• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeymarsh22

Gabriel looked amazing from the videos on you tube..... This guy will be another one who looks the nuts on you tube but in reality he's as scattey as the rest of our centre backs

Impact

Established Member
^ Not true. If I recall correctly, it was hard to find anything substantial on Gabriel. Everything I read and watched suggested what he is. A raw player with the tools to become a good defender.

Only thing that Gabriel was living on was some rating that rated him amongst highest of defenders in La Liga.

There will always be some Einsteins on here that tell you players are good after few youtube comps ala Elneny.

Heisenberg

http://www.football-italia.net/85027/bayern-€40m-koulibaly

According to that Bayern tried to sign him before going for Hummels. Looks like he may be quite expensive. Could be a long summer.
No chance we will spend big on a defender. Priorities must be in order. And going big on a defender is not this summer, it is next summer.

This summer defensive "bargains" should be considered, like some of the Bayern Munich defenders who will be available.

BobP

Memri Fan
On Gabriel: I've seen enough to say he'll become a good defender for us, but I think he, in a similar way to Elneny, are both lacking a little power and decisiveness in their movements which is linked to them lacking a little in a physical sense.

Like they can be overwhelmed a little physically, a bit of work in the gym and that should be set straight.

Impact

Established Member
Gabriel and Elneny are diamond in the rough type signings. Happy for us to make these purchases as long as we don't rely on them to be the finished product at the beginning.

You keep Gabriel as a fourth-choice for me. Need great quality at positions 1-3 at CB. If he develops, then you move him up the pecking order. Same with Elneny and central midfield. And is why signing Xhaka was so important.

JENSON_GUNNER

Koulibaly will shine in the PL. I am pretty sure he would love the physical duels here. Just hope Senegal don't qualify for AFCONs.

Joeymarsh22

Gabriel is awful he really is... He's just a ticking time bomb if people are happy for him to be one of our two centre halfs going forward we as fans must of been brainwashed... He only has pace which covers many of his flaws!... He is just another mediocre player not good enough for us to mount a serious title challenge I would have benatia in a heart beat for 15 million even if it's for 2 years

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Gabriel is awful he really is... He's just a ticking time bomb if people are happy for him to be one of our two centre halfs going forward we as fans must of been brainwashed... He only has pace which covers many of his flaws!... He is just another mediocre player not good enough for us to mount a serious title challenge I would have benatia in a heart beat for 15 million even if it's for 2 years
When Kos first arrived he had a similar start to his Arsenal career. Gabriel has lots of potential. The only thing holding him back, and AW has hinted this, is that he's struggling/too lazy to grasp the language. There's a useful defender in there somewhere.

Having said that, he's far from the finished article and can't be relied upon for consistency based on what we've seen of him.

Wilshere's Right

When Kos first arrived he had a similar start to his Arsenal career. Gabriel has lots of potential. The only thing holding him back, and AW has hinted this, is that he's struggling/too lazy to grasp the language. There's a useful defender in there somewhere.

Having said that, he's far from the finished article and can't be relied upon for consistency based on what we've seen of him.

He really didn't. Kos was somewhat error prone but he was always an excellent defender right from the start.

Gabriel is a walking disaster. He's absolute pish and I am genuinely fearful every time I see his name on the team sheet.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
What the hell is it with Arsenal fans draging their own players through the mire ?
Gabriel is not **** for ****s sake - he may currently not be the consistent wc player you want but he has crazy potential and he has shown it several times. I dont wanna be Chelsea, City, Manu and co who replace these kind of players straight away and try a new set of players for crazy money.
There is an endless amount of Arsenal players who got lambasted by our own fans and then went on to become fan favorites.
It's not even like we were bad defensivly this season, we have not been perfect but we lost the season up front.

Actually same goes for Giroud. There is a reason why he plays for France in the Cup. He actually is an amazing second striker for us.
It would be madness to sell him if we dont buy 2 class strikers this window.
He gets all the hate because we so desperatly want to see a lightning quick and agile striker up front (so do I) as it could fit in really well with alexis and Özil in behind.
However this does not stopp Giroud from being a very good striker with a lot of strengths.
I would even go on to say that a Giroud with more agility and insane pace would already make him a wc player.

It's not forbidden to call for some changes and some mayor purchases to help our current set because we bottled our biggest chance to win the league in years. But I recommend to at least give some respect to the players who are already here especially as they are most certainly playing for your team next year...

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What the hell is it with Arsenal fans draging their own players through the mire ?
Gabriel is not **** for ****s sake - he may currently not be the consistent wc player you want but he has crazy potential and he has shown it several times. I dont wanna be Chelsea, City, Manu and co who replace these kind of players straight away and try a new set of players for crazy money.
There is an endless amount of Arsenal players who got lambasted by our own fans and then went on to become fan favorites.
It's not even like we were bad defensivly this season, we have not been perfect but we lost the season up front.

Actually same goes for Giroud. There is a reason why he plays for France in the Cup. He actually is an amazing second striker for us.
He gets all the hate because we so desperatly want to see a lightning quick and agile striker up front (so do I) as it could fit in really well with alexis and Özil in behind.
However this does not stopp Giroud from being a very good striker with a lot of strengths.
I would even go on to say that a Giroud with more agility and insane pace would already make him a wc player.

It's not forbidden to call for some changes and some mayor purchases to help our current set because we bottled our biggest chance to win the league in years. But I recommend to at least give some respect to the players who are already here especially as they are most certainly playing for your team next year...
mark.gif

Eduardo_da_Silva

He really didn't. Kos was somewhat error prone but he was always an excellent defender right from the start.

Gabriel is a walking disaster. He's absolute pish and I am genuinely fearful every time I see his name on the team sheet.

This is so wrong. Kos was bashed much harder than Gabriel due to the fact he played for Lorient(much smaller club in stature than Villareal is at the moment), and many people here thought he would not make it in a million years.

Gabriel still has a lot of credit from me. Fast, fearless and a bit crazy, he has the atributtes to dominate a lot of strikers in our league.

Last edited:

Wilshere's Right

This is so wrong. Kos was bashed much harder than Gabriel due to the fact he played for Lorient(much smaller club in stature than Villareal is at the moment), and many people here thought he would not make it in a million years.

Gabriel still has a lot of credit from me. Fast, fearless and a bit crazy, he has the atributtes to dominate a lot of strikers in our league.

Bashed him before he came not once he started playing for us. Again, he was error prone but he also looked solid from the start. Pretty sure his first game was against Liverpool and he scored, was brilliant and then got a red card. :lol:

Wilshere's Right

I agree re Giroud. For all his faults, he's a solid player to have at the club. Would be happy having him as our first sub or even as a second striker in a 442 system. Just don't want him leading the line, especially as a lone striker.

But Gabriel is utter ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom