• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 17

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

So yesterday the reveal trailer for FIFA 17 dropped, you can watch it here:
So being an avid Fifa fan I thought the trailer looked pretty good, a new engine for the game is a huge change but probably for the good. If people didn't know, the Frostbite engine that they are adding to Fifa 17 is the same as they use in the Battlefield games. So not sure exactly how that'll word for a football game.

Anyway some things I noticed from the trailer was one, how in detail Hazards face is, but again its a trailer so I doubt it'll be in that much detail in the game. Also seeing inside the players changing room was pretty decent, hoping to see alot more detail before games and stuff. Anyway thought it was time to create the new Fifa 17 thread.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Frostbite engine is just EA's new flagship, using it for everything. Battlefield, Need for Speed, Golf games, Dragon Age etc. Positive is it generally looks awesome and performs well. It's without a doubt the biggest change to the series in years though, and it's likely the explanation as to why Fifa 16 had barely anything new compared to Fifa 15; they were probably focusing on this.

I'm certainly more interested now than I was a few days ago, that's for sure.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Wonder how the new engine will play, hopefully the GK's won't act like spastics this year.

Lyrix7z-x

Given the current team, how would you line up on H2H?

I'd go with:

Sanchez
Iwobi Özil Wilshere
Xhaka Ramsey
Monreal Koscielny Chambers Bellerin
Cech

First complete Arsenal Team on FIFA since the Invincible years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Going to get this. Didn't buy 16 so I'm not going to be disappointed with whatever is served up.

LordBendtner

Can only get better than 16 tbh. The amount of scripting in that game is horrofic. Lucky bounces and tackles going straight to the opponent is too common.

Majora

I'd go with:

Sanchez
Iwobi Özil Wilshere
Xhaka Ramsey
Cech

41212 (2)
Sanchez Walcott
Özil
Ramsey Cazorla
Xhaka
Gibbs Koscielny Gabriel Bellerin
Cech

Godwin1

Very well-known
Didn't know they were changing the engine just thought they were farting another one out, makes things interesting.

AVENTUS

Want a little more added in career mode to be honest. Nothing worse then winning the treble and only 3 clubs are willing to take you on when you apply for another job or they

"Will be looking at other candidates"

Iron out glitches like when you sim a match and a player from both teams manage to score at the exact same minute impossible in real life lol.

Menu lagging is also Ridiculous on career mode it needs to be fixed.

N

NotAUserName

I'd go with:

Sanchez
Iwobi Özil Wilshere
Xhaka Ramsey
Cech

Cech
Gabriel Mertesacker Koscielny
Xhaka
Ramsey Wilshere
Cazorla Özil Chamberlain
Sanchez
Or this:

Cech
Gabriel Xhaka Koscielny
Ramsey
Chamberlain Cazorla Wilshere Welbeck
Özil
Sanchez

Last edited by a moderator:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho's in there, looks like they will have real managers.

a3RBF0q.png

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not really bothered unless they do something interesting with career mode. Been going down hill since introducing UT.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Not really bothered unless they do something interesting with career mode. Been going down hill since introducing UT.

Never really understood the appeal of career mode when we have Football Manager available as well tbh.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

It's a good variation of football management, the fantasy appeal of it really stands out as you have the freedom to practically sign anyone or do anything, you have full control of the outcome of your games. It has the potential to be brilliant like the NBA 2K career modes but we're left with ****.

Press conferences, board meeting etc. the potential of this game could be sky-high but it's run by *.

Imagine a player career mode like this.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It's a good variation of football management, the fantasy appeal of it really stands out as you have the freedom to practically sign anyone or do anything, you have full control of the outcome of your games. It has the potential to be brilliant like the NBA 2K career modes but we're left with ****.

Press conferences, board meeting etc. the potential of this game could be sky-high but it's run by *.

Imagine a player career mode like this.

That mode was hot garbage last year :lol: The literally ruined the career mode with that Spike Lee nonsense.

I get what you're saying though, but I think the inherent nature of football holds it back from being as engaging as most of the American sports. You spend most of your time off the ball in real life, unless you're sitting deep and being the one recycling possession . It'd be like playing the career mode in Madden as a wide receiver; long period of complete boredom with short bursts of excitement. Compare that to basketball where you're 5 on the court. Even that career mode can get boring if you're playing anything other than point guard, at least in my opinion.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah it annoys me that EA don't focus on career mode because of how much money they make of UT and stuff. But one thing I'd like to see in career mode is some in depth stats. Its not hard at all to put in the game, I'd like to see top scores, assists, clean sheets etc from every league around the world. But also stats for your players over the seasons, such as if I make a signing and have him for 4 years, I wanna be able to see how many goals, assists and **** they've had over those 4 seasons, again its not hard to implement this.

Also I'd like to see potential tweaked and players have what I'd call 'open' potential. So for example every player still has a potential, but lets say a young lad keeps bagging goals and playing well, there potential should go up and overall should go up, would make it so so much more interesting.

Also managers should move clubs. 100%. Also again when you play in CL, I want it to feel like you are, more build up to matches, crowd needs to be enhanced, change the boring celebrations, when I score a 90th minute winner I want the commentators, crowd and players to go mental, not what they do now. Theres so much they could do.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was seriously considering skipping this one, didn't realise there was a new engine until I got on here.

Can anyone think of a reason as to why they script? Surely they would have so many more happy customers if they just stopped scripting. It's maddening.

Top Bottom