• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Janssen

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Razorist or someone else on here did, and is strongly against it. Apparently this guy is ****

But, With all the respect, I dont trust anyone when it comes to 'scouting', just myself :)

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I've got a good feeling about this guy.

At 21 he's hardly the finished product and he has some rough edges that needs to be worked on, he's caught offside quite a lot and his long shots go wide a lot, but put him in the box and he tends to score from seemingly any angle.

Last edited:

yybecause

Its always the hard work I like the most about coming players. Reading some info about this guy and his hard work is what got my intention. Apart from that I cant say anything about him, as I've never seen him bar youtube. Looks like a class finisher (adore those Dutch goalscorers), but it doesnt tell u the whole story.
Still, I like his hard work and constant will to improve (if true what is said about him in the link I posted earlier)

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It's way too early for him to move now. Let's see if he can score another 30 goals next season and how well he does against stronger teams in Europe.

AZ finished fourth in the league so they will have to play one round in order to qualify for the group stages.

If he does the business then and keeps developing well, he might be worth looking into.

Heisenberg

It's way too early for him to move now. Let's see if he can score another 30 goals next season and how well he does against stronger teams in Europe.

AZ finished fourth in the league so they will have to play one round in order to qualify for the group stages.

If he does the business then and keeps developing well, he might be worth looking into.
Chances are that it is then too late.

I am arguing for buying a guy like Janssen, but if we fail on other options around, we need to take a gamble, if you consider our situation. Walcott is not going to be around next season - Wenger simply has lost faith. Otherwise, Walcott would play.
That leaves us with 1 option. Giroud. Until. January. Bad.

If it is a guy like Janssen Wenger and co. bring in, then they need to invest heavily in a goalscoring threat on the flank too.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I would sign him, seem to have a very good eye for the goal, has the strenght works hard has the technique, He is 21 and could only get better at our club.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would sign him, seem to have a very good eye for the goal, has the strenght works hard has the technique, He is 21 and could only get better at our club.

There is a clear lack of perspective and rationality on this forum. Top class strikers do not exist at the age of 21. If they do they are the exception. A striker who scores as many goals as Janssen does with the diversity and physical power he has really has to be looked at as an option and potential superstar. Van Persie at the same age was no where near as clinical. You can say that for every top striker almost. What were they doing at 21? What was Higuain doing? What about Cavani?

Probably not banging in goals for fun at the age of 21, stepping up against England and leaving players in a heap while dispatching a penalty and providing an assist. He could potentially have the same effect as Harry Kane. This club really needs a young striker to step up.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ok, here goes nothing...

In the season 06/07 Afonso Alves scored 34 goals. At the time he was a 26 year old nobody. He went to Middlesbrough, failed, picked up his last paychecks in Qatar.

The next season, 07/08, it was Klaas Jan Huntelaar that scored 33 goals. At the time, he was 24 years old. He went on to have a couple more good seasons in the eredivisie. At Real Madrid and AC Milan he failed to really make his mark, and thereafter he had a couple good seasons at Schalke.

Thereafter, 08/09 El Hamdaoui scored 23 goals for AZ in LVG's championship season as a 24 year old. That was his biggest achievement, he went on to do nothing of note at Ajax, Fiorentina and Malaga.

09/10, my favorite season. El Pistolero Luis Suarez scored a whopping 35 goals and went on to have a good world cup. He was 23 at the time. He already had a couple good seasons before that. Amazing player, at the time he was playing mostly from the right, as a false winger. Half a season later he went to Liverpool, and the rest is, as they say, history.

Another eye-catcher from that season is Bryan Ruiz, a right-winger from that season's champions, FC Twente. Scored an annoying amount of late winners, big contributor. Did **** all afterwards, at Fulham. Lord knows where he plays now. Still got 24 goals from the wing that season.

Next up, my favorite farmer, and the season I really did not take the eredivisie seriously anymore. Bjorn Vleminckx, 10/11. Who? Yeah, exactly. Topscorer of that year with 23 goals, as a 25 year old. Came from nothing, went on to nothing. Plays for some mid table team in Turkey now. He's a ****ing farmer. Special mention to Russian born Dmitriy Bulykin, came out of nothing to score 21 goals and disappeared again.

Past the halfway mark now, 2011/2012. The great Bas Dost, 23 at the time. Scored 32 goals for Heerenveen, around the time just under the top clubs. Plays for Wolfsburg now, and was almost deemed a bad buy, until he scored a boatload of goals in the second half of last season. Not bad, but not great either.

Luuk de Jong scored 25 goals that season, and went on to fail at Gladbach and Newcastle. Came back to the eredivisie last season, and is scoring goals for fun again. Last from that season is Sanharib Malki, scored 25 goals for a candidate to go down. He was a ****ing tank, but I did not even know Syria had footballers. Guess that anything can happen in the Eredivisie. Plays somewhere in Turkey now.

Moving on, the season 12/13. The topscorer of that season was Bony, who now plays for City. Make of that what you will. He scored 31 goals and was known to bully himself through defense with sheer strength. Another well known around here from that season is Graziano Pelle, Southampton. Failed everywhere before that season, and was literally found by the son of Ronald Koeman on a beach, and asked "hey, how about you come play for Feyenoord?" Scored 27 goals that season and 23 the next. Judge him as you will. Special mention to American wonder kid Jozy Altidore, who scored 23 goals that season and bought himself another couple contracts in world football. Yeah.

2013/2014, Alfred Finnbogason! 24/25 at the time, another unknown who scored more than 20 goals the season before and went on to score 29 that season and earn himself a transfer to Real Sociedad. Did nothing of not there, but at Olympiakos he scored against us, in the Champions League! That basically seals his fate as a nobody, scoring against us.

Almost at the end now, 2014/2015. Memphis Depay, who we all know! 22 goals of the wing, topscorer and champion of that season, as a 21 year old. Great player I guess... Luuk de Jong made another cameo with 20 goals that season.

And now, we have arrived at the current season. Dear old Dirk Kuyt scored 19 goals of the wing as a 35 year old at Feyenoord. Milk scored 21 goals in 28 starts at Ajax, while Luuk de Jong scored another 26 goals. But the fairest of them all is Vincent Janssen, who came from the second division and scored 27 goals, most of them in the second half of the season. He only turns 22 next month.

Great player? Young star in the making? Perhaps, only time will tell. But for the ones comparing him with Van Persie or whatever, please. I've watched him numerous times, he does not have that special quality, star quality that we need, like Suarez did. Don't judge him on some youtube compilation, I have just sketched you guys some pretty good context of the Eredivisie. Trust me on this, it has only gotten worse over the years, not better. Just look at the decay of the Dutch national team. Go watch some youtube compilations of the topscorers of previous years, and tell me if you think they are stars.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ok, here goes nothing...

In the season 06/07 Afonso Alves scored 34 goals. At the time he was a 26 year old nobody. He went to Middlesbrough, failed, picked up his last paychecks in Qatar.

The next season, 07/08, it was Klaas Jan Huntelaar that scored 33 goals. At the time, he was 24 years old. He went on to have a couple more good seasons in the eredivisie. At Real Madrid and AC Milan he failed to really make his mark, and thereafter he had a couple good seasons at Schalke.

Thereafter, 08/09 El Hamdaoui scored 23 goals for AZ in LVG's championship season as a 24 year old. That was his biggest achievement, he went on to do nothing of note at Ajax, Fiorentina and Malaga.

09/10, my favorite season. El Pistolero Luis Suarez scored a whopping 35 goals and went on to have a good world cup. He was 23 at the time. He already had a couple good seasons before that. Amazing player, at the time he was playing mostly from the right, as a false winger. Half a season later he went to Liverpool, and the rest is, as they say, history.

Another eye-catcher from that season is Bryan Ruiz, a right-winger from that season's champions, FC Twente. Scored an annoying amount of late winners, big contributor. Did **** all afterwards, at Fulham. Lord knows where he plays now. Still got 24 goals from the wing that season.

Next up, my favorite farmer, and the season I really did not take the eredivisie seriously anymore. Bjorn Vleminckx, 10/11. Who? Yeah, exactly. Topscorer of that year with 23 goals, as a 25 year old. Came from nothing, went on to nothing. Plays for some mid table team in Turkey now. He's a ****ing farmer. Special mention to Russian born Dmitriy Bulykin, came out of nothing to score 21 goals and disappeared again.

Past the halfway mark now, 2011/2012. The great Bas Dost, 23 at the time. Scored 32 goals for Heerenveen, around the time just under the top clubs. Plays for Wolfsburg now, and was almost deemed a bad buy, until he scored a boatload of goals in the second half of last season. Not bad, but not great either.

Luuk de Jong scored 25 goals that season, and went on to fail at Gladbach and Newcastle. Came back to the eredivisie last season, and is scoring goals for fun again. Last from that season is Sanharib Malki, scored 25 goals for a candidate to go down. He was a ****ing tank, but I did not even know Syria had footballers. Guess that anything can happen in the Eredivisie. Plays somewhere in Turkey now.

Moving on, the season 12/13. The topscorer of that season was Bony, who now plays for City. Make of that what you will. He scored 31 goals and was known to bully himself through defense with sheer strength. Another well known around here from that season is Graziano Pelle, Southampton. Failed everywhere before that season, and was literally found by the son of Ronald Koeman on a beach, and asked "hey, how about you come play for Feyenoord?" Scored 27 goals that season and 23 the next. Judge him as you will. Special mention to American wonder kid Jozy Altidore, who scored 23 goals that season and bought himself another couple contracts in world football. Yeah.

2013/2014, Alfred Finnbogason! 24/25 at the time, another unknown who scored more than 20 goals the season before and went on to score 29 that season and earn himself a transfer to Real Sociedad. Did nothing of not there, but at Olympiakos he scored against us, in the Champions League! That basically seals his fate as a nobody, scoring against us.

Almost at the end now, 2014/2015. Memphis Depay, who we all know! 22 goals of the wing, topscorer and champion of that season, as a 21 year old. Great player I guess... Luuk de Jong made another cameo with 20 goals that season.

And now, we have arrived at the current season. Dear old Dirk Kuyt scored 19 goals of the wing as a 35 year old at Feyenoord. Milk scored 21 goals in 28 starts at Ajax, while Luuk de Jong scored another 26 goals. But the fairest of them all is Vincent Janssen, who came from the second division and scored 27 goals, most of them in the second half of the season. He only turns 22 next month.

Great player? Young star in the making? Perhaps, only time will tell. But for the ones comparing him with Van Persie or whatever, please. I've watched him numerous times, he does not have that special quality, star quality that we need, like Suarez did. Don't judge him on some youtube compilation, I have just sketched you guys some pretty good context of the Eredivisie. Trust me on this, it has only gotten worse over the years, not better. Just look at the decay of the Dutch national team. Go watch some youtube compilations of the topscorers of previous years, and tell me if you think they are stars.

F**k me that entire list is poverty Suarez aside. :lol:

Any good young Dutch player automatically gets compared to Sneijder, RVP or VDV.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Ok, here goes nothing...

Fine. £50m bid then. You drive a hard bargain, blud.

yybecause

Thats a nice little (big) list, and lots of work to make it done.
The only problem is, none of them is named Vinceny Janssen. Havent followed him so I cant say anything, but I am not a fan of comparing. time will tell

Btw, didnt know much about Vleminckx, but man I loved him in football manager long time ago, when he started at Beveren while they had all those young Ivorians :)
Yes, I did play with them and not some Real Madrids or stuff, good times

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Ok, here goes nothing...

I agreed with everything, but i do think there is some potential in Janssen.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Janssen's agent on possible PL transfer:

“Provided it’s a good club. Vincent has had a brilliant season, has made his debut in the Dutch National Team.

“It’s made him hungry for more. AZ is fantastic, but if you have the opportunity to take the next step…then that’s what you should do as a sportsman.

“AZ may ask what it wants for Janssen, because he is fixed for three years and his contract contains no predetermined release clause.”

Kanonier

Bryan Ruiz is currently playing at Sporting Lisbon and just scored 12 goals with them and finished 2nd. He played brilliantly with Costa Rica in the World Cup amd scored the winning header against Italy and a stunner against Greece. He obviously did not have the same impact in the PL like Suarez did but he was a winger and not a forward.

Eduardo_da_Silva

First time watching Janssen, and he has really impressed me. Complete striker and unlike our very own lamppost really dangerous. Scored once, was involved in almost all of Hollands dangerous attacks and kept the ball for them numerous times. I think he could ve very useful in our team.

yybecause

Watching a game also, and he really is playing well. Has problems with offsides, but apart from that he's been great today

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would be the ideal signing alongside side Higuain/Cavani/Ibra. Only 21/22, can come in with no pressure while providing a threat of the bench. While allowing us to flog Walcott to West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom