• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rubbish in the transfer market, rubbish at getting good commercial deals, lies to the fans, one minute we can compete, the next we can't.

Got a £1m bonus last season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf I think a lot of the blame lies elsewhere in the club. First of all with the owner. Then I'm sorry to say Wenger. I would be willing to bet he has far more power than just the final say on transfers.

If we look at Utd when they were getting parred off by everyone in sight during Moyes summer in charge all the fans turned on Woodward. However since then even if some of these were duds he's managed to close big money deals for Falcao, Di Maria, Martial, Shaw, Mkhitaryan, Bailly, Zlatan and apparently now Pogba.

I think an executive is only as good as the club allows them to be.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

****ing does my head in. In the time Arsenal have been "preparing for the future" I've completed an under grad in Scotland (4 year course), completed a masters, bought a house, got married, bought another house, became a landlord, completed a masters, had a child - he is now 2 - and progressed to a senior position in my job earning a nice annual salary plus bonuses.

Yet Arsenal are still preparing for the future. Live a little Ivan live in the now or it'll pass you by you'll be old and grey and wonder where the time went.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've never seen him lie once, if anything he puts everything incredibly bluntly and people just choose to ignore it or twist what he's saying.

All hail King Ivan.
Just last week Wenger had to play down his comments, the guy said a couple of years ago that if the fans started to turn on the manager then they wouldn't be afraid to change things. Look at the atmosphere around the club since last summer, yet Gazidis is preparing a new contract for the guy who employed him.

These great commercial deals he brought up in every interview were dwarfed a year later.

He's as much to blame as Wenger and Kroenke.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Just last week Wenger had to play down his comments, the guy said a couple of years ago that if the fans started to turn on the manager then they wouldn't be afraid to change things. Look at the atmosphere around the club since last summer, yet Gazidis is preparing a new contract for the guy who employed him.

These great commercial deals he brought up in every interview were dwarfed a year later.

He's as much to blame as Wenger and Kroenke.

Well judging by the atmosphere at Norwich when fans tried to protest and even on the final day of the season the fans haven't completely turned on Wenger, not the match going fans anyways.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
****ing does my head in. In the time Arsenal have been "preparing for the future" I've completed an under grad in Scotland (4 year course), completed a masters, bought a house, got married, bought another house, became a landlord, completed a masters, had a child - he is now 2 - and progressed to a senior position in my job earning a nice annual salary plus bonuses.
Haha this is brilliant.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Well judging by the atmosphere at Norwich when fans tried to protest and even on the final day of the season the fans haven't completely turned on Wenger, not the match going fans anyways.
At the Norwich game a good few thousand didn't turn up and in the WBA game before estimates vary between 10 - 20K empty seats. Hard to quantify for what reason they didn't show, maybe they were sick, but I think it's fair to say a high percentage protested. There is a more noticeable split in the away fans, maybe because overall they are smaller in numbers.

Either way there is a sizeable minority of match day fans not happy and at the start of the season against Liverpool their bums will be on seats. The abuse is in some cases extreme and embarrassing, the train from Stoke, in other cases it is justified and created problems with pro Wenger elements. On topic Ivan needs to keep a careful eye on it, he wouldn't want to be Ceo with WWF style bouts happening come the start of the season in the terraces.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This ****** of a man is starting to piss me off.

Ok, cool we're poor now and can't compete with the big boys. Can anyone think of a logical reason why he's said this twice in two weeks?

Man makes us sound like a midtable side, he's pathetic.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom