box, he scores headers, he makes assists and he is a very physical player. You only have to watch the England game to see him hold his own. I also like the fact that he is a striker who takes penalties.

There is a double standard on this forum. We all want a better striker but he either has to be world class or an up and coming player. The world class players coSt in excess of 60 million and I'm sorry to break it to you but those players want to go to bigger clubs. The up and coming players we want are brainless centre forwards with pace and skill but not much else. We need a player who knows where the back of the net is, who would fit in and offer more than Giroud. We could wait for Janssen to carry on scoring and then fail to get him next season. Or we could take a risk and get him.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

that so cheap for today market. i really would take this guy for that price if we sell theo and welbeck injury is long term one.
Players in the Dutch league are pretty cheap.

Ajax wanted to buy Haller from Utrecht and they wanted 8M for him and he is one of the better strikers in the league. So I don't think Janssen would be much more expensive.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's the type of player I wouldn't mind us signing along with someone more established, for example Sturridge.

Top clubs should have a high turn over rate when it comes to squad players. Let's say we sign him for 12-15M he flops and we sell him for 5M. No big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Obviously there's better prospects out there but we need to start looking for the next top CF, we definitely can't afford (or attract) the established ones.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think looking at the number of goals he scores has slight value. What is more important is the type of goal he scoresaid and if you look at all of them he has a massive variety. He scores with literally both feet in almost equal amounts. He scores frome outside the box, he scores headers, he makes assists and he is a very physical player. You only have to watch the England game to see him hold his own. I also like the fact that he is a striker who takes penalties.

There is a double standard on this forum. We all want a better striker but he either has to be world class or an up and coming player. The world class players coSt in excess of 60 million and I'm sorry to break it to you but those players want to go to bigger clubs. The up and coming players we want are brainless centre forwards with pace and skill but not much else. We need a player who knows where the back of the net is, who would fit in and offer more than Giroud. We could wait for Janssen to carry on scoring and then fail to get him next season. Or we could take a risk and get him.

Top post mate and fully agree.

Trilly, ironically was just about to say that, if this guy is going for around 10-15M we should buy him.

Then we should go and get somebody more established; Sturridge, even Icardi.

Then we sell Giroud.

It spreads the risk and altogether we probably spend a net of around 40m (depending how much we got for Giroud).

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I really doubt if he's the man for Arsenal. This is not going to be the new Henry / RVP striker we all want. More a younger, slightly better version of Giroud.

Heisenberg

Signing af guy like this fellow is a gamble. With our situation a gamle is not the option to go for. Or is it?

Plenty of clubs are striker hunting, and the number of quality striker not already settled in a big club is limited.

I do not know about this guy apart from what YouTube can provide. However, he seems to have a natural born instinct for scoring goals. Not all strikers have not that, but when they have it, limited talent can take them pretty damn far.

If I was in charge of a smaller PL club with striker issues, I would definitely ask my scouts about him in great detail. West Ham or similar could also be very interested in a guy like this.

I am not saying he is a player we must sign. He is a player who potentially could be a qualified option if other more proven strikers are complete unavailable. And lets say the majority of our money is used on Xhaka and another player (CB, winger), and we 'only' have a smaller amount for a striker; then Janssen could be a fair gamble.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A young striker who knows where the net is coming from a league that isn't very strong.

2 things. A signing like this is evidently a risk, as is keeping Giroud up front. It's more of a risk keeping Giroud as he has long proven he isn't good enough to lead the line for us. Sometimes buying a better player isn't always possible but the illusion of buying one is. In that regard Jansen ticks a lot of boxes. Prolific and young, should only get better. We actively look like we are trying. That's a plus.

The second thing is, since we dont know if he will be better or not, we need to then bin Giroud. You cannot sign a replacement and keep the current player unless it's a clear upgrade ie Ibrahimović, Neymar etc. The last thing you'd want to happen 6 months down the line is being forced to start Giroud because this guy is a dud , then you're worse off. As you've more players, a higher wage bill and have the same problem no starting striker but a surplus body. Getting another person in becomes problematic.

Selling Giroud means that if this turns **** we've still Welbeck, a more recent signing and versatile player, and can still look to bring in another body without clogging up the squad, 3 is a much more manageable amount than four.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

So after some thorough youtube scouting.....he seems pretty decent, but unspectacular.

His highlight is the fact that he is superb with both feet and finishing.

That said he does seem a little sluggish, and I wasn't at awe with his touch, would probably score alot, but seems to have the potential to frustrate.

I wonder if anyone has watched him alot and what they think about him......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom