• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I would LOVE us to sign Fekir tbh. Wanted him last summer. Given his injury for this entire season we maybe able to get him at a reasonable price.

Would love to see us shift to a diamond with Alexis and Fekir like Chile with Özil being that maverick no.10 like Valdivia. Midfield 3 of Wilshere, Xhaka and Ramsey might be the solution.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

201504_2128_eefbb.jpg
That's where I got it from! Laughed so hard when I first saw this.

This better get at least 10 likes :lol:

Doubt enough people know about the loud let alone who Carmelo is tbh. NBA thread is a ghost town.:(

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Giroud has got what, 13 goals with Villa to come?

I'd back Morata to get that, and his movement is probably 28 times better than the future CB we have up top.

jarsenal_man

When asked if we're interested in any Serie A players, the trusty Di Marzio replied saying we're interested in Morata. His situation is complex as hell though, so doubt we'll get him.

jarsenal_man

What's so funny? Shane Long, Igalho and Arnautovic are scoring as much as Giroud. Let alone a relegation fodder striker like Defoe. Benteke has barely played and isn't far behind.

Giroud is garbage.

Giroud's not great but would rather keep him over Theo.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Morata is a very good player but I don't believe he is what we need off the field or on it. What I mean by that is off the field this will be a very difficult transfer to complete. Real Madrid will buy him back in order to sell him for more money. It is a repeat of the Higuain transfer, the goal posts will be moved and quite frankly a striker who doesn't score goals isn't worth over 30 million. On the field Morata has good attributes but for me he is like Kevin Mirallas. He has pace skill and trickery but he isn't a natural goal scorer. He isn't very good under pressure either and mentally I don't think he has it in him to carry the burden of being our main finisher.

We don't want a striker who can do a job on the wing. We have Welbeck for that. We need someone to come in and take the no 9 shirt. We don't need a Thierry Henry. The chance creation is there. The moment of brilliance can come from either Sanchez , Özil or a new wide forward. We need an efficient finisher. Someone who is classy is a bonus. We need someone with good movement and decent pace with an eye for goal.

Sturridge is ideal but isn't worth the risk. We need a resilient goal machine. It doesn't have to be pretty. Just clinical.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Higuain functions well in a team where he is the main man. He constantly moans and complains the entire match at decisions and teammates. He barely moves from the central position and is 29 this year. He is lazy and clearly us carrying extra weight. We now need to build a team for the next manager or the next few years. We need a younger striker and that comes with risk.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
'Prefer others' - Sorry forgot the striker market was just blossoming with talent waiting to be signed.

This is like some starving African saying no to a McDonald's because he doesn't want the saturated fats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom