• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
I agree re Giroud. For all his faults, he's a solid player to have at the club. Would be happy having him as our first sub or even as a second striker in a 442 system. Just don't want him leading the line, especially as a lone striker.

But Gabriel is utter ****.

Stop chatting ****, Gabriel is not 'utter ****'.

BobP

Memri Fan
Sick of seeing that trash avatar as well, should be some sort of rule on this forum against any divisive or abrasive political material being posted.

Reactions: BBF

blaze_of_glory

Sick of seeing that trash avatar as well, should be some sort of rule on this forum against any divisive or abrasive political material being posted.
It's a country's flag. If it were any other country you wouldn't have an issue with it, and we aren't about to discriminate against any one country in particular. Anything political in this is coming from your own perception of that country, which is entirely down to you and not something the forum needs to concern itself with. I have never seen that poster state anything political.

So just leave it, thanks.

And I agree with you re: Gabriel.

Prawn Sandwich

We're frustrated with our striker; "Giroud, sell 'em," yet we end up linked with a defender. I just can't tell if this latest rumour is a joke or if it "is real".

Reactions: A_G

Goonerfan

He had more yellow cards last season than Koscielny and Mertesacker put together despite having played less games than both. He's regularly caught out having to make up by running back. His positioning is off, he is hot-headed and he's error prone. And he doesn't seem to speak English making it hard for him to communicate with the rest of the back four.

So yeah, I disagree with you and I think he's not up to standard and I would love a new defender.

His English can obviously get better. He's been in England less than a year. Fans are always so impatient with players learning a new language.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Back to Gabriel, I personally have zero faith in him. But it would be very harsh to bin him this quickly.

I wouldn't mind having 5 CB's we could either loan one out (Chambers) or have the three reserves compete and sell one of them next summer.

FinnGooner

Established Member
giphy.gif

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
On Gabriel, I was very impressed based on the first few games. I liked how he'd more often than not go for the tackle rather then letting the player go past him.

I think theres a good defender there, but there were some matches where he consistently got beaten in similar fashion.

The lad's still young, so I'd def sign a starter and wait a year or two to see if he can step up and maybe eventually take over from Koscielny and what not.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Back to Gabriel - I think the issue is more that he doesn't seem to be trying. Wenger has even alluded to as much. I'm not expecting him to have an English literature degree but a few basic terms and understandings is minimal. His fault or not, I think it contributes a lot to his poor showings.

Brazilians have a thing where we think we know how to speak other languages. Usually these are the students that don't apply themselves and end up either believing that they're all good or that they should just give up. (at least that's what I felt whilst teaching).

BBF

I've seen a few games where Gabriel has looked like a good player, but then there's been another 15 games where he's looked like piss. With Koscielny there were far more, and you knew there was a good defender in there. With Gabriel, the more he plays the less impressive he looks.

alwaysmassive78

I've seen a few games where Gabriel has looked like a good player, but then there's been another 15 games where he's looked like piss. With Koscielny there were far more, and you knew there was a good defender in there. With Gabriel, the more he plays the less impressive he looks.

Yeah I feel the same. He's not progressing at all, rather he's regressing. Shame as the first few games he looked potentially a Kos replacement (for when he retires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom